Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how to eliminate fear?

Re: how to eliminate fear?

Quote Originally Posted by Arjunesh View Post
    Thank you I only knew Rama but didn't know the full name.
    There are 3 avatars of same name

Birth name : Popular name
    Rama : Parshurama - Rama with an axe. Known after he killed army of 10,000 soldiers with single axe.
    Rama Chandra : Rama
    Rama : Balrama - Powerful Rama, he was very strong (balram)
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    Oh just the beautiful picture above my previous post. I was so taken with its beauty, I thought it was in your signature for a second there. Just an honest boo-boo. Sorry.

Anyway, the reason why I am revisiting this. It's because of an insight I had last night whilst answering a question about divine Vahanas.

Lord Ganesha's mount is a little mouse. For ages, I have wondered how Lord Ganesha can ride on a little mouse...aren't elephants 'sposed to be terrified of mice anyway?

Don't elephants think that mice will crawl up their trunks and suffocate them or something...?

Here we have Lord Ganesha sharing laddhus with the little critter...making friends with it. Making friends with his fear...if you pray to Lord Ganesha, he'll remove the obstacle of fear from your path.

Once fear becomes your 'friend', then you can use it as nature had intended, for survival and to do human things. It's only when it holds you back, is it a bad thing.

Aum Namah Shivaya
    I thought Ganesh is sitting on a rat.
    AUM

Quote Originally Posted by Arjunesh View Post
    I thought Ganesh is sitting on a rat.
    It can be either/or, but usually it's a mouse.

So, one of my fears became realised yesterday. I am being evicted.

This flat I rent is so old, it's falling apart and the developers want to demolish it along with a few neighbouring units, build a condominium on the site and let it out to young, working families (not single people) at double the rent I am currently paying. My country town is turning into 'Legoland' and has been engulfed in the 'urban sprawl' that is Sydney, Australia. I live 150kms away from Sydney.

I have been living here for 10 years and I pay $200/wk rent. Flats/houses/units within a 500km radius are all let out at $400/wk now and I am on Social Security payments because I cannot find employment and thus cannot afford them. I am being kicked out onto the street. I have 90 days to vacate.

There is only one option for me now. In her will, my grandmother left me a tiny cottage on 1/3 acre in the middle of nowhere about 70kms from here. It has no power, sewer, town water and I cannot afford to get them put on like never, but at least it's a 'roof overhead' protecting me from the elements and that's all.

The land is inaccessible by road, it's built on the side of a stone mountain (the soil is barren) and actually, the land is totally worthless and it cannot be sold (I have tried many times before...even giving the damn thing away...nobody wants to pay the rates on it, even).

So, Lord Shiva wants me to renounce the world now, it seems. I am cool with that (but I wish I had sewerage, if anything). lol

Aum Namah Shivaya

When you feel fear of something unfamiliar, take it as a sign that you need to get to know a person or situation better.

Thread Information