Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Pray For Me

Please Pray For Me

Namaste.

I am having Shingles for the first time in my life and I am so ill and painful with it.

Nothing the doctor gives me is working...(I am on Famciclovir and Oxycontin with topical hydrocortisone and that's all they can do).

I am in my 5th day now and I have pus blisters all over my back and right side. I can't sleep or eat. I cannot get comfortable in any position...it's the most painful, annoying thing ever!

I'd also like some Ayurvedic treatments if possible (I have been rubbing raw Aloe on the rash). Thanks

Aum Namah Shivaya

Re: Please Pray For Me

I sincerely pray to god to grant you a speedy recovery, Necromancer.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste Necromancer,

Ouch. Sorry to hear of what you're going through. I'm not a medical expert, so I can't really do much for you except keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery on your end.

Namaste Necromancer

Your post has me so worried for you, of course all my prayers are with you in your sufferings! If you do not mind, I please ask Mother Shitala Devi to give you her cool healing and grace. I pray that your Lord be with you and see you through this endeavor.

Om Namah Sivaya

Namaste

Hope you will get well soon...

but surely, as spiritual aspirants, we know there is more to this.
    The bhakta says to the Supreme Lord, "I know that having a body entails some reactions, but I shall look at this as an opportunity to practice Your teachings seriously - THAT I AM NOT THIS BODY.
    I shall be patient and try to elevate myself this way.
    I am in Your protection. I surrender to You.
    I am aware that because You are with me, this suffering is much lesser that what it would have been otherwise.
    I shall try to focus on You and not on the body and the pain it causes.
    If You will be with me, and I know You always are, I shall meditate on Your presence as many moments during the day as I can."

A devotee of BhagavAn always looks at anything that comes their way as a sign or a hint for opportunity for service to Him, be it in the form of one's own spiritual upliftment. Moreover, they think that fortunately, since Bhagvan is with them, the suffering is much lesser that what it would have been otherwise. He alleviates it. He will.

-----

A prayer:
    sarvetra sukhinah: santu
    sarve santu nirAmaya
    sarve bhadrANi pashyantu
    mA kaschit dukham ApnuyAt
    Om shAnti shAnti shantih:

May there be peace and happiness everywhere,
    May there be no ailments (sickness) and inaupicousness
    May all be showered with auspiciousness / happenings
    May there be no sorrow, sadness
    Om, May there be peace peace peace!

_/\_

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ~
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

smaranam
    Is Necromancer suffering from what we call here 'mata' on the bodies of small children?

If yes then,here in India we keep the person isolation & use lots of neem leaves for beddings & in water for bathing.Applying any allopathic ointment is a strict no-no.
    तद्विद्धि प्रणिपातेन परिप्रश्नेन सेवया ।
    उपदेक्ष्यन्ति ते ज्ञानं ज्ञानिनस्तत्वदर्शिनः ॥

उस ज्ञान को तू तत्वदर्शी ज्ञानियों के पास जाकर समझ, उनको भलीभाँति दण्डवत्* प्रणाम करने से, उनकी सेवा करने से और कपट छोड़कर सरलतापूर्वक प्रश्न करने से वे परमात्म तत्व को भलीभाँति जानने वाले ज्ञानी महात्मा तुझे उस तत्वज्ञान का उपदेश करेंगे. श्रीमद्*भगवद्*गीता-4.34

Quote Originally Posted by dhyandev View Post
    smaranam
    Is Necromancer suffering from what we call here 'mata' on the bodies of small children?

If yes then,here in India we keep the person isolation & use lots of neem leaves for beddings & in water for bathing.Applying any allopathic ointment is a strict no-no.
    Namaste Dhyandev - Shingles forms in lentil like blisters that initially starts as a rash. They can be very painful. It is caused by a virus, which is the same virus that causes “Chickenpox”. It is not related to any sexual transmitted disease or anything such as not being clean, rather when it occurs in adults it was due to the individual when a child had suffered from chickenpox. The child recovers, but the virus remains hidden and dormant in the nervous system and reappears in this new form that starts off as a rash. The adult is totally innocent, anyone who had chickenpox when a child may have shingles as an adult, this effects as many as 1 out of 5 adults who had chickenpox in the past. If a person has never had chickenpox, then there is a chance the person may obtain chickenpox from the infection of the person with shingles, but never shingles itself, and only if the blister is alive and not in the “crusting” or healing stage and there is only a small chance of this happening. But if the person already had chickenpox in the past there is no chance this will happen. The rash turns into bumps and blisters, and it takes two to sometimes four weeks for the blisters to heal (recover), for some this is for less period of time. A doctor will give antiviral drugs which will speed up the recovery, but all agree it is very important to keep the area clean. Recommendations on how to best do this is very helpful. - Om Namah Sivaya

I pray for you!
    AUM

Namaste. I sincerely thank you all for your prayers and keeping me in your thoughts. <3

I have tried the 'I am not my body' approach, but it's not helping. I am slightly better though. The rash has all but disappeared (thanks to L-Lysine and Aloe Vera Gel) but the pain has increased now (post-herpetic neuralgia).

I am at day 10 with this and I still have 2-3 weeks to go before I notice any significant pain relief.

Keeping busy also helps (when I can actually move).

Again, bless you all and I really appreciate this. The prayers are helping.

Aum Namah Shivaya

May God grant you peace, love and happiness, Necromancer !

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Thread Information