Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Some Personal Thoughts

Re: Running with the Baton

Namaste,

The point being made here is that most of our orators/writers regurgitate what they have read/heard somewhere. Nothing is from personal experience. So, it is all borrowed/stolen material.

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 16 March 2021 at 01:08 AM.

Dear Believer

Let me talk about a Guru’s business model that succeeds without borrowing or stealing any knowledge from any scripture. It is an experience from 2010 - I made some similar but this was the most exciting.

An international Kriya Yoga community travels to India regularly and advertised this ‚pilgrimage‘ through Tamil Nadu on their website, visiting institutions and meeting personalities I could not find as a tourist. I registered and got the message that I have to attend a chargeable weekend class (200 km away) on Kriya Yoga prior to.

On this weekend I learned Kriya Yoga - 14 techniques - under the eyes of Murugan, who was present as a small murti. I further was informed that Kriya Yoga is the fastest path to liberation.

The first techniques were shown and practiced in detail, on Sunday the time was running out, the pace was increased, the last ones only the instructor briefly demonstrated. My head was buzzing, I hadn't internalized anything, but I was prepared for the trip. I was a Kriya Yogi now! With some written materials I travelled home, registered again and was accepted.

Arrived in Tamil Nadu we got the timetable for every day. In the morning meditation and Kriya Yoga – to my astonishment voluntarily. The class was just money making. I never participated, preferred to attend the morning puja in a temple instead.

It came the day when we visited a school and the Indian Guru who maintains this charity project.

We arrived at lunchtime when the children got their food, were allowed to distribute the meals and sit together with them. After that we went through the school, heard about the glory of the Guru, donated and left to meet him.

It was an endless drive to a nature reserve on the border to Kerala. An envelope was passed around to collect donation for the Guru. Meanwhile in a distance something white shimmered in the green. When we came nearer I realized it as a building, finally I had to realize it was the Guru’s villa … built in a nature reserve – no other building miles around. Some dared to ask how this is possible … ,The place is the gift of the Divine, because Guruji is such a great person’ we learned.

After we had arrived and were seated the Guru appeared on the terrace. I was shocked when I faced Jesus … a perfect living copy of the depiction of Jesus (not the hanging on the cross depiction). And he talked about Jesus, about the greatness of Jesus and Christianity. After the speech the envelope with the donation collected in the bus was handed over and he disappeared like an angel, waving down from the upper balcony after some seconds like the Pope in Rome on Christmas and Easter before he left the stage forever.

We were invited to tee and cookies combined with a basket passing around to collect donation. The Guru’s praise of Christianity opened the purses … it was a perfect staged show.

Pranam
    Dance with Shiva - live with Shiva - merge with Shiva

Namaste,

It makes me mad when I hear such stories of foreigners being fleeced but am unable to do anything. Sorry that you were a victim. Bharat is a land of million fake gurus and one has to be very vigilant. My question, have you made any efforts to alert future seekers from being fleeced?

Pranam.

No, Believer I did not and will never do. In my long experience with so called spiritual groups I had to realize that the Guru is a sensitive matter. The head of the (100 % serious) Kriya Yoga organization and venerated Guru of all members introduced this Guru like an extraordinary saint. And if he introduces a saint, I cannot name the saint a fake Guru.

And I have to mention, that it was a great journey, all other personalities we met were real acharyas, living in traditional surroundings, they were not infected by the Christian-Virus.

Besides of Yoga India is blessed with what is called Guru. The Guru mentioned in the ancient scriptures may still exist, but he is definitely not visible to Westerners. And those who come to the West deliver what Westerners are looking for … asanas and techniques … they can learn Kriya Yoga on a weekend, they can learn to wake up Kundalini on a weekend, they get what they deserve - fake.

Meanwhile Gurus and Priests established their own business. Gurus work with the donation model, priests with the fixed price model.

The complete organization team of the pilgrimage was from the West, they decided to visit the villa. The introductory class in Germany was run by the German branch of the organization. This Guru was the only Indian and the last in the chain. And I have to give him credit for being the most creative of all I met so far. Sure, on the way back some pondered how much of the donation will reach the school … but it was not spoken out. Why? See first paragraph.

What was once a noble thought, charity, mutated to a business or, in better words, to a charity industry that works with the same pattern everywhere: Show children, sick or handicapped people - arise compassion - talk about the founders of the aid projects as heros and selfless people - collect money.

Christians see themselves as the embodyment of charity and this Guru beat them with their own weapons. I forgot the details but I would bet, the school was founded by his Christian devotees. He learned the business from them.

In excessive self-overestimation Christians justify all their aid projects in India (and other countries they invade) with ‚India cannot care for his people‘. Indian tour guides kept telling me that the government would like to throw them all out of the country, but doesn’t dare.

In Kerala I was told, that Kerala is the wealthiest and most orderly state in India only because of the Christian influence.

When I was in Dharamsala/Mcleodganj with a German tour operator a fixed sum was collected from every tour memeber for donations at the beginning of the journey. During the trip I did not have the impression that the Tibeteans were poor, especially not those we met and received the donation. The prices were definitely higher than usual in India, the handicrafts were completely overpriced and the price was fixed. The business in Dharamsala/Mcleodganj is sponsorship of a godchild. Pattern as above mentioned, tee and cookies are combined not with a donation basket but with the contract for sponsorhip. That the monks will pray for the godparent after signature was assured.

The ‚Jesus-Guru‘ was only a particle of this industry.

Pranam
    Dance with Shiva - live with Shiva - merge with Shiva

Thread Information