Thread: 12 Types of GURU

12 Types of GURU

Naam-Chintamani describes twelve types of Gurus.

See this site http://www.rishiprasad.org/types_of_gurus.php if there is interest.
    Last edited by yajvan; 29 April 2013 at 02:28 PM. Reason: cut and paste with no discussion: posted URL instead
    तद्विद्धि प्रणिपातेन परिप्रश्नेन सेवया ।
    उपदेक्ष्यन्ति ते ज्ञानं ज्ञानिनस्तत्वदर्शिनः ॥

उस ज्ञान को तू तत्वदर्शी ज्ञानियों के पास जाकर समझ, उनको भलीभाँति दण्डवत्* प्रणाम करने से, उनकी सेवा करने से और कपट छोड़कर सरलतापूर्वक प्रश्न करने से वे परमात्म तत्व को भलीभाँति जानने वाले ज्ञानी महात्मा तुझे उस तत्वज्ञान का उपदेश करेंगे. श्रीमद्*भगवद्*गीता-4.34

Re: 12 Types of GURU

namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by dhyandev View Post
    Naam-Chintamani describes twelve types of Gurus.

See this site http://www.rishiprasad.org/types_of_gurus.php if there is interest.
    And, your point is? Should there be 14 types of Gurus or 20 or no gurus at all or ?
    satay

well my point is there are these following 12 types of gurus as described in naam chintamani.

people shud know the various types of Guru's that exist.
    It is time that HDFers shoud move on from who is greater shiva or vishnu discussions.

And you showed your adminpana didn't you.
    Well , who are u to do decide if there is any interest or not.Should have let the post as it is cause i have not broken any of ur rules

उस ज्ञान को तू तत्वदर्शी ज्ञानियों के पास जाकर समझ, उनको भलीभाँति दण्डवत्* प्रणाम करने से, उनकी सेवा करने से और कपट छोड़कर सरलतापूर्वक प्रश्न करने से वे परमात्म तत्व को भलीभाँति जानने वाले ज्ञानी महात्मा तुझे उस तत्वज्ञान का उपदेश करेंगे. श्रीमद्*भगवद्*गीता-4.34

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

well my point is there are these following 12 types of gurus as described in naam chintamani.

people shud know the various types of Guru's that exist.
    It is time that HDFers shoud move on from who is greater shiva or vishnu discussions.

And you showed your admin pana didn't you.
    Well , who are u to do decide if there is any interest or not.Should have let the post as it is cause i have not broken any of ur rules
    You are perhaps missing the point... mere cut-and-paste from another's site is not a value-add here on HDF. If you care to review, discuss, provide additional insights and create a commentary, a discussion on the 12 types, that is considered worthy of discussion i.e. value add. Cut and paste is not how HDF wishes to expand upon knowledge. That is the orientation we are trying to tell our posters.

If this foreign to you , or uncomfortable - then perhaps HDF is not the right fit for your needs, or your expectations.

iti śiva

यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Dear moderator
    It is not in my capacity to write long write ups & whatever knowledge which I have is due to the grace of my Guru.
    Now you people said that post source whenever posting,otherwise.So thats what I did.I could have not posted the source as simple as that.

Well,Everything need not require a comment from the poster as it is obvious that the poster agrees & is thus wanting the information.

Regarding what is foreign or indigenous ,first make a forum/sub forum dedicated to the GURU.For Sanatan Dharma cannot exist without the Guru-Shishya tradition.
    guru bin bhavnidhi tarahi naa koyi

chaahe biranchi shankar sam hoii

Nobody is able to cross the endless worldly ocean of life without the assistance of a True Guru even if he has acquired the potential to create like Brahma to sustain like Vishnu or to destroy like Shankar, the entire universe; his salvation and redemption truly lies only by the divine guidance from a True Guru

and here we have have everything except a dedicated forum for guru.
    With every breath ,the life is reducing .If not now then when? for some many births we have been going through the female body,some time six legged,sometime 4 legged & now if it is a human birth it is a rarity that man gets a interest towards God & takes a step forward.
    And here what we see -the admin together with moderators are upto there own games.I wonder if I was a foreigner and writing things like--
    HI,i got interested in Shiva i think he is greater than vishnu. OR will Vishnu punish me for not worshipping Shiva etc etc.
    I would have got more acceptance & not got replies like
    then perhaps HDF is not the right fit for your needs, or your expectations.
    न मुक्तास्तु गन्धर्वः पितृयक्षास्तु चारणाः |
    ॠष्यः सिद्धदेवाद्याः गुरुसेवापराड्मुखाः ||

Those who are averse to the service of the Guru cannot be expected to be liberated from the cycle of Samsara (birth and death), may be they are Gandharvas, Pitris, Yakshas, Rishis, Siddhas or Devas.

Namaste Dhyandev,

Actually your last post is a good one and this is what Yajvan and I have been trying to tell you. There is no point in pasting large texts from elsewhere and dumping it here on HDF without providing your own comments/concerns/views etc. on it.

Dumping such stuff on HDF is against the rules. Read Rules/FAQ by clicking the link on the top toolbar.

Also, if you are too busy to write your own words that's a cue that you should not post at all since you have nothing to say at all. Don't use HDF for dumping cut and paste material. Just post a link to the other site that you find interesting.

Regarding your direct comment to me about showing adminpana, what do you expect from an admin? If admin is not going to show adminpana then who?

Read the rules again and if you have any questions please pm me, if not, don't waste everyone's time. There are several hundred forums on the Internet that will accept you cut and paste dumps. Please feel free to post there.

Thanks for your consideration and cooperation.

Dear moderator
    It is not in my capacity to write long write ups & whatever knowledge which I have is due to the grace of my Guru.
    satay

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

And you showed your adminpana didn't you.
    This pana can be viewed a few ways:
    • paṇa = play; gaming , playing for a stake ; a compact stipulation ; It can also mean 'business'
    • pāna = observing; it also can mean protection , defense
    • pāṇa = a stake at play

In all 3 cases, satay acting as admin of HDF, are implied in the duty of this position.

iti śivaṁ
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information