Thread: Shanti Pack?

Shanti Pack?

Namaste!

I bought something called a shanti donation pack from a website ( http://www.rudraksha-ratna.com/navgraha-shanti_176.php3 ) and i got one for Rahu, Ketu, Shukra, and Buddh. (those are my malefic planets) I was wondering if anyone had heard of something like this before, or if its something the owners of the business made up themselves... Some of the items I received were different from what was listed in the website... should i replace them with what the website lists? (one of the errors is black cloth instead of blue, which i can easily find) Do i take the items out of the bag when i donate? And how do i go about fasting? Can the fast be on the day of donation? How does one fast? I heard that some people fast by restricting themselves to small amounts of sattvic foods throughout the day (which i think would be a good way for me) how do i find out mercury transits and such? Does it have to be at the exact time? because my Temple opens at 9 am and closes at 9 pm............ can it be a little before or after?

Om Gam Ganapataye Namah
    Last edited by catnip; 15 June 2013 at 08:07 PM.

Re: Shanti Pack?

Sri Mathre Namaha,

I've checked the packs in the link you have mentioned in your post. It is all in accordance with the tradition of appeasing various planets. The instructions provided on that site are genuine.

Blue cloth is fine with Rahu.

Donate them to your local temple priest along with some money on the vedic weekday of the planet that you want to appease. Ex: Wednesday for Mercury, Friday for Venus etc...

For Rahu - Rahu Kaalam on Saturday
    For ketu - Dur Muhurtham on Tuesday

1st hour from sunrise is the best time for appeasing planets as it is the Hora time of the planet of the vedic weekday. Ex: 1st hour from sunrise on wednesday is Mercury hora.

You can fast on the same day that you do the donation. It is advisable not to eat solid food till evening while you fast. Milk and Fruit Juices are fine. It will be great if you can avoid salt and oil in your food on the day you fast.

Sri Mathre Namaha.

Namaste Kriyarameeshh,

Is it ok for me to drink soy milk as too much milk upsets my stomach? I could reasonably stick to fruit juice...

Sadly i cannot do the donation an hour after sunrise as my local Temple opens at 9 am and the sun rises around 6 am here (around now). So is it best to just do them as soon as possible? And as i am new at this, do i give the offerings to the priest or leave them by the Murti of the God/dess specified on the website? (there are boxes for money donations by all the Murtis at my Temple)
    And i think the rahu and ketu times will work out just fine!
    Thank you for all your information and time!

Om Gam Ganapataye Namah

Sri Matre Namaha,

Dear Catnip,

You can drink Soy milk instead of animal milk.

You can do the chanting of mantra during the Hora time at home and then go to temple and do the donation at a convenient time. This way, you can get the maximum benefit.

Check with your temple priest if at all he would accept the donation. Not all priests accept these donations as accepting them would mean that they take on some of your karma. If they do not, then offer them to the deity in the temple and pray.

Regards.

Namaste Kriyarameeshh,

I will donate it to the deity, i was just confused about what you said!
    Thanks!

Om Gam Ganapataye Namah

Thread Information