Thread: Missing Time of Birth

Missing Time of Birth

Namaste,

What does one do to construct a birth chart when you do not know the exact time of birth? i would like one for my father but all we know is he was born "in the morning". His parents don't remember and it is not written on his birth certificate.....

Om Gam Ganapataye Namah

Re: Missing Time of Birth

Quote Originally Posted by catnip View Post
    Namaste,

What does one do to construct a birth chart when you do not know the exact time of birth? i would like one for my father but all we know is he was born "in the morning". His parents don't remember and it is not written on his birth certificate.....

Om Gam Ganapataye Namah
    Vaṇakkam,

You could give an astrologer a list of major events in your father's life (marriage, initiation, etc.) and have him/her figure out a likely birth-time; or if you have the birth-time of family members, you could look for possible inter-connections with the family members' charts and your father's chart; or you could simply read the chart with the moon as the ascendant.
    "Everybody wants to see God but nobody wants to do any sadhana." -- Swami Sivananda
    "You can advance only through karma yoga; by karma yoga you may benefit others also....Only hard work can make a person powerful and energetic." -- Haidakhan Babaji
    "Do everything you do as Śivathondu." -- Yogaswami

Quote Originally Posted by Jetavan View Post
    Vaṇakkam,

You could give an astrologer a list of major events in your father's life (marriage, initiation, etc.) and have him/her figure out a likely birth-time; or if you have the birth-time of family members, you could look for possible inter-connections with the family members' charts and your father's chart; or you could simply read the chart with the moon as the ascendant.
    Namaste,
    how does one use the moon as the ascendant? i am very new to this....

Om Gam Ganapataye Namah

Namaste,
    how does one use the moon as the ascendant? i am very new to this....

Om Gam Ganapataye Namah
    Vaṇakkam,

If your father's moon is in, say, Pisces, then Pisces becomes his first house, Aries his second house, and so forth.

The moon would then be in the first house. If his sun is in Aries, then his sun would be in the second house; if his sun is in Cancer, then his sun would be in the fifth house. And so on with the other planets.
    "Everybody wants to see God but nobody wants to do any sadhana." -- Swami Sivananda
    "You can advance only through karma yoga; by karma yoga you may benefit others also....Only hard work can make a person powerful and energetic." -- Haidakhan Babaji

Quote Originally Posted by Jetavan View Post
    Vaṇakkam,

If your father's moon is in, say, Pisces, then Pisces becomes his first house, Aries his second house, and so forth.

The moon would then be in the first house. If his sun is in Aries, then his sun would be in the second house; if his sun is in Cancer, then his sun would be in the fifth house. And so on with the other planets.
    how do i know where my father's moon is without the time... does the moon go by the day? (i've been using online chart generators)

how do i know where my father's moon is without the time... does the moon go by the day? (i've been using online chart generators)
    Since your father was born sometime in the morning, then you could make a chart for, say, 5 am, and a chart for 11 am. If both times give a moon that is in the same sign, then that is probably the sign the moon was in at the time your father's birth. The moon only moves about 3 degrees from 5 am to 10 am.

If each time gives a moon in a different sign (sign 1 and sign 2), then one possible way to find out which might be the correct time, is to see if one or more family members (like your mother) have any planets that conjunct or make other strong aspects with the moon in sign 1 or the moon in sign 2.

For instance, let's say the father's chart for 5 am gives a moon at 28 degrees Aquarius, and the father's chart for 11 am gives a moon at 1 degree Pisces. If, say, the mother's sun (or other planet) is at 27 degrees Aquarius (and no other family member has any planet in Pisces), then that would point to the father being born around 5 am, rather than 11 am.

Thread Information