Thread: Vegan Travel Belt

Vegan Travel Belt

Namaste

I know I am not supposed to be egotistical, but actually I am sort of fashionable, not so much with shirts for example, but I am so regarding shoes, belts, hats, wallets, scarfs and such. I guess that is what you would call “accessories”. For example, I always like to have a watch on my wrist, and frankly I like nice watches and not cheap-o ones. Not so much the price is important as the “look”.

So, in regards to belts, I like a nice snappy, professional look. For vegan belts, I think the best in convenience and look is what is termed “travel belts”. The Islamic terrorists have brought a lot of problems to society, such as the need for increased security at airports. But with the need to take off shoes, belts, watches, wallets and so on, due to metal that would set off the metal detector, there is one upside to all of this – there are now wonderful choices in vegan belts available from outlets such as REI (e.g. in the US).

I like action and adventure, and REI is an outdoors supply store, ski and hiking, camping supplies, outdoor clothing and such. They also have my favorite belt to wear, the “Croakies Scales Artisan Belt”. It is totally vegan with material and the buckle is plastic. Here is a picture:

http://www.rei.com/product/822491/croakies-scales-artisan-belt

This belt in the store comes in several colors, but solid black with no pattern is my favorite, or green.

They also have a “travel belt” that has a zipper inside the back which you can hide paper money in, that is a different belt called the Bison Designs T-Lock:

http://www.rei.com/product/838204/bi...ock-money-belt

However, these type of belts typically only come in one size, which is over sized (long). What I do is put on the belt to my satisfaction with the buckle locked, and then you hold and pinch the spot where it extends out past the buckle – I then take off the belt and cut off the excess just a hair shorter.

Perfect! Now any extension is hidden behind the buckle. Or sometimes I have it extended just a bit, but I fold back the extension into the buckle and then lock it! Bingo! Ready to go.

Om Namah Sivaya

2. Re: Vegan Travel Belt

Nice information but do you really think we need to show this up that i am vegetarian?

I am staying in Gujarat - India and i hardly find someone which is non-vegetarian. There is nothing new to be vegetarian here
    Interview with Yoga and Veda Experts around the world at Yoga Blog

Re: Vegan Travel Belt

Namaste Yogacurious.

Yes, where you live in India most are vegetarian. Howeved in America, among Hindus, there is a habit of wearing belts made from Mother Cow.

I have noticed this even on fellow employees who are Indian and Hindu, they wear leather belt. So they tell others they are vegetarian, but they wear a leather belt.

Luckily, non-leather belts are becoming popular and available in stores in the US.

REI store is an example.

These belts are very nice, actually, better than leather and handsome.

So really my audience for this post is Western Hindus and not Indians living in India.

Om Namah Sivaya

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post

Luckily, non-leather belts are becoming popular and available in stores in the US.
    Vannakkam: In the markets of Mauritius, I found the denim ones, made in China, for about $1.50 US. Being thecheap consumer I am, I had to grab a couple, for future use. The last one I bought here was nearly 20 bucks.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by yogacurious View Post
    Nice information but do you really think we need to show this up that i am vegetarian?

I am staying in Gujarat - India and i hardly find someone which is non-vegetarian. There is nothing new to be vegetarian here
    People do things to feel better, to look better or to improve their spiritual state of mind. This being a Hindu forum, if people want to discuss various ways in which they can increase their sadhana, they are free to do so. I am not sure why you are taking offense to that.

There are many, many Hindu natives in this forum, who know everything about the whole of India, including the great state of Gujrat. If people in your social or family circle are all non-vegetarian, that is fine with us. No one is judging them or putting them down. Conversely, people who want to take the path of strict vegetarianism should not be looked down upon by you either. They are not judging you, why would you feel obligated to judge them?

Pranam.

Thread Information