Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: YOUR opinion on The Gods?

YOUR opinion on The Gods?

Namaste all.

What is your opinion/perspective on the God's and Deitys that are outside Hinduism and are a part of different cultural pantheons?

Are they Non-Existant? Fictional? Or a Different Manifestation of a Particular Deity/Energy?

To me personally, I believe most of the gods around the world from different cultural backgrounds are the same exact deities/energies interpreted differently. I take Carl Jungs stance as he was a Great Psychologist as well as Mystic.

I believe many of the God's Fit in Psychological Archetypal patterns in the Collective Human Unconsciousness while those deities simultaneous carry an independent life on their own. ALL THE SAME ENERGY, It is US that Separate them.

This is just to serve as an example for comparison, it doesn't have to be accurate. Lets say Thor And Odin of the Viking Religion are the Same energies as Visnu And Shiva. Or Kali Ma is the same energy as Lilith in Judaism, or Hecate. Rama is Hades etc. etc.

Krishna being the same energy as Obatala in the Yoruba pantheon. So I'm not referring to Monism/Universalism. Still separate distinct energies, that fit particular archetypes, WE separate them based on our conditioned interpretations. But they carry a life on their own.

For many this is a "New-Agey" thing to believe. I'm not Universalist by any means nor are my beliefs anywhere close to Neo-New Age Thinking.

I consider myself A realist, and my views will be closest to Carl Jungs stance on the Deities, and the archetypes they fit in the collective unconscious, rather than One God many manifestations that monists stand by.

Thoughts Anyone?
    Last edited by Spirit Seeker; 04 March 2013 at 07:12 PM.
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice. ~Joseph Dunninger

Re: YOUR opinion on The Gods?

Vannakkam: My opinion shouldn't matter to anyone, but it is that the Hindu Gods, in particular the Saivite ones, are all I need. There is no need (or desire on my part) to look anywhere else.

However, interdisciplinary or comparative scholars are welcome to go for it.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: My opinion shouldn't matter to anyone, but it is that the Hindu Gods, in particular the Saivite ones, are all I need. There is no need (or desire on my part) to look anywhere else.

However, interdisciplinary or comparative scholars are welcome to go for it.

Aum Namasivaya
    Namaste Eastern Mind. I understand that. But do YOU think the Hindu Gods that you worship and devote yourself to, carry different facets revealing themselves in different traditional cultures/religions in other regions, or are those "other" manifestations/interpretations are non-existent/fictional. Or are they all One god with many Forms as a Monist would say?

Or Maybe they do exist, but they are separate beings/energies that are unimportant?

I think the Latter is what I got from your response.
    Last edited by Spirit Seeker; 04 March 2013 at 08:06 PM.
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice. ~Joseph Dunninger

Does it really matter what we think? No amount of belief is going to change fact. The truth remains whatever it is, regardless of our beliefs.
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by philosoraptor View Post
    Does it really matter what we think? No amount of belief is going to change fact. The truth remains whatever it is, regardless of our beliefs.
    Namaste. Yes Objective truth is truth, but would still make for an interesting discussion. Hinduism is very diverse and complex in comparison to simplistic belief systems we are all familiar with.

So I wouldn't equate this to me going on some Christian Forum, and asking this same question, as I would obviously get all the same answers.

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Seeker View Post
    Krishna being the same energy as Obatala......
    For a second I read Obatala as Obama; Krishna and Obama - same energy?
    I consider myself A realist,
    What exactly is a realist?

It appears that you are comparing and shopping around, as I do when I am ready to buy a car. Please get real, spirituality is devotion to deities, not a material thing that lends itself to a comparative intellectual exercise. And don't ever think that you are breaking new ground; new people have been coming up with the same old tired intellectual exercises and thinking as if they have found something new. I have been through this a million times before. But thanks for posting this in the right section of the forum.

Why bring non Hindu things to a Hindu forum? What is the intent? What exactly do you expect to hear? Perhaps an atta-boy is expected for stating what you might think to be something unique that will lift the mankind to new heights of peace, prosperity and spiritual bliss?

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

For a second I read Obatala as Obama; Krishna and Obama - same energy?

What exactly is a realist?

It appears that you are comparing and shopping around, as I do when I am ready to buy a car. Please get real, spirituality is devotion to deities, not a material thing that lends itself to a comparative intellectual exercise. And don't ever think that you are breaking new ground; new people have been coming up with the same old tired intellectual exercises and thinking as if they have found something new. I have been through this a million times before. But thanks for posting this in the right forum.

Pranam.
    Namaste.

Realists accept that the material world is real and not an illusion/maya. It's exact opposite Mono-Idealism accepts that nothing is independant from the mind. There's sub philosophies as well from Subjective Idealism to Objective Idealism etc.

I was only asking for opinions, but it appears I'm being received wrongly. No one here is answering my questions directly as to what they personally think of different gods outside Hinduism.

Sorry for asking then or if I offended anyone for just being curious....
    Why bring non Hindu things to a Hindu forum? What is the intent? What exactly do you expect to hear? Perhaps an atta-boy is expected for stating what you might think to be something unique that will lift the mankind to new heights of peace, prosperity and spiritual bliss?
    Hmmm Perhaps a DIRECT answer to a question from a Follower of Hindu/Sanatana Dharma, being that it is in the appropriate discussion forum, without being projected with pre-conceived labels and words/intent assumed upon me.

Namaste,
    No one here is answering my questions directly as to what they personally think of different gods outside Hinduism.
    When Hindus have the original, why would they waste time on thinking about, analyzing and commenting on imperfect copies? Is that direct enough?

Do you really believe in the following appendage to your posts, or is it just cute, fancy words to you?

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." - Joseph Dunninger

That is your real answer.

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

When Hindus have the original, why would they waste time on thinking about, analyzing and commenting on imperfect copies? Is that direct enough?

Pranam.

Then that was all that needed to be stated. It is a good answer I think.

Why do I appear "shady" for asking without having presumptions thrown at me, just because I'm Non-Hindu?

Namaste Eastern Mind. I understand that. But do YOU think the Hindu Gods that you worship and devote yourself to, carry different facets revealing themselves in different traditional cultures/religions in other regions, or are those "other" manifestations/interpretations are non-existent/fictional.
    Vannakkam: The key here is the word 'think'. I simply do not think anything at all about it because its irrelevant ... totally. Maybe, maybe not, and I don't care at all. You, on the other hand, have thought about it, obviously. As a Hindu, I have better things to do than to think about such stuff ... like actually worshiping my Gods, improving my character, doing seva, pilgrimaging, performing my dharma.

So it's like asking you what you 'think' of the citizenry of Mauritius.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information