Thread: All out-introduction/ Namaste :)

All out-introduction/ Namaste :)

Hello everybody,
    I am Developer and I have been reading some of the topics on this forum lately.
    I have had a healthy respect for Hinduism/Sanscrit since my visit to Sri Lanka some years ago (amongst things), but it certainly is not my speciality

I plan on reading more here then posting anything actually, but found myself about to post something in the Science/Religion thread, when I haven't introduced myself so I guess ill just drop that in here

I have recently been pointed towards the SpiritScience series on youtube by a good friend, and have been checking their movies, articles and site out lately...
    My personal opinion is that they hold great respect and understanding of alot of ancient wisdom there, including the old hindu wisdom.
    All over internet I also see people pushing the boundries of science by applying these things in science (improvement of solar cells by 13 year old using fibonacci-sequence for instance)

It just got me enthousiastic and I posted a link on their forum about philosophy from a old talk show called thinking allowed, hosting Dean Brown: English translator of the Upanishads:
    It was nice to see so much love from him, he actually speaks about how all people who really try to understand these writings see them as scientific, not drenched in mystery so too speak.

Maybe you already know this show, good chance offcoarse, but here's the link if u like to see it, it gave me a warm feeling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE0lH7tntdM

And this is what I wanted to post in Science/Religion, but here is fine too:

http://thespiritscience.net/spirit/a...pirit-science/

I am born in Holland myself and I guess the above links show some 'westerners' trieing to comprehend all these beautifull things that have been out there for centuries, but the bright side is for me that I see alot of understanding and less translations of esoteric books too books of sexual postures for example hahaha (Chinese Can Tong Qi had this happen :P )

I hope some of u enjoy these links, and wish u all the best!
    I still have alot of reading to do so im off to do that again

Much respect, Developer

Re: All out-introduction/ Namaste :)

Namaste Developer

I was meaning to respond and welcome you, specifically because you are from Holland (Netherlands as some of us call it). One of my very best friends who is now left the world (died) was from Holland, he would often take me with him to go to a Devi Temple here in the US. He was a devotee of Maa Devi. Actually, typical of some from Holland, he was much more "liberal" than I am, actually I can be a real "stuck in the mud" conservative if you will, but for some reason me and him clicked right away. In fact, he first approached me out of the blue in, of all crazy things, a shopping mall, and the next thing I know he is telling me about the "Goddess Temple" (no, he wasn't recruiting or nothing like that, I have no idea what it was but he sensed I was a Hindu, I do not know).

Anyway, I love the Dutch, and I welcome you to the Forum! By the way, I also love the "Dutch Masters" of Art, and just recently viewed with my own eyes one of the great works of Vermeer. Sort of "off subject", but welcome!

Om Namah Sivaya

Vannakkam and welcome to the forums, Developer!

Quote Originally Posted by Developer View Post
    I have had a healthy respect for Hinduism/Sanscrit since my visit to Sri Lanka some years ago
    I guess I understand how you must have felt. That was precisely what got me interested in Hinduism and my own Hindu roots in the first place. It's too beautiful to not delve deeper into. So I decided to rediscover my Hindu roots.

Science and religion are an interesting combination. And you would be surprised when you realise the amount of scientific revelations that Hinduism has made long before proper modern scientific discoveries came into the scene.

Have a good time here.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Welcome!
    AUM

Thank you for this link! I enjoyed this hour long video very much. (A discussion of the maha-language of Sanskrit with an English translator of Upanishads and Sanskrit scholar and physicist Dean Brown. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE0lH7tntdM )
    jnanananda.com

"At the still point, there the dance is" -T.S. Elliot

Thread Information