Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Disparaging

Re: Disparaging

Pranam

This is not a Vishnu vs Shiva debate. Far from it. ----.

Hmm, DISPARAGING ANYONE?

now that we have established Vishnu supremacy we realise this is not about shiva v Vishnu, how exciting for me i thought i might get some answers for which i made his thread, alas! it is not to be.

Well let me try one more question, simple yes or no would do.
    How about shruti vakya Eakum Sad Vipra or Yagnavalkiya explaining 33 Devas or Sidhar swami in his commentary on Prajapati prayers to Lord Shiva in Bhagvatam write; those who see the difference between the two are simply engaged in useless discourse. or better still Atri Rishis experience in seeing all three at once when he prayed for a son equaled to supreme Brahman or Tulsidas Goswami are they' NEO' a simple yes or no will do because you have gauged me neo and sectarian based on this standard, i do not advocate anything else nor do i ask you to accept this position.

actually leave every thing aside, is Tulsidas in your estimation NEO ?

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Re: Disparaging

I always believed whatever Lord Shiva is capable of, Sri Vishnu is capable of the same and vice versa.

However Lord Shiva is said to be an angry Lord. With his 3rd eye, he burnt down Manmatha and he also plucked out the 5th head of Brahma. He is also said to do his 'Rudra thaandavam' or cosmic dance that will destroy the entire universe. Therefore he must be a god of great authority if he can do the same. Thus I took him to be regarded to 'elder' to Sri Vishnu (though I do not have any scripture to give me reasons for the same) and thus in my naivedyam, I do first offering to Lord Shiva (Nataraja), although I am Vaishnava and pray to Sri Rama, Lord Anjaneya and Sri Lakshmi Narasimha.

I do believe 100% that in instances where Shiva or Vishnu seemed inferior to the other and let the other tame him or save him, it is indeed done in 'prema bhava' (as member Sahasranama would quote), much alike the leelas performed by Sri Krishna. I also believe that Shiva is a devotee of Sri Vishnu and Vishnu is also a devotee of Lord Shiva.

My role models are Tulsidas and another devotee I look up to is Sant Naraharisonar. To Sant Naraharisonar, Sri Krishna (Panduranga) himself gives darshan as Lord Shiva to stress the fact he is the same as Shiva.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Thread Information