Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can we control mind ?

Re: Can we control mind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Atanu Banerjee View Post
    But for me who is struggling to keep away desires (related to my apparent fleshy reality), an effort to know that the desires do not belong to the Self is essential and thus I have been drawn to a Guru who teaches so.

Regards,

Om Namah Shivayya

Namaste,

Thank you for relaying the comments

Realizing the Self means that one is never deluded into thinking that I am a fleshy body and I have such and such tasks to do, etc etc.

'Know Thyself' is the aim. It is abiding in one's infinite nature.

Well, my Guru says that abiding in the Self (infinite) seems an effort for you but with refinement, to not abide in the Self will require effort.

Thoughts are actually pointed -- related to some or other pointed objects. Absence of any thought, like in deep sleep is infinite. In deep sleep one does not know it, but in samadhi (and further in sahaja samadhi) one attains what one is.

(Lalitha love to dance, hehe)

I'm a girl. My thoughts are not pointed, they are reflective. I may evoke the point and reflect it maybe groove on it, but that's different from focusing on a point.

I desire nothing because I enjoy it all!

Love,
    ZN
    /neglect none
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Znanna View Post
    Namaste,

Thank you for relaying the comments

(Lalitha love to dance, hehe)

I'm a girl. My thoughts are not pointed, they are reflective. I may evoke the point and reflect it maybe groove on it, but that's different from focusing on a point.

I desire nothing because I enjoy it all!

Love,
    ZN
    /neglect none
    Namaskar,

Well,

If one is not carried away by thoughts and remains merely as a reflecting medium, one is already there. Must be a result of a lot of prior tapas.

Some explanation:

Q. On inquiry into the origin of thoughts, there is a perception of 'I'. But it does not satisfy one.
    A. Quite right. The perception of 'I' is associated with a form, maybe the body. There should be nothing associated with the pure Self. The Self is the un-associated, pure Reality in whose light, the body, the ego etc. shine. On stilling all thoughts, only pure consciousness remains. When just awaking from sleep and before becoming aware of the world, there is that pure 'I' - 'I'. Hold to it without sleeping or without allowing thoughts to possess you. If that is held firm nothing matters even though one sees the world - the seer remains unaffected by the phenomena.

If there were no such activities as waking thoughts and dream thoughts, there would not be the corresponding worlds, i.e. no perception of them. In deep sleep there are no such activities, and the world does not then exist for us.
    In dreamless sleep there is no world, no ego and no unhappiness. But the Self remains. In the wakeful state there are all these; yet there is the Self. One has only to remove the transitory happenings in order to realize the ever-present beatitude of the Self. Your nature is bliss. Find that on which all the rest are superimposed and you then remain as the pure Self.

Om Namoh Bhagavate Shri Ramanaya

But are you not carried away? If not, then you have nothing more to attain.

Regards

Om Namah Shivayya
    Last edited by atanu; 10 March 2007 at 07:59 AM.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Namaskar,

Well,

If one is not carried away by thoughts and remains merely as a reflecting medium, one is already there. Must be a result of a lot of prior tapas.

Some explanation:

Q. On inquiry into the origin of thoughts, there is a perception of 'I'. But it does not satisfy one.
    A. Quite right. The perception of 'I' is associated with a form, maybe the body. There should be nothing associated with the pure Self. The Self is the un-associated, pure Reality in whose light, the body, the ego etc. shine. On stilling all thoughts, only pure consciousness remains. When just awaking from sleep and before becoming aware of the world, there is that pure 'I' - 'I'. Hold to it without sleeping or without allowing thoughts to possess you. If that is held firm nothing matters even though one sees the world - the seer remains unaffected by the phenomena.

If there were no such activities as waking thoughts and dream thoughts, there would not be the corresponding worlds, i.e. no perception of them. In deep sleep there are no such activities, and the world does not then exist for us.
    In dreamless sleep there is no world, no ego and no unhappiness. But the Self remains. In the wakeful state there are all these; yet there is the Self. One has only to remove the transitory happenings in order to realize the ever-present beatitude of the Self. Your nature is bliss. Find that on which all the rest are superimposed and you then remain as the pure Self.

