Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More Indians have stopped believing in God-A recent survey

Re: More Indians have stopped believing in God-A recent survey

And regarding being moved to "Canteen", I dont derogate "Canteen" forum as I consider it equally beautiful. In fact each and every sub-forum, including jalpa is beautiful, serves a purpose.

I wrote what I felt and had nothing to do with any scriptures or "Vaishnava" philosophy as such. It was more of a day-to-day topic.
    My other threads remain where they were

Quote Originally Posted by NayaSurya View Post
    This is the way the world is supposed to turn, further away from Dharma.

Many good questions have been raised here, the first about industry and developed nations, another about the very definition of being religious...and most importantly...Do how do we feel ...are we religious?

These are very good things to think about and i want to honor that with my own question.

How in this time of Kaliyug can we be always mindful and diligent of nuturing religious/Dharmic thoughts and behavior? How can we propagate this Dharma for the future?

I remember back to the seed of Bhakti, which i was given...and i did nuture in my very young years.

Perhaps our children are the key to keeping those precious few religious people as the world enters the final times of this era.

So today there are thousands and perhaps millions of Dharmic folks...and someday this will only be a handful.

Make sure that your progeny are in that Beloved Handful. <3
    Perhaps you have written a very simple yet the most efficient key to the bigger question. Only parents can sow the seed of religiousness in their children. It become an unwritten dharma of each of us to teach the children the right thing and the way to dharma.
    So, that when they grow up and even on their career paths, they feel religious and are aware of dharma

Quote Originally Posted by sapansaxena View Post
    Namaste

Not at all, I am sure a lot of people see logic in what I wrote.
    ...And I dont think posts like those can reduce "religiousness" in a person.

Because of the great sages and saints that have been my ancestors, I choose to ignore the personal pinpointing and laugh at the humour.

The question still remains, and lingers...otherwise we may see it dropping further to lower percentages in future to come
    You do not understand, Sapanji. That first article said "KRshNa was raised to divine status" and later on, the same person starts this thread, and wonders how religiosity has decreased among Indians ?

It is at least partly because of such thoughts. I suppose you did not give it much consideration and wrote it innocently. So, I am only helping you think, and increase awareness of such casual thinking. It makes its layer on our consciousness. I have no other intention. just awareness.

You asked what "we" can do about it. So I gave my frank opinion - and frankly, I was amazed at the irony of the whole thing.
    It means ParamAtmA brought this situation about - this thread and your qn, so as to communicate with you

This is not about pinpointing at a person, it is pinpointing at how numerous modern [rational intelligent progressive ..?] Indians unconsciously/subconsciously look at their dharma - as a group. The word 'contagious' is very important here.

I wrote what I felt and had nothing to do with any scriptures or "Vaishnava" philosophy as such.

Do you now see the inconsistency between your question above and the post there ? It shows that the writer does not accept that KRshNa is Svayam BhagvAn or NArAyaNa VishNu. You do not have to be VaishNav to do so. All Hindus accept KRshNa as NArAyaNa, VishNu.

Nayasurya brings an important point - teaching our children right. If we tell children "KRshNa was raised to divine status due to His unique qualities, popularily and management skills," how will they look at our scriptures after that?

I request whoever can relate, to please think about this and hope you will see my point. This is not about you or me or anyone else. It is about Sanatan Dharma and its future - as this thread stands for.

Govindam Adi Purusham Tam aham bhajAmi
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post

Do you now see the inconsistency between your question above and the post there ? It shows that the writer does not accept that KRshNa is Svayam BhagvAn or NArAyaNa VishNu. You do not have to be VaishNav to do so. All Hindus accept KRshNa as NArAyaNa, VishNu.

Nayasurya brings an important point - teaching our children right. If we tell children "KRshNa was raised to divine status due to His unique qualities, popularily and management skills," how will they look at our scriptures after that?

I request whoever can relate, to please think about this and hope you will see my point. This is not about you or me or anyone else. It is about Sanatan Dharma and its future - as this thread stands for.

Govindam Adi Purusham Tam aham bhajAmi
    Namaste
    Maybe you are right, I dont understand the point. And I still dont, though I want to. I accept Krishna as a God, but in simplest words, an Avatar of Vishnu in the form of a human. Pardon me if this understanding is incorrect.
    In the same lines, I personally consider him more divine and more lovable than any other Vishnu avatar. What made him the "first among equals", if all were avatars of Vishnu? His attributes and "leelas" on the earth. So, I wrote his divinity raised to such status.

Regarding ParamAtmA helping me start this thread, this thread was a copy paste of some random Times Of India link. However, my other threads are my own personal work. You wont find them anywhere on internet. I feel ParamAtmA's hand there in helping me think, not here.

I raised the "Vaishnava" philosophy point on my thread being moved to "Canteen", otherwise we are aware since we were children that Sri Krishna was an Avatar of Vishnu. There is no confusion at all.

Again, narrowing down to one unique point or post being the cause of an entire phenomenon is incorrect, I am sorry. I have written about the divinity of Mahadev and the 9 devis.
    I think we have a common concern and our ways are different. Pointing a mistake in my way, I still dont understand. I am really sorry

Sure we can! By starting with ourselves.

We stop suggesting that KRshNa was "raised to divine status" implying He was just an extraordinary intelligent and pleasing mortal, who was "raised to that status after the fact.

This way

a) our [otherwise wonderful] thread [that glorifies Him nicely] does not get moved by moderator from VaishNav to canteen
    b) we do not sow such seeds in the heads of vulnerable children around us.

