Thread: Congress Hindu prayer opening

Congress Hindu prayer opening

Vannakkam:

For the third time in history, on June 4th, the US Congress opening prayer will be Hindu.

http://www.hinduismtoday.com/blogs-n...013/12887.html

Aum Namasivaya

Re: Congress Hindu prayer opening

Namaste EM

This is fanastic news that Satguru Bodhinatha Veylanswami will be guest chaplain for the US House of Representatives and to give the opening prayer at this event, since he is renowned for the wonderful deliveries and knowledgeable and spiritual presentations and prayers as a world famous example and Guru of Hinduism. I hope to watch the video at the website soon, it will be inspiring. I have written to, and even have had an ongoing relationship, with several past and present representatives in California and though I haven't written to Representative Ed Royce of California's 39th District, I certainly plan on writing to him soon respectively thanking him for his role in helping in this matter, as with others he may become a liaison between citizens and government regarding Hindu matters and it is clear he is already in communications with some leading Hindu rights and community organizations.

I remember being in D.C. and being shown a Krishna murti that President Ford gave to President Reagan, it was kept as part of Reagan's collection and I am not sure but it may be still or even in his post-death Presidential Library. I believe the current President Obama has a personal Hanuman murti given to him from the Hanuman Temple in Delhi. I have also heard that Obama has been observed carrying a small Hanuman.

Looking forward to the video.

Om Namah Sivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam:

For the third time in history, on June 4th, the US Congress opening prayer will be Hindu.

http://www.hinduismtoday.com/blogs-n...013/12887.html

Aum Namasivaya
    Thanks for the info. Iam glad c-span can be watched online , that helps.I am planning to watch the historic moment live myself.

Namaste EM.

Thanks for the heads up.

Pranam.

Namaste all,
    Did anyone watch this live? I missed it by a whisker, just mistaking and going on line on central standard time. I know its dumb. Hopefully it will be made available on Youtube.

Vannakkam:

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/clip/4454717

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste

What a good example for Hinduism, and the delivery was masterful and full of purity.

I was particularly taken with the statement:

"HINDU SCRIPTURE DECLARES WITHOUT EQUIVOCATION THAT THE HIGHEST OF ALL IDEALS IS TO NEVER KNOWINGLY HARM ANYONE."

I was very happy with Representative Royce - I noticed the City of Fullerton under his representation. This is a very nice community just next to Anaheim, California, and there are many nice Hindus there as well as Mandir and Temple.

Thanks for sharing this.

Om Namah Sivaya

An American Hindu monk offering prayers at the American congress. The venerable swami has made it very clear to the lawmakers that hindus think and act differently and that fact should be appreciated by his mother land for its own benefit. I heard his ashram is building a very beautiful devalayam.
    A milestone for American hindu community indeed. I played the footage for the benefit of my children who unfortunately are getting westernized and moving away from hindu tradition. I do hope they will turn around and reverse their stand as they grow up and hopefully soon start reading some our texts. I would have liked to see Tulasi Gabbard on the benchs. A vaishnava watching a shaiva offering a prayer would make an interesting sight for fellow hindus to draw inspiration from. Thanks for the link EM. Namaste.

delete
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 17 January 2014 at 05:53 PM.

Namaste,

Thanks EM for the link. That was an awesome, nicely tailored prayer to get the lawmakers started.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    I wish he goes to Bali as well and help make Hinduism gain a proper footing in the regard that it develops stronger in faith, and not in just name.
    Your bio does not tell me anything, but are from Bali?

Pranam.

Thread Information