Om Namoh Bhagavate Shri Ramanaya

But are you not carried away? If not, then you have nothing more to attain.

Regards

Om Namah Shivayya

Namaste,

When you embrace your Beloved, do you focus on her or do you sink into the warmth of her ocean of beauty? Yet, knowing it is HER, your Beloved, makes it sweeter perhaps?

My current practice is balancing in ajna, like staring into the sun having faith one will not be blinded. To do this, I pray for, and receive a complementary chakra system where base and crown intersect which allows me this delicate balance. I'm getting better at it, but it's scary as all get out. Twin is unrelenting, though, retreat is not an option.

Om Namah Shivayya

ZN

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Namaste,

When you embrace your Beloved, do you focus on her or do you sink into the warmth of her ocean of beauty? Yet, knowing it is HER, your Beloved, makes it sweeter perhaps?

------
    ZN

Namaste,

I have actually become a girl for beloved Shiva. I wish to be embraced and not to embrace (though instinct to embrace another comes up often). But I know every other embrace comes and goes. Shiva is always there waiting for everyone.

Om Namah Shivayya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Originally Posted by Znanna
    Namaste,

Namaste,

I have actually become a girl for beloved Shiva. I wish to be embraced and not to embrace (though instinct to embrace another comes up often). But I know every other embrace comes and goes. Shiva is always there waiting for everyone.

Om Namah Shivayya
    Knowing that "One loves one's beloved for the love of the Self" (Br. Upanishad).

The location of the pleasure of embrace does not belong in the object embraced. The pleasure resides in the being. Mind control is about training the mind to remember it forever. That the being is Narayana and He is the ONE in the absolute.

Om Namoh Narayana
    Om Namah Shivayya

Namaste,

Om Namah Shivayya

ZN
    NamAste,

Yeah.

the perfection is achieved by THE MIND by which fall occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by maruti View Post
    Sentimental nonsense. Can we get back to reality now?

Heh.

"Can we get back to reality now?"

Who is to say there is a difference between what is manifest and our perception of "manifest"? Which comes first? Does the dream exist without the dreamer?

Or, to paraphrase, who dreams?

Namaste,
    ZN

Maruti?

Maruti? Where his post?

Om

Smile Re: Can we control mind ?

Om Shirdi Sai Ram,
    Namaste Koya.
    I shall explain a sequence from Srimad Valmiki Sundarakandam.

In Chapter 26 (Atmahatya Nischayaha)ie; Goddess Sita resolves to commit suicide.
    Sloka 50 : "Priyanna Sambhave Dukham Apriya Dadhikam Bhayam
    Thabyam he ye viyujyente namsteshaam mahaatmanaam"

Goddess Sita before trying to commit suicide thinks to herself:
    When hapiness comes the mind is filled with joy,when unhappiness comes the mind is filled with sorrow,People who have conquered both hapiness and unhapiness are really great men,Godess Sita Says "My salutations to such great men."

Thus you can surmise how difficult it is to control mind.
    Morover Swami Vivekanda says - Vedanta recognises no sin, it recognises only error,and the greatest error says the vedanta is that you are weak.You cannot do this and that.

Also it is very essential that one has a GURU who can guide us at all times.It is only a Sadguru who can enable us to cross the ocean of samsara.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Sivaraman View Post
    Om Shirdi Sai Ram,
    Namaste Koya.
    ----Also it is very essential that one has a GURU who can guide us at all times.It is only a Sadguru who can enable us to cross the ocean of samsara.

Namaste, You are absolutely correct that it is very essential that one has a GURU who can guide us at all times.

And it is also the truth that the Guru is ever there guiding --- as Viveka, as conscience, as intellect, as the universe around you.

Om Namah Shivaya

Thread Information