Thread: Shrimad BhAgvat says... points to ponder about the Supreme Lord and His Creation

Threaded View

Re: Shrimad BhAgvat says... points to ponder about the Supreme Lord and His Creation

Quote Originally Posted by hinduism♥krishna View Post
    Pranam, smaranam.

I think the word " enjoys " is very appropriate. Because there are many verses in bhagavat purana where it says that ishwara acts as a jiva in bodies of living entities.

One of them is:

Bhutairmahadbhirya emaha puro vibhurnirmaya shete yadamushu purushah ।
    Bhunkte gunanashodasha shodashatmakah solangkushista bhagavanvanchasi me ।। (bhagavat 2.4.23)

Creating material bodies of living entities formed by panchamahabhuta, ishwara sleep as a jiva(atma with material and subtle body) into them and with the attachment to 16 kalas ( 5 dnyanendriye, 5 karmendriye, 5 pranas and 1 manah) ishwara enjoys (or experiences) 16 types of material subjects.

Also we get many verses indicating bramhaatmavidya or oneness of bramhan and atma.

Hari govinda hari
    praNAm

Yes, because it is purely His nature to become all this Universe and all these beings. Otherwise He would always remain alone if that wasn't the case.
    On another note / taken in the context of LeelA, 'Enjoys' makes Ishvar a Person. Upanishads also say "raso vai sah" He is full of ras, therefore He enjoys [interactions with His devotees]. Please also see my post above in reply to your qn. Mere theoretical knowledge of Bramhan and AtmA is not enough.

Jai Shri KRshNa
    Last edited by smaranam; 08 July 2013 at 01:18 AM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thread Information