Thread: Life After Death

Life After Death

Shree Ganesh !

Dear All
    I a 36 year old Hindu after Birth, I am happy with my wife and 2 children. My Dad is also with us mom expired almost 24 year ago.

We are Koirala's (Nepali ) for Darjeeling, that what's my dad say's. I am married to marwardi. I was having grate belief in God since my childhood. But from last 3 to 4 years I am not able to concentrate on that. The Devotion towards God has been reduce and when ever I pray my mind gets distracted.

Almost 2 year ago I have read a book called "Laws of Spirit World" its talk about the Auto Writing - which is writing by some one but narrated by good spirit Soul.

Q1. I want to know what does Hinduism says about Life after Death
    Q.2 Why a person eating non-Veg is treated as bad and will not get close to God. And if that is so then why Christian are close to their God.
    Q.3 Every Religion says that their god created the universe.

There are many such question which has no answer, I am in this HDF to know and understand what is this all about .

Requesting you all to please help me to come out of this with a solution and better understanding .

Best Regards
    Vishal Koirala.

Re: Life After Death

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Vishal.koirala View Post
    Reincarnation based on Karma. We are born once. That is evidently observed. Why can not one infer that birth and therefore rebirth are the norm?

The concept of "creation" within Hinduism is unique in certain aspects. The most important aspect of this is the beginninglessness of Karma/Jivas, etc. Depending on the specific philosophical schools (Darshanas) of Hinduism, there are certain other metaphysical entities that are also beginningless. By being beginningless, what is meant is that they were never non-existent. They are uncaused temporally. They are caused in an ontological sense but we can get to that later on, if necessary.

So, when the Hindu says that Brahman created the world, it is NOT ex nihilo. The theist Hindu's conception of creation is more like that of a potter who creates a pot using pre-existing material. And God has been doing this from time immemorial. So, the universe was never absolutely non-existent. It always was, either in subtle form (unmanifested yet existing) or gross form (manifested and existing).

This thread may be of interest.

Re: Life After Death

I was having grate belief in God since my childhood. But from last 3 to 4 years I am not able to concentrate on that. The Devotion towards God has been reduce and when ever I pray my mind gets distracted.
    We are happy to know your enquiry into God!

Hinduism says we are the immortal Atma(soul) that does not have a beginning. We change bodies like we change clothes. This endless cycle of birth and death is but a misery-go round (not a merry-go round ) and the person who wishes to get out of this cycle and go beyond death is glorified.

Q.2 Why a person eating non-Veg is treated as bad and will not get close to God. And if that is so then why Christian are close to their God.
    Our scriptures have performed deep investigation into the relationship of food and the mind that is not visible on the surface. Food can promote ignorance/lazyiness, retlessness/passion and calmness/steadiness. Depending on the food that we eat, our devotion is tinged with these qualities. No one says meat eating devotees have no devotion at all.

Is that all there is to God my friend? Just to complete a material education, we go through so much learning and discussions...how much more should we ponder about the question of existence?

Hinduism distinguishes itself like a mountain would from a pebble because it has:

1. Detailed discussions on the soul, its nature, how to meditate on it and understand it.
    2. Detailed discussions on God, His nature, His attributes and finally our relationship with Him.
    3. Detailed discussions on how to integrate daily work and spirituality - karma yoga.
    4. Scientific truths. The world did not begin for us just 5000 years back...we understood that matter or energy all had one single start point.
    5. Variety: Truth is one! Learned ones express it in different ways" - How can God be talked about in just a few words..how can infinity be documented in a few lines? Different seers perceive Him in different ways and have poured forth their understanding.
    6. Unparalleled science of devotion - How to pour your heart out in loving devotion to God.
    7. Intuitive answers for endless questions- "There's this person I know, who spent his whole life helping orphans...but he does not belong to your religion. what is awaiting him?". "Animals and plants too have life...don't they have souls?" "Why is one born poor and another rich?"
    8. Acceptance: Our religion is not: "Believe in this or lose your head." Ponder very well on these truths and act as you wish.
    9. Universality: Whoever worships God in any (sincere)way is taking positive steps towards Him only and this includes all religion. But our love is not complete unless we know who we are and who God is - here the Vedic wisdom shines.
    10. A whole range of sages, teachers and messengers to testify the ageless truth time and again!

I can ofcourse go on and on.

Thread Information