Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rāhu moves to tulā

rāhu moves to tulā

hariḥ o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

The graha rāhu¹ has moved to a different sign (rāśi¹) this week. The sign of tulā¹ will be frequented by rāhu for the next 1.5 years.

While in tulā ( libra) it will produce certain influences. Also pending one's natal chart this sign will also have a house number associated with it. That said, does any one care to offer the influences of rāhu in tulā ?

For me, it will be in the 12th house (bhāva). The influences will be around what the 12th house offers: loss, mokṣa ( which is within the loss catagory), confinement, bed comforts, far off lands, hearing ( the left ear), vision, feet, expenditure, spiritual knowledge, discharge of debts, restraint, occult affairs, etc. The kārakā for the 12th is śani which is also in tulā as of this post.

The 12th is a dusthāna or duḥ + sthāna. Let's look at the words:
      • duḥ ( or du) - 2nd derivation is defined as pain , or sorrow , afflict , distress ; to burn , consume with fire , cause internal heat
        • The 1st derivation of du is 'to go'. So in jyotiṣ ( jyotish), the 2nd derivation is being applied.
      • sthāna is defined as place of standing or staying , any place , spot , locality , abode , dwelling , house , site . In jyotish this would be considered a house or bhāva.
      • more here on this HDF post: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=5319
    This rāhu is natural bādhaka¹ in one's chart ; Now I have a bādhaka in a dusthāna. Can anyone care to offer an opinion on the influences ?

iti śivaṁ

words
    • rāhu rooted in rabh and √ grah is 'the seizer'; He is the a daitya that seizes ( or swallows) the sun and moon and thus cause eclipses
      • rabh to take hold of , grasp , clasp , embrace ; to desire vehemently ; to act rashly
      • grah - to catch , take captive; to take possession
    • tulā - equal measure , equality ; a balance , weight , weigh , compare

• rāśi - a heap , mass , pile , group , multitude , quantity , number ; a measure or qualtity ; a division i.e. hence a 'sign' that is 1/12th or one-twelfth part of the ecliptic
    • bādhaka - oppressing , harassing , paining ; not to be confused with bhadāka which is fortune, prosperity
    Last edited by yajvan; 04 April 2013 at 07:14 PM.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Re: rāhu moves to tulā

I have Rahu in the 12th house - Makara! I do not know the specific influences of this 12th house Rahu, but if directed questions, I'm happy to answer them!
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirant01 View Post
    I have Rahu in the 12th house - Makara! I do not know the specific influences of this 12th house Rahu, but if directed questions, I'm happy to answer them!
    Makara मकर- a kind of sea creature ; the 10th sign of the natural zodiac (Capricorn). Ma+kara - Ma as a noun is considered welfare, happiness +kara is doer, that act of doing. We can see how this is associated with the 10th sign.

Correct me accordingly:
    • rāhu in your 12th makes you goal oriented ( the natural 10th house influence)
    • you take responsibility and are persistent
    • you 'get the job done' - natural 10th house influence again.
    • you have a tendency to be quietly intense
    • at times with or without knowing you make undue advatange of a situation
    • at times you also are taken advantage of to your dis-like
    iti śivaṁ
    Last edited by yajvan; 11 January 2013 at 09:48 PM.
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté
    [*]rāhu in your 12th makes you goal oriented ( the natural 10th house influence)[*]you take responsibility and are persistent[*]you 'get the job done' - natural 10th house influence again.
    I grouped the above 3 together, they seemed to belong together in the category of 'work ethics and efficiency' - as a student, I used to be very good, I have a M.Sc from India and an MS from USA and was very goal-oriented, an outstanding student with excellent grades and GPA. As a worker, I have about 10 yrs in service, you can say, my productivity and recognition varied with the dasha! I have been, overall, an excellent contributor, I worked as a Programmer/Consultant (not related to my undergraduation degree) and I have been persistently focused to gain knowledge on my own with effort and practice on the platforms I worked on! So the above are true, Rahu has indeed helped me be goal-oriented and achieve.
    [*]you have a tendency to be quietly intense[*]at times with or without knowing you make undue advtange of a situation[*]at times you also are taken advantge of to your dis-like[/LIST]iti śivaṁ
    Very true, Rahu has been a secretive planet, and I believe he has given me a tendency to be irritated/get irritable very easily.

But, 12th house Rahu, I believe has given me the following:

1. Foreign job and residence.
    2. Visiting numerous religious kshetras / temples - I have been blessed since young the merit of visiting a large number of temples. (IMO).
    3. Many spiritual dreams.
    4. A highly imaginative character.
    5. Good at arts/sketching.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Tula is my first house, shukra in eighth house.

