Thread: A lovely feeling

A lovely feeling

hi guys,
    After long time i m here. Between this
    whole time , i m trying something and analysed one thing that 'shiva is a feeling'. If u r a devotee of shiva(its not that i m regretting others), u will feel him everywhere. Love,fear,happiness,craziness etc. are the feelings and as a human being you will feel all of the above.
    I love shiva, b'coz i love myself. I m happy b'coz i loved by him. I don't want to be detached by him because of fears. Some times my mind want to dance like a crazy for no one.
    And as they say shiva is the one but still no one. He cant be created b'coz he is shapeless.

It is my ignorance that i tried to ignore everybody but shiva can't be ignored because he is feeling.
    Sambasadashivaya Namah

Re: A lovely feeling

Aum Swastiastu

If I even tried to describe it, words would fail me every time.

Brief and fleeting it is, like the wind that catches you unexpectedly. Like a shadow you glimpse for a brief second, then it is gone.

One second is like a lifetime though, so I don't mind that too much.

'Staying in it' is difficult though, when you gotta live, eat...and type on the internet.

Anyway, Lord Shiva is a 'feeling' indeed...and even 'more than a feeling' (totally ignores Boston Song now playing in my head).

We can call it all those things you described...and more...

Or we can just forget about how Lord Shiva makes us 'feel'...close our eyes and keep on chanting...

Aum Namah Shivaya

Namaste.

Before I retire for the evening (and possibly for a week or two for Sadhana), I have thoughts that can only be posted here, in this thread.

I was just reading all of the Shiva vs Vishnu debates and I have to say, I am pretty much 'over it'.

There was once a time I would have 'defended' Lord Shiva to the ends of the earth...would get annoyed if a Vaishnava told me I was worshiping a demigod/devil and relegated Lord Shiva to being a devotee of Lord Vishnu...

How much ego?

Now, I don't care who is the 'authority' on the subject...whose teachings/writings/sruti says what...what the Bhagavatam says...what the Puranas all say.

All I know is that I love (and am loved by) Lord Shiva. Shiva is everything to me and if He is not the 'ultimate Lord' so be it. I fully believe He is and that's all that matters.

Only time will tell who is right or wrong...like I say, if I have to suffer a hundred births for knowing and loving Lord Shiva in this one, it has all been worth it.

The feeling is just too strong...so intense...its unavoidable and unmistakable.

I'd like to get all 'philosophical' too sometimes, but I can't...methinks that's a good thing!

Aum Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by Necromancer; 11 May 2013 at 10:37 AM.

hi necromancer,
    Those who don't understand feelings will never understand who shiva/vishnu is. Both are same. We start comparing and then there is an endless debate which follows to groups.
    Sambasadashivaya Namah

Namaste

You have got the essence of "shiva".
    Keep persisting and that is Supreme Devotion.

Aum Sivaaya
    Ra K Sankar

Namaste.

Sometimes I wish I could tell you of these tears, like a dam about to burst, but I must keep it all inside me.

I wish I could tell you of a love that surpasses anything I have ever felt before, but that would be sheer folly.

I could tell you of a joy that eclipses my soul, yet always leaves me yearning when what I feel is more than enough...yet it never truly is.

I could tell you about the closest and dearest friend I have in my life. If I were to die for anybody, that would be Him, but you cannot see Him...heck, even I can't see Him, but He always lets me know He's around.

Yes, I want Him to kill me, so the last thing I see would be gazing into the infinite abyss of His eyes.

I want Him to take me and make me His plaything, yet the thought of merging with Him is more than I can stand.

I could tell you that I love Lord Shiva, but that would never be enough nor even come close to it.

Lovely feeling.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Namaste

I am in Vancouver BC, Canada, staying with relatives in Surrey for the last 2 weeks. I visited several Hindu temples, and even one Gurdwara (there are a lot of Sikhs here).

The last week I have been very close to both Shiva and Hanuman just being about in nature, rivers, and so on of Vancouver and Surrey.

For example, I was on Grouse Mountain, very high up, and suddenly I could feel the very, very real presence of Lord Vayu, the Wind, and in my mind a voice said as if Vayu speaking "I have no country, no borders, I am everywhere, my Son is Hanuman Who is Lord Shiva. We cross everything, and everywhere. Where We go, is where We want. Birds are carried in Us"...

Sort of sentimental, but I was very happy and seeing Vayu, Shiva and Hanuman. Of course the beauty of the nice surroundings here in Canada add to the element.

Om Namah Sivaya

Shiva

To scream it from the rooftops,
    Yet I cannot even whisper.
    The heart, struck dumb with Joy.
    Your lips, Your breath...softly chanting Your Name.

To speak of Love, an understatement,
    Yet it's all that really matters,
    The mind, knows there is nothing more.
    What more can I give to the One who is everything?

I am not worthy! I am not ready!
    Were You always holding this part back?
    Or was my heart blind too?
    Your breath, Your breeze....gently tousles Your hair.

You will make me ready.

To drown in an ocean of silence,
    Mind-muffled desireless screams.
    If this is not All, then what remains?
    What more can I take from the One who is limitless?

I can only say 'I love You, Shiva' and know You understand.

-Necromancer

Aum Namah Shivaya

Namaste.

Today, I had to go over to my father's place to organize a holiday I shall be taking with him and his friend to the outback of Australia.

While we were discussing accommodation and tourist places, a song came on the radio in another room - a bedroom of his house.

It was 'My Sweet Lord' by George Harrison - an old favourite of mine - which I can hardly wait until the end of it so I can sing 'Gurur Brahma, Gurur Vishnur, Gurur Devo - Maheshwara, Gurur Sakshaat, Para Brahman Tasmai Shri Guruve Namah'.

Yeah, so in the middle of discussing the trip, I break out in Mantra chanting. lol

He's like - 'wow, you still remember all that? Your face and eyes totally light up when you are singing that song...you look really pretty lately, have you been doing something to your skin?'

It's so nice that other people are starting to notice it....my love for Lord Shiva.

Of course Lord Shiva is saying; 'there ya go, some decent music for a change - much better than the Heavy Metal trash you were listening to on the way over...lol

Aum Namah Shivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    Shiva

To scream it from the rooftops,
    Tell me about it. There was a point in time when <someone> felt exactly the same -
    wanted to shout from the rooftops "KRshNA S S S I LOVE YOU"

Nice poem.

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ~
    Last edited by smaranam; 09 September 2013 at 03:30 AM. Reason: SHOUT, NOT SCREAM. Makes a whole lotof difference
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thread Information