This acc. to me is one of the most dangerous and contagious ways to spread atheism.
    +1/Like/Share
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

My question is, we being here, and posting here; replying to posts, definitely come under the 81% hood.
    Cant we do something in this regard.
    Sri Veda Vyas was also worried about the people of Kali yuga and revealed various itihasa-Puranas as a solution. The purpose of these and also various traditions and temples is to make our minds inclined towards attaining God.

As Hindus, we need to understand our great Indian wisdom and also strive our level best to live by it. When children enquire, they need both rational explanations and examples of people who practice what they preach. Kali Yuga is meant to end; prolonging the existing solution is the most sensible thing to do.

Just imagine where we would all stand without these wisdom, temples etc. We don't have the capacity to find a solution for problem of humanity but can only continue to pray to God to be an instrument.

Remember when we were children?

I remember going to the playground and just picking up a conversation with anyone! I became "best friends" with just about every kid i met!

Children are like this...they are born with instant Love for everyone!

Only in time...and parental influence do we become jaded and suspicious. Sadly, to survive in this world...those tough lessons are taught for our own protection.

Parents and older kids mingle very differently than young children.

I go to meetings as a parent or with my older teens and see a big change in behavior. All of them, huddle in groups...there's the baptist church bunch...all slapping each other on the back congratulating each other on another good Sunday sermon all the while glaring at the catholic huddle.

There's the affluent ones, snubbing the lowly farmer bunch.

You know it's human nature to try to teach our children correctly, yet this is one of those times that we could learn from our young children.

Last week after our normal Mahadeva meeting at His Feet with a hundred devotees my daughter and I sang Sri Krishna Govinda all the way home. After we finish, she says..."Oh mommy i love this SONG!" and i nodded and said..."Me too" and she and i decided that next week we would sit in front of Beloved Krishna after our time with Mahadeva and sing this to Him.

Often we share our beautiful roses with the other Beloved Forms...and Beloved Krishna, often gets them.

Our beloved Pujari says to her..."It is always good to share."

Another good lesson.

What these other posts were about perhaps is the need to keep that spirit of unity alive within our homes.

Unity and respect...and Love <3

Pointing a mistake in my way, I still dont understand. I am really sorry
    I am sorry too. I wish you would not take this personally, rather use this as an opportunity to think you were an instrument to bring this point here. It helps us work on the manas-buddhi-ahaMkar - that becomes our core homework in Vedic/Hindu Sanatan Dharma.

So, I repeat:
    I suppose you did not give it much consideration and wrote it innocently. So, I am only helping you think, and increase awareness of such casual thinking. It makes its layer on our consciousness. I have no other intention. just awareness.

This is not about pinpointing at a person, it is pinpointing at how numerous modern [rational intelligent progressive ..?] Indians unconsciously/subconsciously look at their dharma - as a group. The word 'contagious' is very important here.
    If you continue to feel bad or believe that this was to point at you somehow, (which it wasn't, it was to demonstrate a point only) then, believe me, it will make me feel far worse than you do.

I feel 10 times more hurt than the person who somehow gets hurt because of me. always. Since I am the same AtmA that you are.
    So, please don't.

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Namaste.

I live in Australia...a country with one of the lowest beliefs in God.

I also talk with a lot of younger people and most of them are disillusioned with God and religion.

So many times, I have heard "how can a compassionate God allow wars, starvation, suffering and make babies die?'

They see the notion of Karma as a 'cop out' to try and explain something that just cannot be explained.

In this age of 'Science', religion/God is seen as something that was believed out of superstition because science didn't have any answer for it.

When I say something like God = Dark Matter they laugh at me.

It is just another symptom of Kali Yuga and as we near the end of it, those statistics will have 0 people believing in God.

Young people are too heavily influenced by the media, their peers, fast foods, video games and Americanism.

Being religious and believing in God is just not 'cool'. I am surprised to see there weren't more confirmed Atheists.

This is the reason for the downfall.

It's the question of 'what can/has God ever done for me?' Why should I believe in something that doesn't exist? Prove God exists first, then I'll believe it.

There's also a lot of pressure on Indian youth to follow the ways of the family and to do worship. They simply see that as a waste of time, when if they do well in school and go to college to be a doctor or a lawyer etc, marrying a respectable partner and giving their parents offspring, that's enough these days.

Aum Namah Shivaya

I am sorry too. I wish you would not take this personally, rather use this as an opportunity to think you were an instrument to bring this point here. It helps us work on the manas-buddhi-ahaMkar - that becomes our core homework in Vedic/Hindu Sanatan Dharma.

So, I repeat:

If you continue to feel bad or believe that this was to point at you somehow, (which it wasn't, it was to demonstrate a point only) then, believe me, it will make me feel far worse than you do.

I feel 10 times more hurt than the person who somehow gets hurt because of me. always. Since I am the same AtmA that you are.
    So, please don't.

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya
    Namaste
    Sir, please dont think I am feeling hurt or feeling offended. Trust me, there s nothing like it. You are one of the biggest Krishna-bhakts I have ever seen, while I go on scanning the threads of this forum, and I have great respect for you.

I just feel my language was a bit incorrect in that post. I consider Krishna the greatest among all the Vishnu avatars, and I felt if I would write the same, the devotees of Rama, Parsuram, Buddha, etc will feel offended. Hence I wanted to write "the divinity he achieved made him rise to such status", which made him the most divine of all.

My intention was correct, maybe my language was wrong.
    I am really sorry for the confusion. Shiva and Krishna are someone who I cannot consider lesser to any other deity and consider them Supreme Gods

Thread Information