हरिः ओम्

Namaste,

I should love to know your thoughts on this movement Yajvan Ji.

I have been considering also the nature of mean and true nodes. Is the effect of a Graha such as Rahu smoothed or averaged out, as it is in
    the mean calculation? I still have much to learn as to how the rṣī calculated the advance of these shadow planets; it is quite fascinating! It
    is so easy with the computers, but what a marvel to have been aware of such elements for so long. Can you enlighten us as to when these
    shadow planets were first considered in the classical scripts and thought, in an astronomical context? The mathematics I imagine, to be
    very complicated!

Might Rahu's influence here in tulā be turbulent but benefic as he accompanies an exalted ṣani he will aplify her nature she is also currently
    in a nakshatra ruled by Rahu, and approaching her exhalation degree. Maybe accelerating
    ṣani's slow nature a little. We see two Graha of
    vāyu tattva
    in the bhāva tulā also of vāyu nature, and with that moveable. Surely we can expect much change, I think the air of which is
    already being felt.

tulā, a ragasic sign and Sani/Rahu tamasic in nature, giving the combination of Sattva; the changes will be good but difficult.

tulā in many ways represents the balance of the market place, and the balance of karma. So I am thinking that the playing field could be levelled;
    our estimation of "value" put into question. Might Rahu initiate some sudden leaps forwards in this respect?

Might it be that a bādhaka in a dusthāna bhāva will bring you great spiritual result, an accentuation of your spiritual practis maybe?

tulā is my second
    bhāva as I have Kanya lagna. I have just started to study Jyotish in more depth, within the safety of a linage; a good grounding
    for my future knowledge and consequent practis I hope?

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Last edited by Mana; 12 January 2013 at 02:02 AM.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    I have been considering also the nature of mean and true nodes. Is the effect of a Graha such as Rahu smoothed or averaged out, as it is in
    the mean calculation?
    Both mean and true node movement is used in jyotish... Most use mean movement, but there is a specific application for true node use. I am at a loss at the moment for the definitional use of true node calculations.

The difference between true and mean is about 1.5°, for a total of a 3º band.

iti śivaṁ
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

hariḥ o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post

For me, it will be in the 12th house (bhāva). The influences will be around what the 12th house offers: loss, mokṣa ( which is within the loss catagory), confinement, bed comforts, far off lands, hearing ( the left ear), vision, feet, expenditure, spiritual knowledge, discharge of debts, restraint, occult affairs, etc. The kārakā for the 12th is śani which is also in tulā as of this post.

The 12th is a dusthāna or duḥ + sthāna.
    Another name used for the 12th house is vyaya. It has several definitions:
    • spending , expense , outlay , disbursement
    • passing away , mutable , liable to change or decay
    Another name for tulā ( libra) is jūka. Why so ?

iti śivaṁ
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Thanks for your posts teaching astrology....and on Rahu

Thanks Yajvan ji for your schematic posts clarifying and teaching astrology. Of course, as Sri Devasenapathy talks of astrology by exposure and experience and as you have affirmed by your open willingness to learn from others, one may need to validate astrological tenets in terms of actual exposure and by meditative reflection of the divine Light of all planets.

Anyway, I learnt from your post that Aquarius is a natural dusthaana, with Saturn and Rahu as its lords. And also that 3, 6 and 11 are places where Rahu places His steps. That has made my day, God knows why though...

Thanks a million...
    Ra K Sankar

हरिः ओम्

Namaste,

Ah ... a 3° band, rather like the body of a snake in proportion. I guess the history of this calculation is in some way related to work
    on eclipses, any formula which attempts to predict the nature of an eclipse would probably need to be "reset" or tuned upon the
    event of an eclipse. I am thinking of the wonderful paper complied by Pandit Sanjay Rath on the subject of the nature of eclipses
    whilst noting this. It must be extremely difficult to calculate the true nodes.

I am at a loss as to the meaning of jūka,
    other than having found a village in Finland named juuka (juuan Kunta) ... oh how
    fascinating is a reference to a place called kaavi as the source of a river; on the same page.
    It would also appear that the Swedish
    for juuka is juga, which is Indonesian for, "also" and "equally"; my source is wikipedia and Google translate so I can't really
    confirm that, never the less,
    quite a coincidence!

I should love to hear of the etymology and meaning of
    jūka!

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Last edited by Mana; 13 January 2013 at 07:05 AM.

Thread Information