Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: living in India: serious questions

Re: living in India: serious questions

Greetings McK

Quote Originally Posted by McKitty View Post
    I've had an anwer from a big company in Mumbai !

In the end there is only "Let me know how you want to take this forward"
    You should DEFINITELY enquire about hours of work, place of work, whether they provide accomodation (usually companies let interns fend for themselves), what help they will provide you in getting your visa, etc.

I would not be overly perturbed by "let me know how you want to take this forward" at this stage. Assuming you got a call from a well-known company, many managers are not clear how an intern can be of help. Projects are not yet clear, staffing of regular employees is not clear, etc. But at the very least, the manager should be able to provide you with general information of what is expected, maybe he/she cannot provide you with very specific details at this stage.

Good luck!

Re: living in India: serious questions

Vanakkam,

Thank you for your advices, everything is going fine and I even have a salary of RS10k (this is few, but interns weren't suppose to have a salary so it's good...)

But they do not provide accomodation or anything to live on. I know it's really expensive to get a room at Mumbai, especially for RS10K or less...I do not seek a high standard, just a room with indian comfort will do. But I don't know where to look, what to do, what not to do...

I can try to have some help from state to have additionnal money (An additionnal RS10K or less...)

What is less expensive and near my work is on the north, but I nearly only see flat or rooms on shared basis...And to be honest I don't know if I can trust, who to trust, etc...Plus I don't know if it's good security on north of the city

Anyone living/knowing Mumbai can help please ?

Thank you very much

Aum Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by McKitty; 19 February 2013 at 07:40 AM.
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

3. Re: living in India: serious questions

Hi McKitty!

Since you have so many questions as a Western woman thinking of moving to India (a vastly different culture), I would highly recommend a wonderful blog "BreatheDreamGo" by Mariellen Ward who is a Canadian woman who has traveled extensively in India.

She has some wonderful tips for women especially, and I think her experiences which she chronicles will give you a great sense of what to expect etc.

http://breathedreamgo.com/2013/03/is...in-india-safe/
    The Spiritual Bee - Rational answers to life's profound questions surrounding God, Soul, Consciousness, Life & Death, based upon the principles of Advaita Vedanta.

Thread Information