Thread: A question of utmost importance and pertaining to all spiritually determined Hindus

A question of utmost importance and pertaining to all spiritually determined Hindus

This question is a very important one.

It is a question of utmost importance and pertaining to all spiritually determined Hindus here.

- what if there are people out there who hide their actual identity and claim different names, origins, ethnicity/religion?
    - what if they do this not just to safeguard themselves but for political/economic/cultural/social purposes?
    - what if these people who are hiding their particular identity(actual ethnicity) are actually highly ethnocentric and possibly are working on behalf of their actual ethnicity as a collective?
    - what if these people are doing it as a strategy for personal benefit or worse to promote corruption amongst people(knowingly so against these people as they are not their own people)?
    - what if these people are applying it as a strategy to get intimate with the existing ruling elite/class of a people, to replace them in the long run? and create all sorts of mischief on earth?

I admit posing to be a Brahmin(I was never clear - in which case I was still hiding the truth). I would like to apologize. I will accept the according punishment from God for that. And I am wondering how to expiate my misdeed. I did it not for malicious reasons. God knows it, that is all I can say, if I did a very terrible crime, I pray to be punished for that. Its wrong that is what I see it as.

But you might want to wonder if there are non-Brahmins posing as Brahmins above all. And scrutinize their intentions with the pointers I raised.

Re: A question of utmost importance and pertaining to all spiritually determined Hind

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumar_Das View Post
    And I am wondering how to expiate my misdeed.
    Here is how you can expiate yourself and get a certificate of holiness....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-20668278

Pranam.

PS I could care less what one is or what he/she professes to be; the reason being that among Punjabis there are no traditional castes, the divisions being white collar, blue collar, a dalit or a pundit (who officiates for ceremonies and may run a mandir). The pundits are not very revered and might in many cases be quite poor. So, the social standing grows more out of a person's trade/intellect/education than through lineage. Some areas of the country are more hung up on the traditional caste system than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar_Das View Post
    But you might want to wonder if there are non-Brahmins posing as Brahmins above all. And scrutinize their intentions with the pointers I raised.
    There are many who read some mutated translation of the scriptures by self serving Westerners and then come to the forum to re-educate the rest. Others read and interpret the scriptures with their own biased minds because they are afraid of reading the biased translations of gurus for fear of not getting 'the true' meaning. They prefer their own biases than those of the gurus/swamis. After breathing hot and heavy for a while, they burn and crash, and either move on to another forum to sell their wares or just go quiet and make fewer posts. After all how long can one pose to be what he/she is not?
    -
    Last edited by Believer; 04 February 2013 at 12:45 PM.

Re: A question of utmost importance and pertaining to all spiritually determined Hind

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    PS I could care less what one is or what he/she professes to be;
    Did you read the extremely important points I raised? The extremely significant implications I mentioned? This thing is the biggest problem in the world right now and I believe has been for a rather long time.

the reason being that among Punjabis there are no traditional castes, the divisions being white collar, blue collar, a dalit or a pundit (who officiates for ceremonies and may run a mandir). The pundits are not very revered and might in many cases be quite poor. So, the social standing grows more out of a person's trade/intellect/education than through lineage. Some areas of the country are more hung up on the traditional caste system than others.
    A whole load of hogwash. Something really irrelevant.

Did I say caste was a problem? Or yet also did I say there was anything wrong about one trying to succeed in life through their own effort? Caste system or not, nowadays Indians have got the chance to study and through their own efforts be who they want to be. Whats the deal?

Off-topic...

I knew the last bit about me confessing would be used. Well that was aimed at all the Brahmins and other fellow Hindus.

And you happily used it. Very typical of a certain type of people. You want to let us know who you are?
    Last edited by Kumar_Das; 05 February 2013 at 06:40 AM.

The cyberspace is something no doubt one has to be very careful about. Long time ago, I was a member of a cyber Jyotish forum, I used to post there very frequently, like here. A Muslim member (female) joined and she created lots of problems. At first she asked for a reading about her two sons, when someone said the yogas she mentioned are not present in one of her sons' horoscope, she turned very inimical, not only to that member but also to the rest of the members, because we all knew the one who gave reading and were friends with him. It didn't matter to her that we were also equally friends with her and treating her well, she started literally abusing others in the form of name calling. When all members quit talking to her, she disappeared for a little-bit and then reappeared in a different name and pretended to be a newcomer. That is only until a certain point. Suddenly she came down upon all of us one day and there was a huge war of words between her and one of the staunch Hindus of the forum. That war was UGLY. There was no proper moderation in that forum, and hence they both went to the extremes, as in her calling India filthy and used ugly terminologies to describe India and Indians (while she lived in Delhi) and the Hindu man went to say how Hindus were converted to Muslims in olden times. The war went on the whole day.... And now for years, I am searching for this Hindu man everywhere - I used to know him in various cyber Jyotish fora as a knowledgeable member and he is NOWHERE to be found! I actually fear if something happened to him...

So one has to be actually aware of people with various interests posting as altogether different people (such as non-Hindus posting as Hindus) and so forth...

And so also in the society - since people know you directly and have access to your personal information such as where you live, your financial condition, your kids and so forth, one has to be very, very careful. I, for one, would refrain from any personal hatred, inimity or getting into fights with others unnecessarily, that is, over ego issues. A certain degree of tactfulness is necessary in any situation, since we all do not know the intentions of any given person.

PS: By the way, the questions in post #1 - aren't the people doing these actions on a society popularly known as 'spies' and there are strong laws to punish them?
    Last edited by Viraja; 05 February 2013 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Added PS.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Thread Information