Thread: Seeing strange things

Seeing strange things

Vannakkam: As bizarre as this seems, it is what I saw about an hour ago. I was driving along, and noticed a crow walking on the road. Not that unusual, no? But as I approached, I noticed it was crossing the road ... on a painted crosswalk. Then a bit further along a person was crossing, not on a crosswalk.

In India on the new 4-lane highway that connects Madurai and Chennai, there are pedestrian overpasses, for obvious safety reasons. As we approached we saw a goat up on the overpass crossing safely, yet people were making mad dashes straight across, amidst cars doing 140 kph or so.

So is the message really that animals are smarter than humans?

If you have seen something that sticks with you as being incongruent, illogical, or otherwise odd, post it here.

Aum Namasivaya

Re: Seeing strange things

Namaste EM ji,
    Intelligence of animals has been an obvious observation for me since childhood.

I grew up in a rural area in India , and the farmers carry produces to weekly markets (Shandy or village bazaars) . The markets open at 7:00 am or so , and the bullock carts are loaded with farm produce by 6-7 pm the previous day , before it gets dark. The bullock carts start moving around 9 pm , and I have seen the bulls pulling the cart to the destitaion while the cart driver sleeps . They cross the roads , adjust to traffic and reach the market by 4-5 am , walking all night long. I always wondered about thier ability to remember the route and navigate the traffic.

I have attached two related articles. The ted talk is a must watch.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/20...e-crow-paradox

http://www.ted.com/talks/frans_de_wa...ve_morals.html

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post

If you have seen something that sticks with you as being incongruent, illogical, or otherwise odd, post it here.

Every day I observe people dying around me, and I observe other people making the same observation. Yet, every day I observe that these same people continue to behave as if they will never die.
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by philosoraptor View Post
    Every day I observe people dying around me, and I observe other people making the same observation. Yet, every day I observe that these same people continue to behave as if they will never die.
    Vannakkam: Yeah, you might say I've seen that too. http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthr...t=Death+denial

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information