Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: why Indra is not worshipped?

Re: why Indra is not worshipped?

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    The Brahmanas are newer than the Rigvedic corpus. The Upanishads are newer as well. The other Vedas are also younger than the Rig Veda.
    This is not a Vedantic view, nor even a traditional Hindu one. As far as I can tell, this is just verbatim, dry, academic, indology conjecture.

Personally, I am not interested in the Brahmanas and the other three Vedas because they make Indra subservient.
    In other words, you start off with the views you accept as correct, and then pick and choose the scriptures which appear to support your views, rejecting all others.
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

delete
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 17 January 2014 at 05:59 PM. Reason: no longer hold these views; retracted; stand corrected

delete
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 17 January 2014 at 05:59 PM.

Let me make my self clear. Rigveda is the oldest and most pure. The Vedanta and Brahmanas are all heretic creations. How clearer can it get for you?

The reason I choose not to acknowledge your Vishnu as supreme is because of the defilement of the Rigveda by the authors of the Brahmanas and their one god concept which is alien to the Rigveda.

jaiindradev
    Nonsene. You clearly need a schooling in how orthodox Hindus view their scripture. See this thread- http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=9655
    namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya|
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
    http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary

delete
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 17 January 2014 at 05:57 PM.

Pranam

Quote Originally Posted by Omkara View Post
    Nonsene. You clearly need a schooling in how orthodox Hindus view their scripture. See this thread- http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=9655
    Why is it nonsense, it is quite obvious he does not subscribe to the views that has been established,in medieval time,mainly, apparently by one sect if some off the posters here are to believe. Care to define what is orthodox Hindu?

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    Why is it nonsense, it is quite obvious he does not subscribe to the views that has been established,in medieval time,mainly, apparently by one sect if some off the posters here are to believe. Care to define what is orthodox Hindu?

Did you actually see the thread I linked to? So you support the Yajur, Sama, Atharva Veda, Brahmanas, Aranyakas and Upanishads being labelled as 'heretical creations'?

The apaurusheyatva of the vedas is not a medeival concept. It is established in the Vedas itself.

O sage, Virupa, praise him in eternal words.(RV 8.75.6)

‘Thousands are the glories of Brahman and they are individually thousandfold. The speech of the Veda is co-extensive with Brahman. What man of intelligence is there who can comprehend the significance of the Vedas and who is there, who comprehending it, can expound it ?’ (RV 10.114.9)

The Katyayana-sruti says: ‘The highest object of knowledge is Brahman and the highest source of knowledge is the Sruti. Sruti is unoriginated and eternal and even so is Brahman. Independent of Sruti he cannot be known.'
    namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya|
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
    http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    Pranam

Jai Shree Krishna
    He also does not believe in the yajurveda, atharvaveda, brahmanas and upanishads.

He has probably read to much nonsense from indologists who claim that the Rigveda is the only authentic source.

....which is the same thing you are doing - only using the texts you appreciate to counter my claims...
    Um, no I haven't. As far as I am concerned, all of shruti is pramANa. You are the one who is picking and choosing which shrutis to accept.

Let me make my self clear. Rigveda is the oldest and most pure. The Vedanta and Brahmanas are all heretic creations. How clearer can it get for you?
    It's clear to me that this is your opinion. But having an opinion does not make it a fact. Do you have any evidence substantiating the above, or do you just blindly accept whatever Western academia tells you to believe?

One has to appreciate the irony in the fact that you reject entire Vedas as "corrupted," when this idea was originally advanced by people with Christian missionary motives.

The reason I choose not to acknowledge your Vishnu as supreme is because of the defilement of the Rigveda by the authors of the Brahmanas and their one god concept which is alien to the Rigveda.
    So, which is it? Rig Veda is pure, or Rig Veda is defiled? You can't have it both ways.

It sounds to me like you are saying that you don't really accept the Rig Veda in its entirety, just those parts which you happen to like.
    Last edited by philosoraptor; 18 May 2013 at 07:44 AM.
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Pranam

Quote Originally Posted by Omkara View Post
    Did you actually see the thread I linked to? So you support the Yajur, Sama, Atharva Veda, Brahmanas, Aranyakas and Upanishads being labelled as 'heretical creations'?
    No and no

The apaurusheyatva of the vedas is not a medeival concept. It is established in the Vedas itself.

O sage, Virupa, praise him in eternal words.(RV 8.75.6)

‘Thousands are the glories of Brahman and they are individually thousandfold. The speech of the Veda is co-extensive with Brahman. What man of intelligence is there who can comprehend the significance of the Vedas and who is there, who comprehending it, can expound it ?’ (RV 10.114.9)

The Katyayana-sruti says: ‘The highest object of knowledge is Brahman and the highest source of knowledge is the Sruti. Sruti is unoriginated and eternal and even so is Brahman. Independent of Sruti he cannot be known.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Shasarnama
    He has probably read to much nonsense from indologists who claim that the Rigveda is the only authentic source.
    I certainly was not questioning the apurushya nature of Vedas nor was I endorsing his rejection of other Vedas yajur, sama or Arthava, but I am getting bit tired of hearing,this constant harping on about "traditional" don't get me wrong I am all for following the "tradition" but question remains what is tradition or kuala dharma,will depend on what has been handed down from generation to generation.gotra, sakha, parvar, Veda, deva etc will decide ones predilection.

For him if it is Rig why should I get worked up about it. Initially there was but one Veda which was divided in to four by Vyasdeva.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Thread Information