Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vegetarianism and Diabetes

Angry Re: Vegetarianism and Diabetes

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    But the worse thing of all, which could be the death of culture, is anti-depression drugs. Little reported but factual is that almost in every case of mass shootings such as in Columbine and others, the kids were on these prescribed anti-depressants. In Europe, residue of such drugs are now detectable in drinking water - you can see how vast is the usage of such drugs in Europe.

Om Namah Sivaya
    Namaste ShivaFan,

Can we please stay on topic? I just found what you said there to be incredibly offensive and judgmental. The way you phrased that paragraph makes it sound like everyone who takes anti-depressants will turn into a spree killer! To be honest I thought you were less judgmental than that.

Re: Vegetarianism and Diabetes

Namaste All

UPDATE

Written words even in the "book binding" of obscure libraries or buried in a forest of electronic data sometimes have larger impact or even consequences than some imagine. I for one, if anybody should know, understands this and have connected the dots back to a few lines of written words that in some cases were one domino in a chain of events that are sometimes larger than life. And it is my belief that even more powerful than written words is the power of the human voice. Next to the Devas and Devi, the human voice is the most powerful weapon in the universe and can move history even.

Upon second thought, I decided to remove my original comment as it probably isn't conduitive to speak on a particular medicine in this context.

However, I will keep my criticism of high fructose corn syrup, which runs in second place to the most destructive witches brew in the universe next to ketchup.

Om Namah Sivayas
    Last edited by ShivaFan; 05 January 2013 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    However, I will keep my criticism of high fructose corn syrup, which runs in second place to the most destructive witches brew in the universe next to ketchup.

Om Namah Sivayas
    Namaste ShivaFan,

I agree with you on the high fructose corn syrup, but why is ketchup worse?

...On second thought, don't answer that, I like my ketchup...though I do use it sparingly these days.

Namaste and I am sorry to hear/read about your condition.

I have also been hesitant to reply to this up until now, when I saw the phrase: 'I don't like to cook'. lol

Okay, now how far do you want me to go here? More to the point, how far are you prepared to?

I'll cut all the bull and get straight to it:

1. Bitter Melon/Gourd (Karela) - It tastes disgusting at first, but you can actually get used to it if you dry them out in the sun a bit first. I grew really accustomed to Bitter Melon pickles, dried out and preserved in mustard oil (which is also amazing for diabetes) and I used to have it with everything! If you know a nice, old Indian lady and can take her a few of these...they look like lumpy, bright green cucumbers....

2. Fenugreek sprouts - as above - bitter as hell, but nice tossed into a curry or just on a sandwich - takes some getting used to, along with the very next thing:

3. Turmeric - If you can, always grate fresh over using powdered and add extra into curries and such. The more 'yellow' the better.

4. Guava leaves/Neem leaves - I prefer guava leaves, but some like neem. Just drink about 2-3 cups of tea daily (prepared fresh if possible) from the leaves.

5. Dandylion tea - If above is unavailable.

6. Chyawanprash - Just do it (like Nike). lol

I don't have diabetes, but I do have gallstones and a sluggish liver and it could actually do with a cleanse again. I have been feeling like **** lately myself.

I hope this can help you.

*Source -all the 'old Indian Grandmas' out there who taught me 'the Art'.

Aum Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by Necromancer; 15 January 2013 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Adding more content

Quote Originally Posted by Arjunī View Post
    Keeping dairy, nuts, leafy greens, vegetables, and tart berries, while dropping all of the breads, cooked grains, and beans, has ended that problem (and also stopped digestive troubles, as an added benefit).
    Have you tried sprouting grains, lentils and beans? This reduces the phytic acid and carbohydrate content and increases protein, fiber and anti-oxidant content.

Stephen Guyenet writes about how fermentation almost completely eliminates the phytic acid content of grains and legumes. He is also a big fan of idlis and dosas.

http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.nl...s-improve.html

http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.nl...-ix-idlis.html

Thread Information