Thread: Inside The Fire

Inside The Fire

*cue Disturbed reference

Namaste.

Why is it that a SWF is considered 'totally clueless' when it comes to Hinduism? Sometimes, you can cut the patronisation with a knife.

"Here's a Mantra for you my dear...Ha-re...Ra-ma...Ha-re...Ra-ma...can you say that? Do you know what that means?"

"Yes. I speak and write Sanskrit and know thousands of Mantras and their meanings. I could teach you a few".

Then it comes...

"Oh I understand you are a Shaiva then, hmm? You really should be worshiping the Shiva Lingam...all Shaivas worship Shiva Lingam..."

"Nah...my 'Shiva Lingam' is in the sacred Yagna fire. It is the oblation to Lord Rudra as described in the Rig Veda. Lord Rudra is the flame...Lord Rudra is the oblation...the 'swaha'.

After that will come a lot of 'you are not Hindu if you don't.....' and

'That is so old and outdated....not recommended in this age of 'Kali Yuga...'

Apparently, they have never heard about 'Agama Shaivism'. Apparently, they are discrediting and totally forgetting that which started the Hindu Religion in the first place....when Lord Rudra assumed the form of Pashupati...

No, dear fellow Hindu....I do not study the Ramayana, Mahabharata and Bhagavad Gita. I have read them from cover to cover many times (in Sanskrit), but really...why should I complicate matters when the Vedas and Upanishads are all I really need? If it's not in there, it's 'nowhere' for me.

*especially the Rig Veda & Chhandogya Upanishad.

Apart from that, I read Patanjali's Yoga Sutras and practice Yoga, Kriya and meditation.

Thus, I am widely discredited, snobbed and rubbished...even by Shaivas.

It is a very lonely path and branch I sit upon.

Sometimes, it feels like the only other 'person' sitting with me is Lord Shiva, Himself. Most of the time, that's all I need.

Some of the time, I just feel sad and lonely.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Re: Inside The Fire

Namaste:

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...880#post101880

My case is rested here.

There is obvious bias here, isn't there?

Aum Namah Shivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    Namaste:

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...880#post101880

My case is rested here.

There is obvious bias here, isn't there?

Aum Namah Shivaya
    So correcting your incoherent babbling amounts to bias?
    namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya|
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
    http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary

Namaste.

No..assuming what I 'know' and what I 'do not' amounts to bias.

So, what did you correct again?

I shall leave this up to the discerning reader to judge the facts here though because they are clearly obvious.

Aum Namah Shivaya.

Namaste.

Besides which, as I stated in my opening post here, the only ones who are aware that I am even a Shaiva is myself and Lord Shiva.

If nobody believes me, I don't really care, because I know Lord Shiva does and I fully believe in myself as well.

People have been 'labeling' me a 'fraud/fake/idiot/insane woman' for years. I am used to it, but I know what I know, even if others do not.

I also know I am not what others say about me, so even if I am in a 'minority of one', I am happy.

Aum Namah Shivaya.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    Namaste.

Besides which, as I stated in my opening post here, the only ones who are aware that I am even a Shaiva is myself and Lord Shiva.

If nobody believes me, I don't really care, because I know Lord Shiva does and I fully believe in myself as well.

People have been 'labeling' me a 'fraud/fake/idiot/insane woman' for years. I am used to it, but I know what I know, even if others do not.

I also know I am not what others say about me, so even if I am in a 'minority of one', I am happy.

Aum Namah Shivaya.
    You cannot be a Shaiva if you think Shiva is not Brahman. There is simply no way around it.
    namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya|
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
    http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary

Quote Originally Posted by Omkara View Post
    You cannot be a Shaiva if you think Shiva is not Brahman. There is simply no way around it.
    Namaste.

How many times do I need to repeat myself here?

Rudra/Sadashiva/Mahadeva = The formless, non-attribute Brahman which can only be realised through intense meditation and sadhana. It is totally experiential and beyond the five senses.

Bholenath/Asutosha/Chandrashekhara/Nilakantha = Lord Shiva with a form...blue throated, moon crested, matted locks, sitting on lion/bear skin etc. It is in the pictures..the Lila...that which can be comprehended through the senses.

'Lord Shiva' is just a name anyway.

I am also a follower of Adi Shankaracharya and I still believe that Brahman has no form anyway, as per Nirvanashtakam.

I am comfortable with my own beliefs, even if others deem them all untrue.

Like others said, there are at least 6 treatises on Sruti anyway and who is to say who is right or wrong?

Aum Namah Shivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Omkara View Post
    Namaste.

Also, if it makes you happy, then no, I am not a Shaiva (see my signature please).

You can also believe what you want about me. It makes no difference to the truth, does it?

Aum Namah Shivaya

Thread Information