Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tyeif prayers

Re: Tyeif prayers

Namaste Agnideva,

Thank you for sharing an amazing output on the Shum-Tyeif language of the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnideva
    The Kauai Adheenam focuses a lot more on the inner worlds than any other Hindu organization I have come across. The idea of each person having a guardian Deva, communicating with the Devas as noted above, being educated in astral schools in our dreams, etc. are quite unique to the teachings of Gurudeva. Although these concepts may not altogether be foreign to traditional Hindu practices, the emphasis on them is higher in Gurudeva’s writings and teachings.
    Sanatana Dharma has always stayed current and vibrant by assimilating the philosophical and mystical truths from all spiritual currents. Traditional Hindu practices lay their emphasis on the Ultimate Truth of Oneness and advise us strongly to spurn the siddhis that would come naturally to the seeker on the way. However, this being the Kali Yuga, the ultimate liberation is not possible to the grass roots of spiritual seekers, because of the ocean of personal, societal, national and universal karma that constantly pushes souls into the cycle of births and deaths.

Therefore, it is very necessary that we learn about the inner worlds that we transit to reach the destination. Since most of us are likely to shuttle between the three worlds (physical-astral-heavenly) for a multitude of births and deaths, knowledge about the astral and mental worlds would help us plan our lives and spiritual progress. I have always wondered what our Hindu sages think about the extensive narrations of Theosophy of the life and language and sound and color of scenary of such worlds and why they do not tell us about the extent to which these accounts are true and objective, specially when it is the case that Theosophy has sprung up from the solid base of Sananata Dharma. I am glad that our modern sages are addressing these issues and guiding us more professionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnideva View Post
    Ah yes! Reminds me of something from the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra. These are methods instructed by Shiva unto Shakti to focus the mind:

Open your mouth, place your mind in your tongue at the center of the oral cavity, exhale with the sound HA and know a peaceful presence to the world. (Vijñāna Bhairava Tantra, Verse 81)

With all your being, utter a word ending in "AH" and in the "H" let yourself be swept away by the gushing flow of wisdom. (Vijñāna Bhairava Tantra, Verse 90)
    Which is the best english translation of Vijnana Bhairava available these days ?? I want to have that book .
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post
    Which is the best english translation of Vijnana Bhairava available these days ?? I want to have that book .
    Namaskar Singhi,

I personally like the version that's available at the online Advaita Vedanta Library. It's under the Tantra section.

Regards,
    A.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnideva View Post
    Ah yes! Reminds me of something from the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra. These are methods instructed by Shiva unto Shakti to focus the mind:

Open your mouth, place your mind in your tongue at the center of the oral cavity, exhale with the sound HA and know a peaceful presence to the world. (Vijñāna Bhairava Tantra, Verse 81)

With all your being, utter a word ending in "AH" and in the "H" let yourself be swept away by the gushing flow of wisdom. (Vijñāna Bhairava Tantra, Verse 90)

Thanks for the kinds words, Atanu .

OM Namah Shivaya.

Anulom Bilom Pranayama has very similar effect when one's subtle nature becomes evident.

Meditation preceeeded by these exercises are usually very peaceful.

Om Namah Shivayya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Thread Information