Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General Discussion of Abrahamic Faiths.

General Discussion of Abrahamic Faiths.

Why is this section closed off? I enjoyed reading the discussions in there. Is one prohibited from discussing them on this website, even in an offtopic section?

Re: General Discussion of Abrahamic Faiths.

This thread addresses the issue of the Abrahamic forums:

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=9969

I guess the central issue is that discussion of Abrahamic religions detracts from discussion of Hinduism.

Namaste. I had second thoughts about replying, because it's an 'admin thing' and I am but a humble forum newbie...

I have read the highlighted thread above and can understand why that forum remains closed for posting.... in light of recent arguments and fights in other forums like the Universalism Forum which created big headaches for Satay last week...as well as HDF trying to rationalize the existence of ONE Supreme form of a Hindu Deity we could at least respect each other for worshipping, let alone anything outside of that.

I personally feel it would create too much controversy and drama if it were re-opened.

Buddhism is only a sub-forum because Lord Buddha is an Avatar of Lord Vishnu and Buddhist teachings parallel Agama Hinduism in many ways.

In my humble and honest opinion, discussions of other Faiths don't belong on here.

Aum Namah Shivaya

When I joined the forum, the Abrahamic faiths subforum was open. I also posted a song once there I feel that once in a while, to know something new about the Abrahamic faith will be nice. But the problem is, what would happen to the main forum here on Hinduism, if some people start posting everyday there on the Abrahamic subforums section...? There may be some new means deviced that makes sure one can post only once in 15 days in those forums I'm just kidding. Although it will be nice to hear from that subforum once in a while, it will still be odd and out of place to have messages posted there in the midst of other Hindu forum messages.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

The abrahamic subforum should be open.
    namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya|
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
    http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary

namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Seeker View Post
    Why is this section closed off? I enjoyed reading the discussions in there. Is one prohibited from discussing them on this website, even in an offtopic section?
    That section is closed (for now) as it has only caused grief on this forum when it was open perhaps not unlike what these religions do in real life.

Yes, one is prohibited from discussing them on this forum as the main purpose of this forum is discussion and promotion of Hindu dharma. Any mention of J word or anything related will be removed. Sorry, this is a bit extreme I know but I have to do this as other choices are not ideal.

If you must discuss abrahamic religions go elsewhere on the net.

Thanks,
    Last edited by satay; 14 February 2013 at 10:00 AM.
    satay

I would appreciate to have an abrahamic religion sub forum here. I am baptized as baby in Roman Catholic Christianity and so it would be very interesting to see what native Hindus think about some topics of it.
    AUM

namaste,
    There are already abrahamic religion subforums here but they are closed for posting. Please read my post above. I am not planning on opening them again as they only cause grief here. The original intent of these subforums was to compare and contrast them with hinduism but I found that discussions mainly ended up members throwing mud at each other with me having to clean up the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjunesh View Post
    I would appreciate to have an abrahamic religion sub forum here. I am baptized as baby in Roman Catholic Christianity and so it would be very interesting to see what native Hindus think about some topics of it.
    satay

Namaste All
    I don't want to sound mean or closed minded, but frankly a quality Hindu forum such as HDF is hard to find on the net.

There are lots of Islamic, Christian forums on the net, and I think Buddhists have the most forums of all though I like Lord Buddha.

Since quality Hindu forums are so hard to find, now that there is one it would be nice if the subject matter stuck to only Hinduism, thanks I like that better.

OmNamah Sivaya

That's true, a quality Hindu forum is surprisingly hard to come by. You'd think that on the Internet you can find anything, but I haven't found a good Hindu forum besides HDF. Granted, since I found HDF to begin with I haven't really had a need to look, so who knows?

Regarding the Abrahamic forums, I can understand why Satay decided to ax them. Don't get me wrong, as an Indian American, Christianity in particular is a gross inconvenience that I have to deal with regularly, and it would be good if there were a place I could talk about this stuff with other Indian Americans (and any other Hindus, really). But I can see that such a forum might attract unwanted visitors, and somebody - Satay in this case - needs to clean up after those people. So I can understand why he keeps it closed.

Thread Information