Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tamil speaking Rama bhaktas - a treat!

Tamil speaking Rama bhaktas - a treat!

Namaste,

Dr. U. Ve. Velukkudi Krishnan is offering a tour of all places visited by Sri Rama - such as birthplace Ayodhya, Kishkinda, Chitrakoota, Rameswaram and so forth. It is being telecast on Vijay TV every Sunday. But it is also available for free viewing on YT. Please visit the following URL's and enjoy 'Sri Ramanin Padhayil' (on the path traversed by Rama). So far 6 episodes have been telecast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmshaPlwhTs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv4W_p0qWPI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff4ENDrsurE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY8obap8n04

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ymFvG6lxrw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5PKxdmr1ZM

Sri Rama Jaya Rama Jaya Jaya Rama!
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: Tamil speaking Rama bhaktas - a treat!

Namaste Viraja,

Thanks for the info. Looks very interesting, wish I was familiar with the Tamil language to understand it all. Oh well, my loss.

Pranam.

The places visited by Sri Velukkudi Krishnan in the first 6 weeks of the program:

Bittoor (near Kanpur) - Brahma first set foot on here, Ganga flows by, Valmiki has an ashram here and has written Ramayana from here, Sita delivered Lava and Kusha here and has a temple here by the name of 'Vana devi Sita devi', she apparently delivered the babies on the same night that Sahadeva set out to kill the rakshasas Madhu in Mathura and stayed here the first night. Lava and Kusha tied up Hanuman to a tree here when Hanuman came at the command of Rama to free the roaming horse that was caught by Lava and Kusha and make it return to the Ashwamedha Yaga.

Ayodhya - Sri Rama was born here. King Dasaratha and Kausalya gave birth to Rama in their palace in Ayodhya. 1st one of the 7 places mentioned which would give mukthi, including Kashi. River Sarayu flows around Ayodhya in which Sri Rama is said to have performed his daily rituals upon bathing. It is the same Sarayu river that Sri Rama gave his breath in, by doing jala samadhi. Sarayu emerged from the Lord (Vishnu) 's eyes as tears of mercy earning the name of Netraja, then she stayed like a pond in the heart of Brahma earning the name of Sarayu and then sage Vashishta brought her out in the form of a river to flow on earth due to which she came to be known as Vaashisti. Consists of important places like Vashishta Kund, place where the Putrakameshti yaga was performed at the supervision of Sri Rishyasringa rishi, Rama janma bhoomi, Lakshman ghat (from here Lakshmana left earth to go to Vaikunta), Hanuman Ghati, Kanaka Bhavan, Valmeeki Bhavan, Guptar Ghat, and so forth.

To be continued...
    Last edited by Viraja; 16 June 2013 at 11:37 AM.

Namaste Viraja,

Thanks, very interesting!

Pranam.

Namaste Believerji

Thank you for the encouragement! Apparently Sri Velukkudi Krishnan has published a guide of places visit during his yatra but I do not know how to get one. So trying to present the info he passed on while his show is being telecast this way, is something I can do to reproduce atleast a portion of the guide info. I thought this might be useful as well as interesting!

Here is the tour guide as prepared by Sri Velukkudi Swami: http://indiatempletour.blogspot.com/...anu-yatra.html
    BTW: In the actual TV program, many other details such as the place where every event in Ramayana took place along with a narration about the person(ality) involved, are included.

Namaste,

How I wish I could go on a trip to visit all those places, but that will have to wait for a future incarnation, if that happens in Bharat.

Sri Velukkudi Krishnan is doing a great service to everyone by familiarizing people with the different sites associated with Ramayana.

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

How I wish I could go on a trip to visit all those places, but that will have to wait for a future incarnation, if that happens in Bharat.

Sri Velukkudi Krishnan is doing a great service to everyone by familiarizing people with the different sites associated with Ramayana.

Pranam.

I too wish everyday that I get to go in such trips and especially with Swami, whose discourses and company is so blissful in itself. Sri Krishnan Swami has completed the Rama and Krishna Anu Yatra after doing years of research based on all available texts, ancient maps and works of other great souls, perfectionist that He is.

The Yatra involved going to so many obscure places and I heard that in one area, they even had to build their own bridge to cross. Some places were so dangerous that they had to return without seeing like the place where Kabanda was slain. The yatris included many old people and even some bypass surgery patients who all made it safely, by God's grace!

The next trip organized by Swami is Poori Jagannath Yatra: http://kinchitkaramtrust.org/kkt/ind...out=edit&id=80

Namaste

What a nice website! I wish there were abundant opportunities for such tours. I also took a look at the forum which was also enjoyable, there was mention of samadarshanam and that deserves a thread of it's own on other forums.

I would be interested in such an organized tour of the sites related to the Ramayana. Sometimes the best tours are not practicle to Westerners due to the language barrier as many Westerners are limited to English, French and Spanish as common dialect. Are there such religiously focused tours to the famous tirthas and as yatras to the sites of the Ramayana that are practical to those who come from the West?

Jai Hanumanji!

Om Namah Sivaya

... continued.

Buxor (Bihar) - This is the place where sage Viswamitra took Rama and Lakshmana to, where the lads fought the troublesome asuras who were disturbing the yagnas made by the rishis.

Kamasramam - Located near Buxor. When Sri Viswamitra took the young lads - Rama and Lakshmana with him, first day they stayed at the banks of Sarayu - this is where Viswamitra gave the Bala and Ati-Bala mantras to the lads. The second day, they stayed at Kamasaramam - this is the place where Lord Shiva burnt down 'Kama' or 'Manmadha' when he tried to disturb Lord Shiva's penance. The third day, the lads and Viswamitra stayed at Thatakavana - where the lads killed 'Thataka'. And from day 4 till day 11 the lads stayed at Buxor where the yagna was being performed, at a place called 'Siddhashramam' or 'Punyashramam'. This Siddhashramam is located inside the Central Jail. This is the place where on the last day of yagna, Rama drove away Maricha and killed Subahu.

Revalgunj - Sarayu and Ganga merge here. This is the place which has the Gouthama Ashrama, where Ahalya and Gouthama lived.

Ganga and river Sona mix - at the banks of this merger, Viswamitra told the lads about his own story, the story of how Skanda (Murugan) was born and the story of river Ganges. He narrated about Brahmakund where Bhageerata did tapas to bring down Ganga, Bindusaras where Ganga emerged first from Lord Shiva's strand of hair.

Badrikasharam - Here Narayana told the 8-syllabled Narayana mantra to his disciple Nara. Devaprayag - Here in a place called 'Dasharatha parvath', Sri Rama did penance.

To be continued.

Thread Information