Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Seeker View Post
Namaste all.

What is your opinion/perspective on the God's and Deitys that are outside Hinduism and are a part of different cultural pantheons?

Are they Non-Existant? Fictional? Or a Different Manifestation of a Particular Deity/Energy?

To me personally, I believe most of the gods around the world from different cultural backgrounds are the same exact deities/energies interpreted differently. I take Carl Jungs stance as he was a Great Psychologist as well as Mystic.

I believe many of the God's Fit in Psychological Archetypal patterns in the Collective Human Unconsciousness while those deities simultaneous carry an independent life on their own. ALL THE SAME ENERGY, It is US that Separate them.

This is just to serve as an example for comparison, it doesn't have to be accurate. Lets say Thor And Odin of the Viking Religion are the Same energies as Visnu And Shiva. Or Kali Ma is the same energy as Lilith in Judaism, or Hecate. Rama is Hades etc. etc.

Krishna being the same energy as Obatala in the Yoruba pantheon. So I'm not referring to Monism/Universalism. Still separate distinct energies, that fit particular archetypes, WE separate them based on our conditioned interpretations. But they carry a life on their own.

For many this is a "New-Agey" thing to believe. I'm not Universalist by any means nor are my beliefs anywhere close to Neo-New Age Thinking.

I consider myself A realist, and my views will be closest to Carl Jungs stance on the Deities, and the archetypes they fit in the collective unconscious, rather than One God many manifestations that monists stand by.

Thoughts Anyone?
Namaste.

From my way of thinking and believing, God is God. There's no 'my God' or 'your God' there's just 'my beliefs' and 'your beliefs'.

Beliefs are personal. God is impersonal.

In an attempt to try and understand the form in which the Divine is represented to us, we create God 'in our own image' to try and make sense of it.

What many forget, is that the image is a spiritual one..not a physical one.

If I sound too 'new age' by saying that God is everything and can be called by any name with unwavering faith and devotion, then so be it.

I choose to worship Lord Shiva because that is God's 'form' that most appeals to me. Shiva is Jehova...Buddha...Allah....Krishna...every single thing!

Those who worship Jehova will say that Jehova = Shiva, Buddha, Allah, Krishna.

Those who worship Krishna will say that Krishna = Shiva, Buddha, Allah...etc.

There is no difference and we are all coming from the same place.

My personal insight on this came as Ganesha entered my heart for the first time, I saw him all around me, within me, outside me, in 5 dimensions if that makes sense, he spoke to me without words, and then, i knew, in that moment i knew.
It is very beautiful and amazing when that happens. I have felt the same with Lord Shiva, quite a few times now.

Aum Namah Shivaya