Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Happens After Moksha?

Light Re: What Happens After Moksha?

Namste. ( bramha jidnyasa)
    There are no contradictions at all.I think u didn't understand my post.
    I said one who sees duality between self and bramhan can attain vaikuntha.
    But only those persons who see his atma in all beings and all beings in his atma can attain that highest bliss bramhan , which is beyond the form and formless.
    Vaikuntha and state of bramhan are not one.Know that upanishadas don't talk about vaikuntha mukti ( with form). They are talking about that bramhan which is beyond form and formless.

From muktika upanishad:
    I-i-18-23. Rama: Liberation is of four kinds. But the only real type is Kaivalya ( sayujya) . Anybody even though leading a wicked life, attains Salokya, not other worlds, by worshipping my name. Dying in the sacred Brahmanala in Kashi, he will get the Taraka-mantra and also liberation, without rebirth. On dying anywhere (else) in Kashi, Maheshvara will utter the Taraka-mantra in his right ear. He gets Sarupya with me as his sins are washed away.

The same is called Salokya and Sarupya. Persevering in good conduct, with mind fixed upon me, loving me as the Self of all, the twice-born gets nearer to me – This is called the three forms of liberation. Salokya, Sarupya and Samipya.

I-i-24-25. Meditating on my eternal form as prescribed by the Teacher, one will surely achieve identity with me like the insects changing into the bee. This alone is the liberation of real identity (Sayujya) yielding the bliss of Brahman.

Anyone can attain vaikuntha by uttering the the names of hari.
    But those pure devotees who worship lord krishna as bramhan devoid of all dualities of i or youness can only attain real nature lord krishna, bramhan.

U have commented on my quotes from which you neglected many sentenses.
    U didn't comment on my main points. You should target on my main points if you wana oppose my views.

did you read my post entirely?

regards.

Hari govinda govinda
    Last edited by hinduism♥krishna; 06 July 2013 at 02:26 PM.
    Hari On!

2. Re: What Happens After Moksha?

Quote Originally Posted by moksh101 View Post
    the jiva becomes god himself, he will have the power to give boons like gods, he becomes nirakara and he becomes shiva himself
    Interesting. But if a person merges into Lord Shiva, how can "he" (the jiva) give boons? Won't he be Shiva?

Talking Re: What Happens After Moksha?

Brhadaranyaka I.iv.10 says

‘He who thinks that Brahman is one and he is another does not know.”
    Hari On!

Red Face Re: What Happens After Moksha?

Quote Originally Posted by Crane-Foot King View Post
    Interesting. But if a person merges into Lord Shiva, how can "he" (the jiva) give boons? Won't he be Shiva?
    Namaste,
    Jiva doesn't become god himself. Jiva restores his real nature which is bramhan (atma) and god is the manifestation of parabramhan. Jiva's real identity is bramhan ( atma tattva) and not god.

If a king sees a dream in which he becomes beggar, then does he really become beggar? And If he wakes up, does he really consider himself the beggar in that dream? So what is the question of becoming?
    Brahman becomes jiva and jiva becomes bramhan are just appearances and illusions.

I think you are thinking Hinduism according to Christians concept of God

Jai shri hari govinda narayana
    Hari On!

Re: What Happens After Moksha?

Quote Originally Posted by Crane-Foot King View Post
    Namaste.

There are two aspects of Lord Shiva. The personal aspect and the impersonal one.

Even though, ultimately, both are one and the same, our desires and personal needs dictate how the Lord appears to us.

Now, upon reading the stories, those who seek boons from Lord Shiva are just using Him and aren't really interested in obtaining Moksha.

One would think that after a lifetime of meditation, one would see Lord Shiva and say: "the only boon I could ever want from you, would be to become one with you"...but no, they ask for weapons, immortality, children...

Of course, Lord Shiva will say 'there ya go...I hope it makes you happy'....when we all know that nothing in the material universe will ever make us happy...

So, some of us remain stuck (myself included) in what we call 'Savikalpa Samadhi' or the culmination of love and worship of the Lord in personal form only.

The chance of Moksha is there, but I keep on passing it up because my desire to be with Lord Shiva and not to become Lord Shiva is just too great.

