Thread: Eliz. Hurley Wedding breach

Eliz. Hurley Wedding breach

Namaste,
    I was wondering what case is being pursued here. The fact that she remarried in another religion after already pledging to one Or that she is spreading christianity? Anyone find information about penal code 295 A? How can she/will she be penalized?

If spreading christainity is illegal in india, than how is they let movie producers show christian elements in films? Are they being used as abuse to the religion?

Here is the only information I could find to the Hurley Wedding:
    http://rtv.rtrlondon.co.uk/2007-03-13/1c5be76.html

Maste nam,
    Zardozi

Re: Eliz. Hurley Wedding breach

Quote Originally Posted by Zardozi View Post
    Namaste,
    I was wondering what case is being pursued here. The fact that she remarried in another religion after already pledging to one Or that she is spreading christianity? Anyone find information about penal code 295 A? How can she/will she be penalized?

If spreading christainity is illegal in india, than how is they let movie producers show christian elements in films? Are they being used as abuse to the religion?

Here is the only information I could find to the Hurley Wedding:
    http://rtv.rtrlondon.co.uk/2007-03-13/1c5be76.html

Maste nam,
    Zardozi
    Not really sure what the deal is here. They went through a ceremony (presumably Christian) in the UK, and then a Hindu ceremony in India. This is actually quite common for Hindu-Christian couples in the west, perhaps not so in the east. I know there was some fuss earlier about how she married in a Hindu ceremony, but is not Hindu. Maybe it's a continuation of that (?)

A.
    Last edited by Agnideva; 16 March 2007 at 05:09 PM.

Re: Eliz. Hurley Wedding breach

namaste,
    My wife is a christian and we got married twice, once in court and once with a hindu ceremony when we visited India (3 years after our court marriage).
    I don't what the deal is with this couple. By the way, my wife is still a christian albeit with hindu 'tendencies'. Just like I am a hindu with buddhist 'tendencies'.
    satay

Thread Information