Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: rāhu moves to tulā

Re: Thanks for your posts teaching astrology....and on Rahu

हरिः ओम्

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Ra K Sankar View Post
    I learnt from your post that Aquarius is a natural dusthaana, with Saturn and Rahu as its lords. And also that 3, 6 and 11 are places where Rahu places His steps. That has made my day, God knows why though...
    Ahh yes, thank you for highlighting this; If I'm not mistaken, does this lead us to understand the reasoning behind the functional malefics?
    Just a glimpse for the time being ...

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवा
    Last edited by Mana; 13 January 2013 at 05:44 AM.

Re: rāhu moves to tulā

hariḥ o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

While in tulā ( libra) it will produce certain influences. Also pending one's natal chart this sign will also have a house number associated with it. That said, does any one care to offer the influences of rāhu in tulā ?
    We can offer just a few notions here....
    • a general acceptance of the unusual, or the foreign ( see the connection to the 12th - 'far off lands').
    • success in foreign business ( rahū has the urge for the material side of life)
    • able to deal well with clever people
    • because rahū deals with deception, the person may be mis-understood in relationships ( recall venus owns tulā and this points wife, marriage, etc.)
    • but because rahū influences 'bad habits' , the above indications could be in excess i.e. 'bad' business relationships, dealing with clever people in an unscrupulous manner and the like.
    Yet it is my opinion that the house (bhāva) gives more information to the aspirant then the sign (rāśi). So , the 12th house in my opinion gives one a substanial indication of what rāhu's transit will bring.

But what of this name tulā ( libra) as jūka ? Do we get an idea based upon its components i.e. jū+ka ?
    • jū - to excite , promote , animate , inspire ; to press forwards
    • ka - has many uses and applications; yet if we look to the 3rd derivitive of 'ka' we have the following: happiness , joy , pleasure ; waters; head, hair; wealth; a king; it also can be used for the name of viṣṇu or of dakṣa.
    • Yet we find the 4th deriviatve of 'ka' as a taddhita¹; it may also be added to nouns to express diminution , deterioration , or similarity
      like putraka meaning 'a little son' or aśvaka meaning 'like a horse'.
    With this information, do we get any closer to why varāhamihira-ji (or varāha mihirācharya) the jyotiṣa calls this word 'jūka' out in his bṛhaj jātakaṁ (some write bṛhatjātakaṁ¹ ) ? It is found in chapter 1, 8th śloka amoungst the 12 signs (rāśi-s) designated.

iti śivaṁ

words
    • taddhita - an affix forming nouns from other nouns ; example maudakika

• bṛhatjātakaṁ or bṛhat +jātakaṁ
      • bṛhat - clear, bright; full grown; abundant , compact , solid , massy , strong , mighty
      • jātaka - born under ; nativity , astrological calculation of a natal chart; sometimes used as 'an aggregate of similar things' like caturjātaka or 4 simular things.
    Last edited by yajvan; 13 January 2013 at 07:24 PM.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

For me, it will be in the 12th house (bhāva). The influences will be around what the 12th house offers:loss, mokṣa ( which is within the loss catagory), confinement, bed comforts, far off lands, hearing ( the left ear),vision, feet, expenditure, spiritual knowledge, discarge of debts, restraint, occult affairs, etc. The kārakā for the 12th is śani.

One needs to be mindful of another 12th house (bhāva). That is, the ārūḍha¹ pada of the 12th. We too must study and consider this
    position called the upapada.
    How to calculate the ārūḍha ? Look to this HDF post: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?p=13124#post13124

iti śivaṁ

words
    • ārūḍha - mounted , ascended ; raised-up, elevated;
    • upapada - standing near or accompanying another to which it is subordinate.
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

हरिः ओम्

Namaste Yajvan Ji,

Thank you so much for sharing this here. I shall try to aquire a copy of varāhamihira ji's bṛhaj jātakaṁ it looks to be very inspiring!
    How fascinating that such obscure words be used for the signs, such an interesting and rich history.

Might I ask if your reference to upapada is specificaly due to tulā being in your 12th bhava? If so, can we refer to the subsequent
    ārūḍha pada lagna for other charts. Do we find more detail, indication as to the nature of events, due to this extra signification?

As an example: If tul
    ā is the 4th bhava in a chart , can we look to the position of A4 for an extra indication?

Thank you kindly.

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Might I ask if your reference to upapada is specificaly due to tulā being in your 12th bhava? If so, can we refer to the subsequent
    ārūḍha pada lagna for other charts. Do we find more detail, indication as to the nature of events, due to this extra signification?

