Thread: Any Vishishtadvaita Gurus?

Any Vishishtadvaita Gurus?

I live in NYC, I am very much fond of this philosophy and would love some more in-depth learning on it. Face-to-Face Teaching preferably. I am very much interested..

Is there any Vishitadvaita gurus in NYC or anywhere in the east coast? Would I find one in a Hindu Temple? Where exactly can I find a Guru under this school of hinduism in my part of the world?

Thank you in advance
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice. ~Joseph Dunninger

Re: Any Vishishtadvaita Gurus?

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Seeker View Post
    I live in NYC, I am very much fond of this philosophy and would love some more in-depth learning on it. Face-to-Face Teaching preferably. I am very much interested..

Is there any Vishitadvaita gurus in NYC or anywhere in the east coast? Would I find one in a Hindu Temple? Where exactly can I find a Guru under this school of hinduism in my part of the world?

Thank you in advance
    Pranams,

Your best bet might be to make contact with one of the local Sri Vaishnava organizations in your area. Usually these groups, once they acquire a certain critical mass, will start inviting speakers from India, at which point you will have the guru exposure you see. Two SV organizations that I know of are NAMA and JET, the former being mostly for Iyengar vadakalai SV's while the latter is mostly Telugu Tenkalai Sri Vaishnavism under the direction of H.H. Chinna Jeeyar Swami.

There is a Sri Vaishnava pundit who comes to USA and gives discourses every few years - his name is U.V. Velukkudi Krishnan Swami. I don't know if he is accepting disciples, but I have found his discourses very enlightening and strictly based on shAstra according to the system of interpretation of rAmAnuja and the Alvars.

If you live in NYC, then you must know some Sri Vaishnavas in the New Jersey and Pomona, NY areas. New Jersey has a large Venkateshwara temple, and Pomona, NY has a Ranganath temple. I know for a fact that the latter was definitely established according to Sri Vaishnava traditions.

Best of wishes in your search.
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Thread Information