Thread: question on Third Eye

question on Third Eye

Sri Mathre Namaha.

off-late, I experience a strong pulsation in the area between my eyebrows. I feel some joy and calmness when I get that sensation. My question is, is it something to do with Third eye or is it something physical. I do not practice Meditation or Pranayama but would do some Mantra Japa.

Could someone clarify this please?
    Sivoham

That, which is the cause for the entire Cosmos to be as it is, is Mahamaya the divine player.

Rameeshh

Re: question on Third Eye

Hi

Check this website: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/

It may be helpful for you.

Quote Originally Posted by kriyarameeshh View Post
    Sri Mathre Namaha.

off-late, I experience a strong pulsation in the area between my eyebrows. I feel some joy and calmness when I get that sensation. My question is, is it something to do with Third eye or is it something physical. I do not practice Meditation or Pranayama but would do some Mantra Japa.

Could someone clarify this please?
    Namaste,

It is mostly due to activation of 3rd eye Ajna chakra. When doing japa, do you concentrate on 3rd eye or chant mantra mentally and try to focus too much?

Or do to be aware of heart center?

What is important is where you focus while doing japa.

Best would be not to try to be aware of 3rd eye. If it happens spontaneously then it is ok, but do not try to be purposefully aware of 3rd eye, within minutes you may feel heavy. Chakra awareness and activation needs to be done under the guidance of a Realized Yogi.

Aum

Amrut
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Sri Mathre Namaha.

Namaste Amrut,

thank you for the reply.

I just chant the mantra and focus on the form of the mantra devatha as per dhyana sloka of the mantra or I would focus on the sound of the mantra mentally.Not always I close my eyes while doing the Japa. I neither pay attention to any chakra nor wish to activate any. It is only out of devotion and faith I do the Japa.

It happens spontaneously. Sometimes even while watching television or speaking with someone, especially if the incident is touchy.

I do not wish to go in search of a Guru who can help me with this as I strongly believe that I shall meet one when I'm ready

However I just want confirm that there is no harm to continue with my Japa. I just can't stop it and In fact I'm going to start Purascharana of a couple of 100 thousand times in the coming week.

It would be of great help if you could let me know of any caution that needs to taken other than not focusing on the chakras deliberately.

Regards.
    Sivoham

That, which is the cause for the entire Cosmos to be as it is, is Mahamaya the divine player.

Rameeshh

Namaste kriyarameshh,
    By the way, Third eye or the Pineal Gland is in for real, as per science.
    Aerated drinks like Pepsi and Coke erode the Pineal Gland.
    http://www.mysticbanana.com/pineal-g...n-history.html
    While doing tapa or meditating activates the Pineal Gland.

You are truly blessed, your Pineal Gland is already quite active. Follow the above given advice and may you be more wise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kriyarameeshh View Post
    Sri Mathre Namaha.

Namaste Amrut,

thank you for the reply.

I just chant the mantra and focus on the form of the mantra devatha as per dhyana sloka of the mantra or I would focus on the sound of the mantra mentally.Not always I close my eyes while doing the Japa. I neither pay attention to any chakra nor wish to activate any. It is only out of devotion and faith I do the Japa.

It happens spontaneously. Sometimes even while watching television or speaking with someone, especially if the incident is touchy.

I do not wish to go in search of a Guru who can help me with this as I strongly believe that I shall meet one when I'm ready

However I just want confirm that there is no harm to continue with my Japa. I just can't stop it and In fact I'm going to start Purascharana of a couple of 100 thousand times in the coming week.

It would be of great help if you could let me know of any caution that needs to taken other than not focusing on the chakras deliberately.

Regards.
    Namaste,

Your Ajna chakra has been activated. This happens to many people, to some who are not even doing japa but a Yogi has blessed them.

you are chanting in your mind. The visualization process happens to involve Ajna chakra. By repeated visualization of a form of devata, Ajna chakra is automatically activated.

It happens at times that one forces to concentrate when thoughts are too powerful. Hence one may feel stressed. At that time, just relax. For few moments do not chant mantra, but stay calm. Pray to God to take away thoughts and help you chant his mantra. DO NOT force to chant.

If mind repeatedly focuses on 3rd eye, then be aware of center of chest i.e. heart chakra. Generally this chakra is feeble and many do not feel it. So you can keep a finger or touch center of chest with one hand i.e. on physical body. this automatically activates heart chakra. This is a common method to activate any chakra. We wear cloth or shawl over head, women cover their head while visiting temples. Crown chakra (sahastrara chakra) is automatically activated).

By feeling love for good or in general recalling any good / pleasant event in your life, heart is activated. By chanting any mantra crown is activated.

Activation of heart is necessary if you wish to continue japa for long hours. It makes the process smooth and light.

If visualizing devata is difficult, imagine it to be in heart chakra. Do not worry about whch direction it is facing. It is just a visualization, but connected with heart.

Your sadhana will increase and so will your devotion, faith and surrender.

Good Luck

Aum

Amrut
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Sri Mathre namaha,

Thank you Arun, Sapan and Who am I for your suggestions and may the Divine mother's blessings be with you all forever.

Regards.
    Sivoham

Rameeshh

Thread Information