Thread: Diksha/Deeksha

Diksha/Deeksha

How important are dikshas when one is trying to learn saiva religion?do you think daily rituals performed after getting diksha would be a hindrance to social/professional life?

Re: Diksha/Deeksha

Quote Originally Posted by ahab View Post
    How important are dikshas when one is trying to learn saiva religion?do you think daily rituals performed after getting diksha would be a hindrance to social/professional life?
    Vannakkam: I think it depends on a lot of things. How long are the daily rituals? If you have to do 3-4 hours of puja/japa/meditation, then yes, I can see it affecting your career ... negatively.

But an hour, it might refresh and invigorate you to the point that you're more productive. If it gives you clarity of thought, then yes. That would be ideal.

Social life? That one realy varies from individual to individual. Some people (like me) have little or no social life by choice. I just don't enjoy it. But if you're into a habit of partying with friends every weekend for 6 hours at a time, I can see a conflict with daily sadhanas. I guess at that point you'd have to decide on priorities.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information