As an example: If tulā is the 4th bhava in a chart , can we look to the position of A4 for an extra indication?
    To answer your question, the upapada is not connected to tulā.
    The ārūḍha of any house can be caclulated. A key ārūḍha then is that of the 1st house i.e. AL or the ārūḍha lagna. It is how the world sees you.

iti śivaṁ
    Last edited by yajvan; 14 January 2013 at 09:44 PM.
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

We know this...
    If the 12th lord is placed in a dusthāna¹ ( 6th, 8th or 12th) it forms a viparīta¹ rāj-yoga.
    If the 12th co-joins a beneifical graha ( a natual benefic as we call it) it gives a rāj-yoga during its daśā period
    as long as it associates with the 10th house in the daśaṃśa (D10) divisional chart.

So, this 12th house is not always unfavorable to the native.

iti śivaṁ

words
    • dusthāna-s or duḥ + sthāna.
      • duḥ ( or du) - 2nd derivation is defined as pain , or sorrow , afflict , distress ; to burn , consume with fire , cause internal heat
        • The 1st derivation of du is 'to go'. So in jyotiṣ ( jyotish), the 2nd derivation is being applied.
      • sthāna is defined as place of standing or staying , any place , spot , locality , abode , dwelling , house , site . In jyotish this would be considered a house or bhāva.
    • viparīta - turned round , reversed
    Last edited by yajvan; 14 January 2013 at 09:36 PM.
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

हरिः ओम्

Namaste yajvan ji,

Yes I have heard and learned a little of the ārūḍha lagnas; a fascinating subject indeed, I am concentrating on more basic
    level
    at this time; my curiosity does often get the better of me
    I had thought the discussion to be as to the effect of Rahu moving into tulā for one who finds tulā to be their 12th house.
    Thus the effect of Rahu changing signs for them.

This information on the link between the Rasi chart 12th house and the D10, it is fascinating.
    Please excuse me if I have taken any tangents in my line of thought; I am admittedly very prone to tangents.

Thank you kindly for your expounding of these topics; your explanations are very inspirational.

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय

Namaste Yajwanji

Facts inferred
    Since Libra is your 12th house, your ascendant is Virgo.

Facts furnished
    12th house karaka Saturn also placed in Libra as of now, to which Libra, Rahu has now moved.

Impact of Rahu and Saturn in 12th house Libra
    Rahu is friendly in Libra and Saturn is exalted in Libra, which is your 12th house.

Your 12th complete disappearance house Libra Lord Venus of 3/4th auspicious nature, is also the Lord of the completely auspicious 9th house Taurus.

Rahu, who generally causes enjoyment, being placed in the 12th house, may entail wasteful expenditure, cause sleeplessness and worthless wanderings. If this time falls within Rahu dasa, benefits will accrue from Rahu's placing itself in your 12th house, Libra.

Saturn exalted in 12th house and adjoined with friendly Rahu, is of an inauspicious nature. But, Saturn's placement in your natal Rasi chart is to be known.

I have attempted to place my sketchy observations together. Next post raises some critical queries. If you provide further info, I may delve a bit deeper.

Ra K Sankar

>> one's natal chart this sign will also have a house number associated
    >> That said, does any one care to offer the influences of rāhu in tulā ?
    >> For me, it will be in the 12th house (bhāva).
    >> The kārakā for the 12th is śani which is also in tulā as of this post.
    >> This rāhu is natural bādhaka¹ in one's chart, moves to tula ;
    >> Now I have a bādhaka in a dusthāna.
    >> Can anyone care to offer an opinion on the influences ?

Namaste Yajwanji

Facts required
    Where are Rahu, Saturn and Jupiter placed in your natal Raasi chart ?
    What planets are placed in your 12th and 9th houses ?
    Where is Venus of 3/4th auspiciousness placed in your natal Raasi chart ?
    Which dasa and bhukti are running now for you ?

Impact of the Lord of Obstacles Jupiter for Virgo Ascendant Natives
    Virgo is a Dual Ascendant and hence its 7th house Pisces Lord Jupiter is the Lord of Obstacles. Ascendant Virgo's Lord is Mercury and to Mercury, Jupiter is an equal, but to Jupiter, the Lord of Obstacles for the Dual Virgo Ascendant, Ascendant Lord Mercury is an enemy. Jupiter, of fully auspicious nature, on account of his being the Lord of Obstacles and on account of perceiving Ascendant Lord Mercury as His enemy, becomes subject to the defective Lordship over the Central 7th house Pisces. Hence, Jupiter will create obstacles, somehow or the other, for Virgo Ascendant natives like you.

The extent of obstacles may have to be judged with reference to His placement in your horoscope, other planetary relative positions and His current Location, etc.

Ra K Sankar

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Ra K Sankar View Post
    Facts inferred
    Since Libra is your 12th house, your ascendant is Virgo.
    Lagna is Scorpio...

iti śiva
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Thread Information