Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Converts and hate

Re: Converts and hate

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffery D. Long View Post

And I was just discussing Soma with someone else earlier today. Methinks the All-Gods are trying to tell me something!
    Namaste,

Doc, what was the nature or what were the contents of the discourse, if you don't mind me asking?

Paijavana

जय विश्वेदेवाः

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    Namaste,

Doc, what was the nature or what were the contents of the discourse, if you don't mind me asking?

Paijavana

जय विश्वेदेवाः
    At the risk of getting off the topic of this thread ("Converts and hate"), it was just a casual discussion with another scholar about the important role that Soma played in the early Vedic period and that seems to have all but vanished by the period of the Upaniṣads (at least the Upaniṣads generally regarded as "middle" and "late"--the middle and end of the first millennium BCE).

It's not a topic I actually look at very frequently, so it was interesting that two different people raised it with me in different settings on the same day.

Sita Ram,

While this rarely significant subject is raised, albeit in a seemingly off-topic manner, I shall not hesitate to present the wise articulations of Sri Vamadeva Shastri:

"Cultivating Soma means cultivating the fuel of devotion, receptivity, love and surrender. It means increasing the power to feel, dissolve, merge and become one with all. We must eventually realize that all things are offerings to the divine light of awareness within us. Then there will be nothing that is not Soma for us."
    http://www.vedanet.com/2012/06/the-flow-of-soma/

Jai Sri Ram!
    Jai Soma!
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna View Post
    Sita Ram,

While this rarely significant subject is raised, albeit in a seemingly off-topic manner, I shall not hesitate to present the wise articulations of Sri Vamadeva Shastri:

"Cultivating Soma means cultivating the fuel of devotion, receptivity, love and surrender. It means increasing the power to feel, dissolve, merge and become one with all. We must eventually realize that all things are offerings to the divine light of awareness within us. Then there will be nothing that is not Soma for us."

Jai Sri Ram!
    Jai Soma!
    Sri Aurobindo says something similar in The Secret of the Veda, where he offers a number of other insights as well into the imagery of the Ṛg Veda.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna View Post
    Sita Ram,

Jai Sri Ram!
    Jai Soma!
    Namaste,

Ah, yes! The non-Shruti approach. How un-authoritative. The Shri All-Gods wail in lamentation for such corruption and blatant alteration by those that do not keep the fire for proper ritual nor sacrificial conduct ....anagnitra-s!

Paijavana

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    Namaste,

Yes, I feel you, brah. My Shrutism isn't well received in Hindu circles either. It is quite unfortunate, in fact.

Burn it! Burn it with fire!

Good civility is good dharma.

Trust me, brah. The Indian mind is so messed up due to British Colonialism, that full out acceptance of Western converts is a rarity. They don't understand that after all the wrongs that the West has conducted (no where near the amount of wrongs the Muslims and Genghis the Tengrist conducted), karma has come around to the Westerners. They don't understand that this karma has come in a beautiful way: many Westerners are now becoming Hindu. Don't worry, my dude...you are good in my book! Jai Shri Ram!

Paijavana
    Namaste.

LOL @ at all the memes used in this convo. I feel at home now.

Yes, I feel you, brah. My Shrutism isn't well received in Hindu circles either. It is quite unfortunate, in fact.
    You and me both....brah.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Namaste.

By the way, said it before, will say again.

Soma is related to the moon.

It is the 'cooling nectar' released by the Bindu Chakra to cool down the heat produced by Kundalini Shakti before it reaches Sahashrara.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    Namaste.

It is the 'cooling nectar' released by the Bindu Chakra to cool down the heat produced by Kundalini Shakti before it reaches Sahashrara.

Aum Namah Shivaya
    Which is why Lord Śiva wears the crescent moon, and is also known as Somnāth.

Maybe we should start a new thread on this?

Namaste.

Aum Namah Shivaya
    Namaste,

Come on, brah. That's not mentioned in the Shri Rig-Veda, brah. That's blasphemy, brah.

Namaste.

LOL @ at all the memes used in this convo. I feel at home now.
    Welcome home, sistah (brahhh)!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffery D. Long View Post
    Maybe we should start a new thread on this?
    Namaste,

No way, homie.

Paijavana

Loving this Vedic banter!

Thread Information