Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Greetings...

Re: Greetings...

Yajvan,

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    With regards to children within my responsibility, the conversation is of a different matter. Why so ? They are in front of me, within arms reach. I can see their behaviors, their actions. Those on the internet are of a different form.
    Well, thanks for the dialog, although it's regrettable you elected to not answer the question. But just to clarify (since misunderstandings appear to be rampant on these boards) - when I said 'your' kids I was referring to you as a group (other HDF posters) not you personally.

Thanks,
    AG

..... I have posted here, we were deviating somewhat.

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...8991#post98991
    Last edited by Mana; 13 February 2013 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atheist Guru View Post
    Satay,

Excuse me sir, I've been very civil and friendly in my dialogues with your members. I haven't raised in my tone in the manner you're implying and I'm frankly surprised that you would state this.

Theological discussions often get heated, and that's fine as long as they don't turn into shameless insults like your friend Kumar Das venomously threw at me (and you were correct to moderate). You even have a forum called 'Hot Topics' to further demonstrate this point.

Finally, I see that you're bothered by my statement that "I respect people not their ideologies".

That is NOT the same as saying 'I disrespect the Hindu ideology'. I'm frankly indifferent to it like I am with others. Now, even you would agree that ideologies are subject to interpretation yes? Some people choose to do good with ideologies while others do harm. This is where respect and disrespect come into the picture for me: with the people.

I hope this clears things up. Now if it's okay with you I'd like to continue my discussion with the members I'm very grateful to have conversations with.

Much appreciated,
    AG
    Namaste,

I appreciate that you cleared things.

As Fair as I am Concerned, I have been a member of some forums -mostly Linux Forums and the people are polite while communicating. I do not say you use slang language.

To me, It did not looked like you were very receptive. Had things be represented in a different way, then the 'rampage' which you are talking would not have happened. We (members) are here for learning and sharing knowledge. We are here to clear doubts of ourselves and hopefully others, who on spiritual path.

For us, Hindus, we strongly believe that shastras are a collection of direct experience of innumerable Realized Saints since time immemorial. we treat them as authority and not Ideology. You may not have said so, but maybe it was mistakenly taken in this context, as it's HDF.

By meaning of raising Tone, this is what I have understand - you bluntly talked about it. That may be your nature, but I think it's this which has triggered a negative response.

If you have any issues with any member, Admin (satay) is always available. I PM him.

People like Yajvan ji are generally calm and composed and they develop their credit as time passes and we know them. That too counts for me.

Regarding the quotation from King James Bible (old and New testament) or maybe another version, there has been a lot of trouble and rules were formulated by Admin and mods and some experienced members after having bitter experience. As such Admin (Satay ji) had to write this post.

When you are entering foreign land or an unknown land you can

1. Change surrounding to suit you
    2. Adapt the land and change yourself
    3. Make a balance.

For me, I will adapt as much as I can by being open, as I am new to it.

sure the discussions get heated. Spirituality is very sensitive topic. As an Admin, one has to be very careful, as spiritual is very sensitive. You may hurt others feelings, sentiments and belief.

Unlike other forums were you can troubleshoot by following fixed steps, there are no fixed rules to believe and interpret shastas. It is very difficult to mod such a forum.

What can be done is to keep a check on ourselves and others which whom we are having conversation, so that It is easier to be on track or bring the topic on track. that applies to me too and I often correct myself when one points out my mistake.

Since you have modified your first post, please can you let us know the purpose of joining this Forum.

Aum
    indiaspirituality
    Last edited by Amrut; 13 February 2013 at 12:17 AM.
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Quote Originally Posted by Indiaspirituality View Post
    Namaste,

To me, It did not looked like you were very receptive. Had things be represented in a different way, then the 'rampage' which you are talking would not have happened.
    Forgive me, but I think I've been very receptive on these forums, and have expressed my opinions as politely as I can. Singling out one quote, which I later clarified isn't grounds for the unwelcoming attitude I received. I'm curious though, do you apply this level of quote mining scrutiny to other members as well, or is this because of my screen name?

I appreciate the response, however I don't think the rudeness and insults that I've been subjected to on a personal level (which you euphemized as a 'negative response') can be justified no matter what I said. I'm a lot more forgiving than that, and if someone has a problem with what I said, then I'll be happy to clarify in case of misunderstanding.

Since you have modified your first post, please can you let us know the purpose of joining this Forum.

Aum
    indiaspirituality
    That wasn't my first post, and I don't have any specific reason or any ulterior motive for being on this forum. Why do you ask?

Do me a favor though - when you get a chance, I suggest you may want to view some of the responses I'm getting to even the most innocuous topics, let alone the controversial ones. Our mutual friend Satay, who's been very good to me in our conversations (well, maybe not the first one) even had to scrub them.

