Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vaishnavism with Shaivism

Re: Vaishnavism with Shaivism

Quote Originally Posted by Gaurapriya View Post
    At my temple, we don't really do Navaratri, or Ganesha Chaturthi... however, we do celebrate Shivaratri! It's the only day that we can commemorate Lord Shiva as an expansion of Sri Vishnu. The temple brings out our Deities of Lord Shiva, Srimati Parvati and Ganeshaji, and sing kirtanas in their names!
    Very interesting! We all bring our own unique perspectives to worshipping this divine family... and in the process of expressing our love for our deity of worship, sometimes do tend to get carried away too! Gaurapriya, I read your loving devotion to Sri Krishna in the 'Gaudiya Vaishnava perspective' thread - and I admired it!
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Quote Originally Posted by Jodhaa View Post
    I don't know what I am! I'm not worried about it though. I pray from the heart and know it is heard regardless of whom I might specifically address.

For me, even though my heart is wrapped up with Ma Lakshmi, I have made associations between her and other deties, so that they all become linked. There are three deities in my shrine - Lakshmi (Shakta), Hanuman (Vaishnava/Saiva) and Ganesh (Shaiva). They all remind me of important qualities and strengths but when I pray I try to remember to acknowledge that even though I may be speaking to Hanumanji about loyalty and courage, I know Ma Lakshmi is listening in, because she is Hanuman too! And though there is no Vishnu in my shrine, I know that he is dear to Lakshmi, so my thoughts are full of fondness for him as well.

At first I thought this would make praying difficult - not having a sense of separation between them - but it helps remind me of the inherent unity in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirant01 View Post
    Very well said, Jodhaa! I can't offer anything by way of comment.. I personally believe in oneness of the entire universe, I am unable to detail what I mean here, I would PM you sometime about it!
    Vanakkam,

Well, I have nothing to add, I cannot agree more with you two This is how I view this matter also !

Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

To everyone:

1. It would be worthy to read the story of Naraharisonar - the Shiva devotee who hated Panduranga (Krishna).

2. We all hate Daksha Prajapathi and agree with what happened to him for his hatred of Shiva!
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Thread Information