So, I hope this explains it.

Aum Namah Shivaya

6. Re: What Happens After Moksha?

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    Namaste.

There are two aspects of Lord Shiva. The personal aspect and the impersonal one.

Even though, ultimately, both are one and the same, our desires and personal needs dictate how the Lord appears to us.

Now, upon reading the stories, those who seek boons from Lord Shiva are just using Him and aren't really interested in obtaining Moksha.

One would think that after a lifetime of meditation, one would see Lord Shiva and say: "the only boon I could ever want from you, would be to become one with you"...but no, they ask for weapons, immortality, children...

Of course, Lord Shiva will say 'there ya go...I hope it makes you happy'....when we all know that nothing in the material universe will ever make us happy...

So, some of us remain stuck (myself included) in what we call 'Savikalpa Samadhi' or the culmination of love and worship of the Lord in personal form only.

The chance of Moksha is there, but I keep on passing it up because my desire to be with Lord Shiva and not to become Lord Shiva is just too great.

So, I hope this explains it.

Aum Namah Shivaya
    I feel sorry for Lord Shiva. While parents all have demanding children, they only have one, two, or three. Poor Shiva has infinite children, all coming to him and demanding some new toy.

7. Re: What Happens After Moksha?

Quote Originally Posted by hinduism♥krishna View Post
    Namaste,
    Jiva doesn't become god himself. Jiva restores his real nature which is bramhan (atma) and god is the manifestation of parabramhan. Jiva's real identity is bramhan ( atma tattva) and not god.

If a king sees a dream in which he becomes beggar, then does he really become beggar? And If he wakes up, does he really consider himself the beggar in that dream? So what is the question of becoming?
    Brahman becomes jiva and jiva becomes bramhan are just appearances and illusions.

I think you are thinking Hinduism according to Christians concept of God

Jai shri hari govinda narayana
    I am just a man, God is God. It's hard enough for me to accept I will never fully understand him without you confusing me.
    Thanks for your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by hinduism♥krishna View Post
    Jiva restores his real nature which is bramhan (atma) and god is the manifestation of parabramhan. Jiva's real identity is bramhan ( atma tattva) and not god.
    Hello, whatever happened to "there is only ONE THING called Bramhan and nothing else" or "eko Bramhan" ?

_/\_

GovindA!
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Arrow Re: What Happens After Moksha?

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    Hello, whatever happened to "there is only ONE THING called Bramhan and nothing else" or "eko Bramhan" ?

_/\_

GovindA!
    Namaste,

The famous quote about bramhan, bramh is one without a second. What it means? There are many things which are one or there is no second thing other than bramhan?
    Everyone says maya is illusion and seeing maya different from bramh is also an illusion. This maya is beyond illusion and reality.
    So whatever there was, there is or there will be , is bramh only and this bramh is ever free though he appears in material bodies in the form of jiva ( Appearing of bramh in bodies is too illusion) . Maya cant even touch to this atma or bramh. He is eternal , all-pervading , lord of all things.

Hare Krishna !

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post

_/\_

GovindA!
    Namaste smaranam.

That fell victim to the semantics of subjective perception - just like every other famous quote about Brahman ever does. "I am Brahman" (Aham Brahmasmi), "Thou Art That" (Tat Twam Asi) etc etc.

There's still the small matter of the Subject and the Predicate:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predicate_(grammar)

So, we seek to substantiate the "I" and the "Thou" with Everything/One thing that includes "I" and "Thou" and say 'eko Brahaman' but that doesn't work either, because there's still the relationship between the "One" and "Brahman" until we reach the final stage.

So whatever there was, there is or there will be , is bramh only and this bramh is ever free though he appears in material bodies in the form of jiva ( Appearing of bramh in bodies is too illusion) . Maya cant even touch to this atma or bramh. He is eternal , all-pervading , lord of all things.
    As it happened the other day, I was only wondering how the Jiva(atman) could actually be incased in a body? even in a spiritual Kosha? (not in the physical body) because if the 'biggest thing in the universe' could be put in a container, wouldn't the container then be the biggest thing in the universe?

Aum Namah Shivaya

Thread Information