Thread: reply needed

reply needed

Kindly, look at this thread http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=11064. Haven't gotten reply to it from anyone for days!
    I think someone from Advaita sub forum can reply...

Thanks.

Re: reply needed

Quote Originally Posted by dharma321 View Post
    In Bhagavad Gita it says - "If you don't fight you will lose your honour and people will talk about it for _ages_".

-Why should one care about honour, when all is illusion perceived via sense organs?
    - Caring for 'honour' implies having an 'ego' - so why is he being told to fight instead to 'meditate' and get rid of the 'ego' - which is the basis for all the illusion?

Kindly, look at this thread http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=11064. Haven't gotten reply to it from anyone for days!
    I think someone from Advaita sub forum can reply...

Thanks.
    similar to your question why did Sri Krisna tell Arjuna so he need to fight even all of these are only illusion, so why does the absent of anyone replies to your question bother you so you post the same thread twice? only brahman is true, there is someone who answer your question or not, my answer or another member answer, are all illusion only right?

in my dream, when the tiger is chasing me, I still feel fear and I run as fast as I can. when I wake up in the morning, I know, "Oh the tiger is only in my dream, there is no tiger in my room, that tiger in my dream is unreal."

a tiger in my dream is real for me when I am dreaming. If I know the tiger is unreal then I am no longer dreaming, I am the awakened one then.
    as long as you dream, everything is real.

an ajnani is like someone who is dreaming, he has not realized his true Self. everything is real for an ajnani.

a physicist who knows that the atoms in his bread for breakfast and in the atoms in the rotten bread in the garbage is the same, they are all contain carbon, hydrogen, oxigen (carbohydrate), even the bacteria in the garbage is consist of carbon, still the physicist doesn't need to eat the rotten bread.

in vyavaharika satyam, there is bread, there is garbage, there is friend, there is enemy, there is me, there is you.

from paramathika satyam, there is no jnani, there is no ajnani,(there is no bread also) only sat chit ananda svarupam

true renunciation is realization of the Self that is never a doer and never an enjoyer of the fruit of action. true renunciate is not merely someone who is wearing orange robe, sitting only and let his beard and hair grow so long.
    if he still have expectation that the fruit of meditation is belong to him then he has not become a true renunciate yet.

to become a true renunciate, first we must drop the likes and dislikes in our mind. then the karma yoga has it roles. Karma yoga is doing what is your dharma and serve the action and the fruits to the God. so you don't have attachment, likes and dislikes are reduced and you are ready to jnana yoga because you need the calm and pure mind digest the jnana. when Sri Krisna tell Arjuna to fight, Sri Krisna want to introduce the karma yoga to Arjuna.

a warrior dharma is to fight the bad guys, not to cry or run from his duty.

Arjuna didn't want to fight (because he was goint to kill his teachers and brothers) and he was crying but there is no reason to cry. The pandita doesn't cry because the pandita has knowledge, and Sri Krisna want to lead Arjuna to become the pandita (the wise one) by imparting the jnana through the gita.

mithya is more accurate word for illusion.

mithyaa is not real because it is not eternal and not unreal also because I can experience it.

bread is mithyaa, (garbage also). I can eat bread so the bread is not unreal. If I don't eat the bread on the table then the bread will be destroyed by the bacteria or fungi, so the bread is not eternal

hope these helps

Quote Originally Posted by dharma321 View Post
    -Why should one care about honour, when all is illusion perceived via sense organs?
    Here "Honour" means showing the world, by yourself, that making a war (N.B. war is imposed on the pandavas by the other side) for the sake of honour, is an illusion.

- Caring for 'honour' implies having an 'ego' - so why is he being told to fight instead to 'meditate' and get rid of the 'ego' - which is the basis for all the illusion?
    Why did Shankaracharya went all over the places to teach Advaita?

btw I also have a query: what about when a snake looks like a rope?
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    2. Depth of Āstika knowledge is directly proportional
    to the richness of Sanskrit it is written in
    3. Āstika = Bhārata ("east") / Ārya ("west")
    4. Varṇa = tripartite division of Vedic polity
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    constant c = intelligence
    variable x = bhakti

Quote Originally Posted by Kalicharan Tuvij View Post

btw I also have a query: what about when a snake looks like a rope?
    when someone is looking snake as rope then it is a superimposition. it is an error due to the ignorance. only knowledge can dispel the ignorance. rope is never exist, there is only snake. rope can not exist without snake.
    Snake never transform to rope. if someone who mistakenly see the snake as the rope acquiring the true knowledge that it is only a snake, then the notion of rope is vanished. don't search where the rope go, because it is only a notion, the rope never exist from the beginning

someone who is seeing the snake as rope, he become easily be bitten by the snake, because he may touch it because he is sure that he only touch the rope, but the fact is: he is wrong.

Have you heard about "Jiddu Krishnamurti"?
    He says, we have all been conditioned for millions of years (in every way) - 'truth' - what you call 'the awakened one' is something that you have to find for yourself, there is no "organized" way to be an "awakened one", organizing is what all these "Gurus" are doing, which is B.S.

Dear Dharma321,
    Sri Krishna was simply answering from all standpoints "Even if you look at it from the stand point of worldly good and gain or loss ... you are going to loose" that's all he is saying

Note: "even if ..."

BTW "honor is good and one should lead a honorable life" ... its another thing if one lives a dharmic life and yet people misconstrue and throw blame on them

Thread Information