Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sensory Illusion and Ajna Chakra Activation

Re: Sensory Illusion and Ajna Chakra Activation

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    What I love about KS is that what you gain is never something you had to take away from another. How it takes each others short time, and returns to each a long, long eternal time. How you become a vessel where there are no tears. You become deathless. Siva is deathless. No hearts need to be broken when you move from a heart of flesh to what you are. Om Namah Sivaya
    Namaste and thank you for such a warm, enlightened response.

Most of what I know in regards to Yoga and Meditation comes from listening to what we call 'Inner Guru' which develops as a product of sustained mindfulness. When we are not consciously aware of what we have, then we cannot be subconsciously aware of what more we need.

I was a qualified Yoga and Meditation teacher, studying under Swami Chidanandaji of the Divine Life Society (Yoga Vedanta Forest Academy) in Rishikesh, India for a few years. I need a 'refresher course' though.

I also started studying this when I was 10-11 by reading the whole set of Tuesday Lobsang Rampa books (which were all the rage back then). Yes, it took us ALL about 10 years to discover the Tibetan Sage was only a 'plumber from Bristol'. Still, it was pretty good (until he started going on about all his cats).

This led me on to four books that would serve me well for many years:

1. The Tibetan Book Of The Dead - Unknown
    2. The Tao Te Ching - Lao Tsu
    3. The Serpent Fire And The Powers Latent In Man - Arthur Avalon (Sir John Woodroffe)
    4. Grist For The Mill - Ram Dass (Richard Alpert) and Stephen Levine

I am not using any resources right now...I mean not that I have poured over and memorised enough already.

Again, I thank you kindly and wish you peace.

Aum Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by Necromancer; 13 January 2013 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Fixing it to respond to part of an in-quote, quote. lol

हरिः ओम्

Namaste Shivafan,

Thank you kindly for your kind enquiry towards my path, I have some tails of trials and tribulation, which give the background
    needed to see why these teachings are so dear to me .

My experience of the cycle of birth an death, it would appear, has caught up with me in this life time.
    The emotional closed nature of the society in which I grew up, lead to a rather abusive response to phenomena with awoke in me;
    the teachings hidden within the saṁskāra in my place of birth and within my lineage, one of a strict scientific doctrine; served only
    to aggravate the spiritual fire that burned within my heart and soul.

I was 19 when this first occurred; a nodal return. I new that my situation required assistance and requested a spiritual guide, I needed
    my Guru. I was given as a response "haloperidol" the chemical equivalence to a large hammer to the head.
    My contact with the divine and consequent devotion was erased from my memory; leaving an enormous black hole in its place and no
    consequent
    spiritual support.

I was given a mantra, at that time, by my misguided guides: "You are mentally ill, it is genetic and incurable; you will need to take
    drugs all of your life" ...

This resounded in my head and heart as I struggled to make this vision fit my world.

I refused the medication and left the country; knowing in my heart that, something was very wrong with my home land, its dharma ...

I have come with time to learn how to manage these energy's, and am still somewhat in the process, as it is in fact my guide. My
    second nodal return has brought me to a fuller understanding of sanātana dharma, and that of lord ṣiva, who I find within my self,
    now in a much calmer manor; taming the snakes if you will allow me the bold analogy, that I might eventually put them to some
    good use.

To my delight I have discovered that those who have had similar experience in their lives have formed a body of knowledge and
    accompanying science, which allows me to diffuse this spiritual burn in a way which befits its divine nature. A complicated task
    in a society such as the one in which I live; but I am blessed to be assisted by such great saints and masters who have left their advice
    and guidance, like a trail of guiding lights.
    Which have in my case, lead me to the study of Jyotiṣ; as an eloquent reflection of the nature of reality, the divine mother her self.

I have been blessed to have been guided, by the grace of this forum and its leaned members; towards the delightful teachings of
    Swami Lakshman jū. I am extremely fortunate that his spiritual teachings have been recorded to tape as well as written, his
    translations and explanations of Abhinavagupta's Commentaries and teachings; explain clearly to me the reality of the experiences
    that I have known. It would appear that contrary to the original diagnosis from the mind of Western science; that I have been blessed
    to know ṣiva in my heart, and am not ill in the slightest; despite the poisons ordained ...

Kashmir Shavism explains that reality is ṣiva that we are all individuals who make him collectively, very real; we can all experience
    this fully in our unity, in God consciousness; guided by the divine light of its own understanding of its self, or through jyotiṣ or by the
    guidance of the Guru.

I am studying "the secret supreme" and the "ṣiva sutras" as expounded by Swami Lakshman jū. The regular e-mails from the official
    website are quite a delight to listen to also. You can find them here lovingly recorded and compiled by John Hughes ...

http://www.universalshaivafellowship.org/

I have found and enjoy greatly listening to the recordings of Kumada (Sharon Janis) although the expounding is limited, I find the
    verse and quick explanation to be a fantastic memory trigger to remember the deeper explanation and experience.

http://www.spiritual-happiness.com/kashmirshaivism.html

I have just received a copy of Abhinavagupta's Commentary on the Bhagavad Gita with Introduction and notes by Boris Marjanovic;
    it is fantastic also.

I am just starting out as a siṣya with my siksa Guru, Pandit Sanjay Rath. Who is instructing me in the finer details of the divine
    science of jyotiṣ, and also giving me a good grounding in the Sanskrit language and nuances of sanātana dharma.

srath.com

In regards to this thread; one of the symptoms of my experiences has been to make prana painfully obvious, as it is to us all if we so
    choose to look.
    Very early on in the
    ṣiva sutras, Swami ji highlights the existence of both Rudra and Kśetrajañās; it is very important to my mind,
    that we be aware of this.

I am a student of this divine knowledge and still have much to learn and experience.
    These teachings allow me to find bliss in God conciousness, by stilling the fear and competition in the world around me;
    Enabling me to focus.

Interestingly I have been in contact with the Western mental health service more recently, and was able to sit in front of a psychiatrist
    during an intense moment of God conciousness with her unable to detect any sign of mania, she prescribed to me a drug used in epileptic
    patients to reduce the pattern recognising parts of the brains activity, used now in
    Bi-polar Patients to reduce mania. The depth of
    colour saturation and perception depth of my vision dissipated as the world sort of became 2d; this drug was affecting the part of my
    brain advantageous for my jyoti
    ṣ practis, for my perception. I had gone to them out of respect for my culture as I was clearly having energetic
    manifestations, they at this time class me as "hypersensitive" or possibly "surdoué" miraculously cured from a genetic lifelong mental illness;
    I stopped seeing them and concentrated on learning about
    sanātana dharma, this was not long before my joining this forum, I've advanced
    greatly and I believe found a more suitable path ...

One of the most important parts of my day is to centre my self, this is best done before and during sunrise; I am still learning this art.

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Last edited by Mana; 15 January 2013 at 10:34 AM.

हरिः ओम्

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    No hearts need to be broken when you move from a heart of flesh to what you are.

Simply beautiful Shivafan, you have so eloquently captured the nature of independence!
    I should like to practis this in my work as a Jotyi
    a once I'm a little more experienced.

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Last edited by Mana; 14 January 2013 at 09:29 AM.

Thread Information