Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Astrology and the Visible Stars — A Look Back in Time?

Glory of Rahu in granting silence and ability to perform penance

I posted that Rahu in 2nd place confers silence on the native. This was from the website id below:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/49520576/T...Sankaracharyas

This site discusses in details the planetary positions granting renunciation.

Rahu, commonly believed to be an evil force, is very divine in that it grants silence as stated above. Also, Rahu's placement in the 7th or 12th place from Arudha Lagna confers on the native, Askesis/Penance Adjoining Effect .

Ra K Sankar

Re: Glory of Rahu in granting silence and ability to perform penance

हरिः ओम्

Namaste,

Merci Equinox,

Ah je vois que vous parlez un peu français, excellent!
    Je suis Anglais et mon français écrit est tout à fait terrible, si je suis honnête!

Thank you Ra K Sankar, that looks to be a fascinating paper, I look forwards to studying it

I have been taught that we are lead to the Guru by the Dharma devita, the planet in the 9th from AtmaKaraka in the D9 chart

One can see why secrecy might be a necessary characteristic in the case of initiation into such a post.
    Being of the school of thought of Kashmir S
    havism, I have come to believe that the best place for any who realise the nature of
    reality, is in the Fieldwhilst renouncing.
    The importance of keeping knowledge alive through periods of ignorance and darkness, is of course a very serious business, but
    I shouldn't like to mistake itfor the goal
    , which is to my mind one of uplifting unified conciousness; God conciousness. To which
    we can all aspire ...

We are of course all entitled to out own beliefs and truth's ...

Thank you kindly for sharing your thoughts.

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Last edited by Mana; 11 January 2013 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    हरिः ओम्

Namaste,

Merci Equinox,

Ah je vois que vous parlez un peu français, excellent!
    Je suis Anglais et mon français écrit est tout à fait terrible, si je suis honnête!

Oh vraimant? J'ai pensé que vous etes français ! hehe, étude commencée d'l juste récemment, ainsi pas trop bon dans elle encore ! C'est une langue facile a apprendre... amusement aussi!

Aum Namah Shivaya

हरिः ओम्

Namaste Equinox,

Vous devez disposer d'un Jupiter tres forte si la langue Francais est facile pour vous!
    J'ai appris à l'oreille dans le lieu de travail, de sorte que le français écrit est tout à fait différente de celle parlée, donc j'ai plutôt
    beaucoup de rattrapage à faire avant d'écrire quoi que ce soit en français!

Je me s'appuya lourdement sur Google Translate pour écrire ces mots !

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय

Re: Astrology and the Visible Stars — A Look Back in Time?

One curious question :

I find that astronomers discovering newer stars / galaxies which they state to be almost from the begining period of universe i.e. the light reaching us is almost from the initial era of universe.

How does it happen ? Does it mean the relative speed of our galaxy and the other one is faster than light ? Even if we are diametrically opposite to big bang centre, this looks weird.

Say the distance measured is 45 billion light years. How do we know that the light reaching us today is 45 billion years old. It should be much younger. The time taken by light to reach us was also the time taken by the other galaxy to move further away.

How come after such long time after big bang, we can still find the light from initial era ?

Some confusion in my mind.
    Love and best wishes:hug:

हरिः ओम्

Namaste Kallol,

I think I understand your question, please don't hesitate to let me know if my answer does not resonate with you. Its a complicated subject.
    The reason that we are seeing this light only now is due to the increased sensitivity of the apparatus with which we are observing it
    The increased sensitivity of new telescopes and their corrective algorithm's allow us to pick up the presence of electromagnetic waves of lower intensity, which is in fact the "pattern" of light arriving from the furthest distance.

Modern astro physics does not currently know whether this is the edge of our galaxy due to the origin being a big bang or if it is the edge of a fractal leading towards a tapestry of other universes. I personally prefer the insight of the rṣī on this one.

The known universe being 1/8 th of the body of Narayana, it doesn't hurt to strive to know God ...
    I'm just studying Parasara teachings as to the Creation of the Universe at the moment, these are my thoughts on the matter, others will surely differ.

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय

Vannakkam Mana

Yes I do use Google Translator too, to check if I'm correct.

Et je n'ai aucun placement dans Jupiter comme loin je sais. Ainsi je le sentiment qui le Français est facile doit être pour une autre raison.

Vannakkam Kallol

Say the distance measured is 45 billion light years. How do we know that the light reaching us today is 45 billion years old.
    I think you've missed the point. The question here was how this phenomenon affects Hindu astrology. And no, if it's billions of light years away it doesn't take the same exact amount of light years for it to reach us. The time taken is much lesser.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Modern astro physics does not currently know whether this is the edge of our galaxy due to the origin being a big bang or if it is the edge of a fractal leading towards a tapestry of other universes. I personally prefer the insight of the rṣī on this one.

The known universe being 1/8 th of the body of Narayana, it doesn't hurt to strive to know God ...
    True, we still don't know many things about the universe although scientists state all sorts of theories. Older theories which we used to believe are rapidly being replaced by new ones. Only minutes ago I read an article stating that the Milky Way is much, much smaller than what we initially thought, about half the initial estimated size. With that, it's safe to deduce that 90% of theories, statements and research about the universe can change from time to time. Hopefully we can produce more solid answers, as we research our universe further in the future.

Aum Namah Shivaya

हरिः ओम्

Namaste,

Ah I see, this reference of time is only our reference. It is a relative scale relating directly to the speed of the pulse, a subject which from a Jyotiś perspective, I still have much to learn; but you would do well to consider relativity when pondering this also.

The rate of flow of (material) time changes dependant on our speed, the apparent speed of light is always the same no matter our speed; mass increases as we increase velocity.
    So the light takes different quantity's of time to arrive at us dependant upon our mass and speed, yet it always appears the same.

I have heard the learned Sanjay Rath; express that we should consider the life span to know the rate of flow of time that a life is 120 years for a human, but much shorter for an ant, but the ant lives life at a much faster rate. A more obvious example is found in mammals where it can be noted that, A mouse, an elephant or a human; all experience roughly the same number of heartbeats in a life time.

That idea might link this idea to
    Jyotiś for you?
    I am nothing but a keen student at this time, as such can only offer you ideas.
    How this affects Hindu astrology, I really could only guess at this being a part of that which is emitted by the Nakshatra.

What do you think, could be the effect?

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय

हरिः ओम्

Namaste,

Yes quite! I believe science needs to learn to trust in the value of insight; that in the vision of rṣī, we see quantum effect on a very big scale, its just that scientists are often to self absorbed and to realise this.

Schroedinger's cat being the perfect example. Astro physicists cannot ignore Quantum Electro Dynamics and vis versa.

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय

Thread Information