Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fearful, Not Sure What to Do

Re: Fearful, Not Sure What to Do

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    In addition, just indulge me here for a moment.

Let's say I die and go to hell.

What part of me can be burned and tortured if my physical body is already dead?

Can a soul be burned? can it even enjoy the wonders of heaven?

Even if something exists after death that can be burned or tortured, that means it also must be self-aware. Therefore, even in the hellish plane, moksha can be attained despite what is being inflicted upon the spirit for a lengthy period of time.

So, we return to Catholicism....a religion where people are free to commit sin knowing that Jesus died so they can just keep on doing it...knowing that a few 'Hail Mary's' will absolve them from their weekly transgressions so they can transgress more next week.

This is not what it's all about, yet it has become that way.

Do you see it now?

I hope I have allayed your fears and you can follow your heart. I wish you all the best.

Aum Namah Shivaya
    Namaste,

Yes, I've often wondered what would happen if the Christian God would try to send a master to hell. I'd suspect nothing much would change. I've learned that pain is our own choice, and that it is by no means required.

I have been opening up much more. My experience with Śiva is so real, that I cannot deny it. Seeking Śiva and doing devotion to Him makes me a better person than i was ever in the Church.

Thank you for your comments.

Om Namaḥ Śivāya

2. Re: Fearful, Not Sure What to Do

Hello Premāyana,

I believe that if a Hindu found himself drawn to Christianity or any other religion/belief, he should seek the advice of Christians, and the advice of Hindus. He should see what both sides believe in their own words before making the choice. So, my advice to you is that you seek the advice of Christians as well. You do well to seek the advice of Hindus. But, if I am drawn to atheism and I only ask atheists what I should do, then I show that I do not care about what is true so much as what I feel. And what I feel is not necessarily true, since so many persons feel contrary things. I am sorry if Hindus do not agree with what I am saying, I do not know. If so please correct me.

Sincerely, edarlitrix

Namaste Premayana.
    I was raised in a Catholic household as well so I do understand where you are coming from.

Know that fear can be either "melted by devotion or burned by knowledge." Of course, the best path to spiritual growth (and even recovery, if you will) is with some of each. A good first step is to learn to honor & respect yourself. Understand that you are purely atman (soul) and the atman is divine...so within yourself, you have a spark of divinity. Don't listen to Catholic doctrine about "original sin" and so on. You are not some fundamentally corrupt "sinner." Your true nature is divine.

Grow closer to Lord Mahadeva and develop your devotion, and believe me, your fear will melt from you. Wear a rudraksha mala and feel the divine energy rest on your heart. Meditate and pray and visit local mandirs as much as you can.

Also learn as much as you can about Sanatana Dharma. Understand that Sanatana Dharma predates the Vatican institution by thousands of years (and that in itself is an interesting concept...how viable can a belief system be if it needs a government-style hierarchy to preserve it?) Study the Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads and Puranas especially. You will find that the more you learn, the more...electrified and "lit up" you will feel. It's a bit hard to describe but you will see it
    Best of luck
    Namaste
    "Faith is to believe what you do not see. Faith's reward is to see what you believed." -Swami Chinmayananda

Quote Originally Posted by edarlitrix View Post
    Hello Premāyana,

I believe that if a Hindu found himself drawn to Christianity or any other religion/belief, he should seek the advice of Christians, and the advice of Hindus. He should see what both sides believe in their own words before making the choice. So, my advice to you is that you seek the advice of Christians as well. You do well to seek the advice of Hindus. But, if I am drawn to atheism and I only ask atheists what I should do, then I show that I do not care about what is true so much as what I feel. And what I feel is not necessarily true, since so many persons feel contrary things. I am sorry if Hindus do not agree with what I am saying, I do not know. If so please correct me.

Sincerely, edarlitrix
    Vannakkam: I personally think this is wise advice, but I'm not sure all will agree. When it comes to switches in religion, a person should know both sides well, otherwise one could end op in the 'the grass is greener on the other side of the fence' quandary. It's a bit different than coming from agnosticism.

Aum Namasivaya

delete
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 17 January 2014 at 07:38 PM.

Thread Information