Thanks,
    AG

Namaste AG,
    Welcome to the forum.

Usually forums serve a purpose of exchanging ideas among folks with a common interest. Presence of an atheist in a theist forum have the appearances of trolling. Either you find commonality or you are just curious.

That said, usually theists don’t have anything to fear from atheists , other than the fear of losing an argument. That doesn’t bother me a bit (I can go on a long winded explanation on why , but this involves how I view maya to play a role in what we perceive to be 'logical').

But sadly atheists have a lot more to fear from theists , since they have been killed and marginalized by theists due to unfounded fear.

I have an theist friend with whom I play chess and I think he finds pleasure in thinking that his belief system is superior. We have learned to be friends by not arguing over our belief systems. When we performed 'graha pravesha' ceremony , he was invited and he participated. He even put the tilak in his forehead , so that he wont offend my family - but promptly removed it while exiting my house.

Namaste,
    Someone who read my post have already pointed out that communists persecuted theists based on their atheist beliefs. So nothing great about atheists either. When they form a group they get into mob mentality also!

Quote Originally Posted by Atheist Guru View Post
    Forgive me, but I think I've been very receptive on these forums, and have expressed my opinions as politely as I can. Singling out one quote, which I later clarified isn't grounds for the unwelcoming attitude I received. I'm curious though, do you apply this level of quote mining scrutiny to other members as well, or is this because of my screen name?

I appreciate the response, however I don't think the rudeness and insults that I've been subjected to on a personal level (which you euphemized as a 'negative response') can be justified no matter what I said. I'm a lot more forgiving than that, and if someone has a problem with what I said, then I'll be happy to clarify in case of misunderstanding.

That wasn't my first post, and I don't have any specific reason or any ulterior motive for being on this forum. Why do you ask?

Do me a favor though - when you get a chance, I suggest you may want to view some of the responses I'm getting to even the most innocuous topics, let alone the controversial ones. Our mutual friend Satay, who's been very good to me in our conversations (well, maybe not the first one) even had to scrub them.

Thanks,
    AG
    Namaste AG,

I have gone through the posts in this thread. Maybe some posts have been removed, but I am not able to find them. I know that there are personal attacks on you. What I have said is that if you have any problem, you could have contacted Admin (Satay).

The problem I see is the way you frame statements in this and other threads. I have already given personal opinion about what I feel. To add to it, talking about Christianity is not taken positive by some members, and some feel that it's always trying to force others to accept their way.

I do not much care about screen name, but focus on content.

What I want to say is that I have a positive approach when it comes to understanding scriptures, and I do not doubt their authority. Having faith does not rob my common sense.

A faith in Guru does not develop overnight. Just because someone says you do not surrender yourself and your money. Faith builds gradually. But when this fait
    Last edited by Amrut; 14 February 2013 at 06:24 AM.

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

Namaste AG,

I again went through the posts in this thread

Does that go for your kids too?
    when I said 'your' kids I was referring to you as a group (other HDF posters) not you personally.
    Will this give wrong signal, specially when I look at your earlier replies and the direction they were taking.

Aum
    IS

Namaste AG,

I again went through the posts in this thread

Will this give wrong signal, specially when I look at your earlier replies and the direction they were taking.

Aum
    IS
    Hi again...

That was nothing more than a response to his statement that himself AND HDF posters do NOT push their beliefs on others, and I asked if their children were, too included.

That's a fair question, and the person I was communicating this with even agreed. My clarification was to ensure that I wasn't going to be misunderstood as I have been on this forum thus far. What's the issue?

I appreciate you asking for clarification. But now, I must ask you - what HONESTLY did you think I was saying or implying? If I'm going to be misunderstood, I'd like to know how.

Thanks,
    AG

Namaste AG,

I'm just coming here (after a very long absence) to bid you a warm welcome to these forums.

I am considered by some (and even myself) to hold Atheistic views myself as I personally don't and struggle to believe in the concept of a sentient and living deity that interjects in our affairs. However I have been reading the Upanishads and I have started to consider the Devas as a part of Brahman, as is matter, time and even Atman (the self).

However, I do consider myself a "Hindu" (and I only use inverted commas because of the origins of the word Hindu and Hinduism to describe religious beliefs of the Indian subcontinent, I suppose Sanatana Dharma is what I consider a better term) because I believe in Brahman, Karma, Dharma and what reincarnation stands for as opposed to a Buddhist, Jain or even a Druid!

Enjoy yourself, grab a (figurative) cup of tea and ask questions away.

Cheers,
    Adam.

Thread Information