Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 'caste' discrimination is part of equality bill in UK

Re: 'caste' discrimination is part of equality bill in UK

One becomes a warrior (Rajnya), Brahman (educated ones) or rishi, not by birth but by his efforts/training (karma) vide RV (X.125.5). No one is superior and no one is inferior by birth.
    Once again, more deception from the Neo-Hindu group.

Here is Rg Veda 10.125.5:

ahameva svayamidaṃ vadāmi juṣṭaṃ devebhirutamānuṣebhiḥ |
    yaṃ kāmaye taṃ-tamughraṃ kṛṇomi tambrahmāṇaṃ taṃ ṛṣiṃ taṃ sumedhām ||

"I, verily, myself announce and utter the word that Gods and men alike shall welcome. I make the man I love exceeding mighty, make him a sage, a Ṛṣi, and a Brahman." http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/rigveda/rv10125.htm

Dogra, don't you feel it's important to tell the truth? Why do you so brazenly lie about what our scriptures say? Is it just that you find that the ends justify the means?
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by dogra View Post
    Hindu council UK report on caste:
    http://www.hinducounciluk.org/report...e-caste-system

Time and again non hindu elements will not succeed in their poor attempts to convince Hindu people that they follow hereditary policies, understand Vedas are clear.

(X.191.2): “Meet together, talk together, let your minds apprehend alike: in like manner as the ancient gods concurring accepted their portion of the sacrifice.” RV (X.191.3) “Common be the prayer of these (assembled worshippers), common be the acquirement, common the purpose, associated be the desire. I repeat for you a common prayer, I offer for you a common oblation.” RV (X.191.4) “Common (worshippers), be your intention; common be (the wishes of) your heart; common be your thoughts, so that there may be thorough union among you.”
    where is reconciliation where , only to humanity is there reconciliation and why , as that is the fact!
    What does any of the above have to do with following or not following of hereditary class system? People of all varNas did go to the same yagnas - that is a fact. It does not imply that they did not inherit their varNa status.

Here is a non-Agniveer.com translation of the above mantras:

1. THOU, mighty Agni, gatherest up all that is precious for thy friend.
    Bring us all treasures as thou art enkindled in libation's place
    2 Assemble, speak together: let your minds be all of one accord,
    As ancient Gods unanimous sit down to their appointed share.
    3 The place is common, common the assembly, common the mind, so be their thought united.
    A common purpose do I lay before you, and worship with your general oblation.
    4 One and the same be your resolve, and be your minds of one accord.
    United be the thoughts of all that all may happily agree.

I fail to see what any of the above has to do with refuting hereditary varNAshrama.

Here is the sanskrit-mULa for those who take issue with the translation:

saṃ-samid yuvase vṛṣannaghne viśvānyarya ā |
    iḷas padesamidhyase sa no vasūnyā bhara ||
    saṃ ghachadhvaṃ saṃ vadadhvaṃ saṃ vo manāṃsi jānatām |
    devā bhāghaṃ yathā pūrve saṃjānānā upāsate ||
    samāno mantraḥ samitiḥ samānī samānaṃ manaḥ saha cittameṣām |
    samānaṃ mantramabhi maṇtraye vaḥ samānena vohaviṣā juhomi ||
    samānī va ākūtiḥ samānā hṛdayāni vaḥ |
    samānamastu vomano yathā vaḥ susahāsati ||
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Namaste Philosoraptor

Lunch break and work, and I read the good news:

""I, verily, myself announce and utter the word that Gods and men alike shall welcome. I make the man I love exceeding mighty, make him a sage, a Ṛṣi, and a Brahman.""

The Divine makes everything. I am sure glad the Diviine can make me a Rishi immediately! And yes, one who comes to know the Brahman, by the grace of Guru and the Divine, can be a knower of the Brahman or a Brahman.

Thanks!

Om Namah Sivaya

Quote Originally Posted by philosoraptor View Post
    Here we go again with the crass, religious revisionism. Once again, telling the truth is not important when you have an ideology to support.

Vyaasa: Was NOT, I repeat, NOT, the son of a "low-caste woman." Satyavati was the daughter of Upachari Vasu, a kshatriya, whose seminal discharge found its way into a fish.

Aitareya, Paraashara, Vasishtha: I'm calling your bluff. Where is the scriptural evidence stating this? Please quote specifics.

Vidura: Was not a brahmin sage. Again, where is your evidence claiming that he was a brahmin? Merely saying that he was highly respected is not the same thing as saying he was a brahmin.

Kauravas and Pandavas: Again, the website you are quoting from is wrong. Satyavati was not of shudra caste.

Thiruvalluvar, Kabir das, etc: Were historical persons, and as such their caste status cannot be substantiated by scripture.

This is what happens when you use Google pramaana to learn about Hinduism.
    oh dear so these websites are all lying, whatever makes you happy,yes, dear me face the facts of the beautiful faith of sanatan dharma.
    Last edited by dogra; 23 May 2013 at 07:08 AM.

Once again, more deception from the Neo-Hindu group.

Here is Rg Veda 10.125.5:

ahameva svayamidaṃ vadāmi juṣṭaṃ devebhirutamānuṣebhiḥ |
    yaṃ kāmaye taṃ-tamughraṃ kṛṇomi tambrahmāṇaṃ taṃ ṛṣiṃ taṃ sumedhām ||

"I, verily, myself announce and utter the word that Gods and men alike shall welcome. I make the man I love exceeding mighty, make him a sage, a Ṛṣi, and a Brahman." http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/rigveda/rv10125.htm

Dogra, don't you feel it's important to tell the truth? Why do you so brazenly lie about what our scriptures say? Is it just that you find that the ends justify the means?
    Oh dear, brazenly lie, what a load of personal nonsense, and the fact that you look to griffith translation reveals your total pathetic attempts to tell us Hindu faith that we believe in hereditary and yet cannot find the verses in Vedas that explicitly state this, cmon show clear verse where it states we believe in hereditary, cmon, bbc could not, so cmon if there was hereditary it would be clearly stated as 1+1=2, clearly stated , but it isnt and why because there is no hereditary caste nonsense.
    We the AHO- Alliance of Hindu organisations reject this scurillous claims that Hinduism supports hereditary caste, word 'caste' is from a portugese word-casta, so how can this be in scriptures, beggars belief!

