Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Failure of Multi-culturalism in Europe

Re: Failure of Multi-culturalism in Europe

Namaste

Political and National movements may be better understood in the Light of Sri Aurobindo's classical "Human Cycle, War and Self-Determination", wherein He says that nations have minds with central properties and there is an occult movement in human consciousness and action towards an international government and religion and so on...

Regards
    Ra K Sankar

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra K Sankar View Post
    Political and National movements may be better understood in the Light of Sri Aurobindo's classical "Human Cycle, War and Self-Determination", wherein He says that nations have minds with central properties and there is an occult movement in human consciousness and action towards an international government and religion and so on...
    With all due respect to Sri Aurbindo, this prediction of 'an occult movement in human consciousness and action towards an international government and religion and so on...' is not a visionary statement, but something coming from an intellectual wasteland. The only way you can have an international govt./religion will be if everyone transcended their consciousness and consented to become a muslim.

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

With all due respect to Sri Aurbindo, this prediction of 'an occult movement in human consciousness and action towards an international government and religion and so on...' is not a visionary statement, but something coming from an intellectual wasteland.
    In a way Aurobindo is expanding on the ideas of Vivekananda on the "personality of Nations". So according to Aurobindo, a universal religion (or say, international harmony) doesn't actually need a weakening of the individuality of each nation (via *multiculturalism* and like).

The only way you can have an international govt./religion will be if everyone transcended their consciousness and consented to become a muslim.
    Enlightening.

namaste.
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    2. Depth of Āstika knowledge is directly proportional
    to the richness of Sanskrit it is written in
    3. Āstika = Bhārata ("east") / Ārya ("west")
    4. Varṇa = tripartite division of Vedic polity
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    constant c = intelligence
    variable x = bhakti

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalicharan Tuvij View Post
    In a way Aurobindo is expanding on the ideas of Vivekananda on the "personality of Nations".
    The armchair philosophers have always been out of touch with reality. There is no common sense involved and there is never a sense of pragmatism in dealing with issues/nations/people. That has been the misfortune of India in terms of its political leaders and the hairbrained philosophers. A person 'expanding on', or 'building upon', or 'endorsing' the ideas of another does not make either one right. We must never let our critical thinking be hijacked on all issues by big names.

Pranam.

Sri Aurobindo on Himself - An extract

Sri Aurobindo to his Biographers

It would be only myself who could speak of things in my past giving them their true form and significance.
    I see that you have persisted in giving a biography is it really necessary or useful?
    The attempt is bound to be a failure, because neither you nor anyone else knows anything at all of my life;
    it has not been on the surface for men to see.
    But why write my biography at all? Is it really necessary?
    In my view, a man's value does not depend on what he learns, or his position or fame, or what he does,
    but on what he is and inwardly becomes.

The armchair philosophers have always been out of touch with reality... A person 'expanding on', or 'building upon', or 'endorsing' the ideas of another does not make either one right...
    This is what I feared; now you knocked down poor Vivekananda too.

There is no common sense involved and there is never a sense of pragmatism in dealing with issues/nations/people. That has been the misfortune of India in terms of its political leaders and the hairbrained philosophers.
    This can be solved very simply if only our diplomats started documenting their decisions, instead of going about their business by the word of mouth. But, then as you know, no body in India is really into documenting, be it our leaders or scientists, because first it will make them "culpable", and secondly, they simply don't have time to do so because of "less manpower" (euphemism for "inefficiency").

We must never let our critical thinking be hijacked on all issues by big names.
    There is no such thing as "multi-culturism", as you say
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    2. Depth of Āstika knowledge is directly proportional
    to the richness of Sanskrit it is written in
    3. Āstika = Bhārata ("east") / Ārya ("west")
    4. Varṇa = tripartite division of Vedic polity
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    constant c = intelligence
    variable x = bhakti

Thumbs Down Re: Failure of Multi-culturalism in Europe

I hope I live long enough to see the world like Birmingham uk. In birmingham we have different cultures living side by side, and engaging with each other breaking down racial barriers instigated by countries for years.
    My current partner is Muslim, I'm white and ginger and closer to believing in Hinduism than anything else.

This is a problem for her family, so they do not know i exist. however not a problem when we go out together. at least not where we live.

In york, or Leeds, it would be a very different story and we would be persecuted for our romance.

Whenever I encounter a different perspective, or person, I get curious, I want to learn from them and combine their knowledge with my own then find a unique perspective and grow as an individual.

I hope one day, no one will see a difference and humanity can embrace one another as humanity.
    Passports shouldn't exist, we should be free to travel, as water should be free to harvest, as i should be allowed to build where i choose, and claim from the earth i was born onto.

The fight against racism and for multicultural society is a lost cause, unless you are willing to go to war with almost every government in existence. God didn't give England to Henry the 8th. the world was already here for us as it is for all other creatures upon it that humanity suppresses.

I'm not sure when in history this began, or how to undo it.

I guess for me, I just try and shower that opinion on everyone i meet, let them know that.

In the womb I was a free human, ready to be born onto earth, ready to live as my ancestors did before me, and ready to ascend and evolve accordingly.
    But the moment I came out the womb and took my first breath, I was chained to a country claimed by a government and charged for every lungful of air from that day to the end of my days.

Freedom seems like a false idea in our world.
    We're the same, You and I.

Freedom is from the known-world

Namaste

Freedom may be freedom from the known. And, the world is for ever the known. Hence, our troubles in gaining freedom

Regards
    Ra K Sankar

Namaste.

Well, after watching the news tonight...

The Indonesian government has just released a convicted people smuggler...giving him his freedom, after attempts to have him extradited to Australia to face charges over here has failed.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/peopl...711-2psvb.html

This goes to show that Indonesia has, indeed, no plans to co-operate with us over the issue of illegal immigrants arriving by boat via Indonesia into Australia.

In that case, I would say 'to hell with Indonesia' and just turn all the boats around at the threat of military conflict. Let them do whatever they like. There's no love lost between us anyway....relations have always been very poor between us.

If politicians cannot see that now, they are really blind.

In other news, Egypt is on the brink of civil war.

In Muslim countries, democracy does not work! Dictatorship is needed to keep the population under control and stop the citizens from killing each other.

What 'works' in USA, does not work in Iraq...in Algeria...In Egypt.

So, the military performs a coup to oust the elected leader....yet the Western world doesn't say it's a coup and supports the military takeover because trade with Egypt (especially oil) is worth billions of dollars.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/world/...ed_861443.html

Meanwhile, petrol has almost reached $1-70 a litre over here (up from $1-40 a week ago) due to 'the problems in Egypt' when we produce most of our own oil!

http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/....aspx%3Fpn%3D1

The sooner a meteorite hits this planet and decimates it, the better.

*goes off and punches a pillow to death.

Aum Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by Necromancer; 11 July 2013 at 09:16 AM.

Thread Information