What does any of the above have to do with following or not following of hereditary class system? People of all varNas did go to the same yagnas - that is a fact. It does not imply that they did not inherit their varNa status.

Here is a non-Agniveer.com translation of the above mantras:

1. THOU, mighty Agni, gatherest up all that is precious for thy friend.
    Bring us all treasures as thou art enkindled in libation's place
    2 Assemble, speak together: let your minds be all of one accord,
    As ancient Gods unanimous sit down to their appointed share.
    3 The place is common, common the assembly, common the mind, so be their thought united.
    A common purpose do I lay before you, and worship with your general oblation.
    4 One and the same be your resolve, and be your minds of one accord.
    United be the thoughts of all that all may happily agree.

I fail to see what any of the above has to do with refuting hereditary varNAshrama.

Here is the sanskrit-mULa for those who take issue with the translation:

saṃ-samid yuvase vṛṣannaghne viśvānyarya ā |
    iḷas padesamidhyase sa no vasūnyā bhara ||
    saṃ ghachadhvaṃ saṃ vadadhvaṃ saṃ vo manāṃsi jānatām |
    devā bhāghaṃ yathā pūrve saṃjānānā upāsate ||
    samāno mantraḥ samitiḥ samānī samānaṃ manaḥ saha cittameṣām |
    samānaṃ mantramabhi maṇtraye vaḥ samānena vohaviṣā juhomi ||
    samānī va ākūtiḥ samānā hṛdayāni vaḥ |
    samānamastu vomano yathā vaḥ susahāsati ||
    Haha that was not even agniveer , dear me looks like your terrifed by agniveer, so be it they are doing a great job in stating the facts of sanatan dharma.
    Now what has this got to do with hereditary, you cant see the clear humanity in those verses that reconcile back to clear freedom, dignity, humanity....

Let go of your finger nails of the cliff, and see the clear humanity in sanatan dharma

Baba Ramdev:
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/baba-...50349615575037
    Many examples exist of change of Varnas in Vedic history.

a. Aitareya Rishi was son of a Daasa or criminal but became a Brahmin of highest order and wrote Aitareya Brahman and Aitareyopanishad. Aitareya Brahman is considered critical to understand Rigveda.

b. Ailush Rishi was son of a Daasi, gambler and of low character. However he researched on Rigveda and made several discoveries. Not only was he invited by Rishis but also made an Acharya. (Aitareya Brahman 2.19)

c. Satyakaam Jaabaal was son of a prostitute but became a Brahmin.

d. Prishadh was son of King Daksha but became a Shudra. Further he did Tapasya to achieve salvation after repenting.
    (Vishnu Puran 4.1.14)

Had Tapasya been banned for Shudra as per the fake story from Uttar Ramayan, how could Prishadh do so?

e. Nabhag, soon of King Nedishtha became Vaishya. Many of his sons again became Kshatriya. (Vishnu Puran 4.1.13)

f. Dhrist was son of Nabhag (Vaishya) but became Brahmin and his son became Kshatriya (VP 4.2.2)

g. Further in his generation, some became Brahmin again (VP 9.2.23)

h. As per Bhagvat, Agniveshya became Brahmin though born to a king.

i. Rathotar born in Kshatriya family became a Brahmin as per Vishnu Puran and Bhagvat.

j. Haarit became Brahmin though born to Kshatriya (VP 4.3.5)

k. Shaunak became Brahmin though born in Kshatriya family. (VP 4.8.1). In fact, as per Vayu Puran, Vishnu Puran and
    Harivansh Puran, sons of Shaunak Rishi belonged to all four Varnas.

Similar examples exist of Gritsamad, Veethavya and Vritsamati.

l. Matanga was son of Chandal but became a Brahmin.

m. Raavan was born from Pulatsya Rishi but became a Rakshas.

n. Pravriddha was son of Raghu King but became a Rakshas.

o. Trishanku was a king but became a Chandal

p. Sons of Vishwamitra became Shudra. Vishwamitra himself was a Kshatriya who later became a Brahmin.

q. Vidur was son of a servant but became a Brahmin and minister of Hastinapur empire

http://www.hitxp.com/articles/histor...stem-hinduism/
    Bhagavata clearly says in 7.11.35 that
    yasya yal laks?an?am? proktam?
    um?so varn??bhivya�jakam
    ad anyatr?pi dr??yeta
    at tenaiva vinirdi?et
    which means “Just because one is born to a brahmin doesnt automatically make him a brahmin. But he has more chances of becoming a brahmin (since his parents can transfer the knowledge and duties to him). But he MUST get all those qualifications of brahmin to become a brahmin. On the other hand if a person born to a non-brahmin possesses all the qualities of a brahmin, he/she should be immediately accepted as a brahmin.”

*rolls his eyes*
    Philosoraptor

Quote Originally Posted by dogra View Post
    Oh dear, brazenly lie, what a load of personal nonsense, and the fact that you look to griffith translation reveals
    ... the fact that it's easily available on the web, and nothing more.

In any case, I provided the Sanskrit, in case you take issue with the translation.
    Philosoraptor

Thread Information