Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Failure of Multi-culturalism in Europe

Failure of Multi-culturalism in Europe

Namaste,

http://www.youtube.com/embed/A3YQANdvvbY

The Canadian Govt. too has been following in the footsteps of Europe. US, although aware of the menace, has been trying to be politically correct and refuses to do any ethnic profiling. Once this sad situation takes hold, as it has in Europe, there is no going back.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...source=taboola

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 23 June 2013 at 09:52 AM.

Re: Failure of Multi-culturalism in Europe

Namaste Believer

Thanks for sharing this. I have concern regarding this, and actually have been communicating my concerns to fellows here in the US, and to politicians, some of whom have listened to us regarding, so in the US there is an awareness.

But more awareness is needed, the truth be told. We also have the issue of some dumb idiots here in the US who do not know the difference between Sikh and Islam, and other examples and many are trying to bring awareness. While we don't want those who are idiots to rule the streets, at the sametime we need to be careful that a worse idiot in jihadists take over the streets as we see happening in France.

As much as I make jokes of others, as I may make jokes about French and the French make jokes about Americans, such rivalry will not change one thing (personally) is that I am NOT about to abandon beloved France or England to the jihadees, never.

Om Namah Sivaya
    Last edited by ShivaFan; 24 June 2013 at 05:42 PM. Reason: typo

Namaste.

Nowhere has Multi-Culturalism failed more than in Australia.

Every week, thousands of boat people - refugees from Somalia, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka and Iraq arrive by boat via Indonesia into Australia.

Many don't make it and their boats sink and they all drown.

Then, everybody blames us for violating Human Rights! That is just insane.

What gets me, is that the refugees say they are poor, but they can afford to pay people smugglers about $10,000 USD each to come here.

In all honesty, they should turn the boats around or even bomb the boats under our Border Protection Policy. It's an issue of National Defence and Security.

If it were any other country, that would be done very swiftly.

Sure, some have it very bad where they live and wish to escape the political situation, but what do they do? They come over to Australia and stir up the same political and anarchist rubbish over here....the same situation they are escaping from.

Mostly Muslim people do this.

They also wish to be given preferential and superior treatment over those who have lived here all their lives and the Government delivers giving them heaps of money and jobs.

We should impose sanctions on all these countries, including Indonesia so the government will crack down on people smuggling, but what does Indonesia say?

They tell our Government that any refugees being returned to Indonesia will either be imprisoned or killed under their Border Protection Policy!

They also say that any embargo will sour relations between Indonesia and Australia.

Then, the Human Rights activists are all saying 'yeah, so let's take them all in...the more, the merrier'.

Problem is now, only about half the population of Australia is Caucasian and the majority of the rest are either Muslim or Vietnamese refugees.

Some may say 'well, that's what we did to the Aborigines' - but that's not our concern anymore, some 5-6 generations later.

Now, we have so many people in so little of the actual liveable environment in Australia - only about 5% is habitable and unemployment is at an all-time low.

Refugees are getting all the jobs over white Australians, because they will work for minimum wage and under bad conditions.

Also, the infrastructure isn't there to support all of the refugees into Australia and the government cannot afford to upgrade our living conditions.

I am not racist, but this country is going to hell very fast due to refugees.

There are also Jihadi Terrorists in our detention camps on Christmas Island. It was on the news.

We are facing a 'soft invasion' of Muslims from within.....and with Indonesia, a Muslim country, being so close...it's only a matter of time before we become a Third-World country ourselves, all worshipping Allah.

Aum Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by Necromancer; 25 June 2013 at 09:54 AM.

Namaste,

The narrative paints a very unfortunate situation in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    Then, the Human Rights activists are all saying 'yeah, so let's take them all in...the more, the merrier'.
    Those are your real problem. For some reason they think the people living in the country should have no rights and the boat people should have all the rights. What twisted minds!

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    Now, we have so many people in so little of the actual liveable environment in Australia - only about 5% is habitable and unemployment is at an all-time low.
    You probably meant the other way around. (the excuse of error being due to typing at 3:00 AM works only once ).

Pranam.

Vannakkam:

Obviously I will have mixed feelings. As you may know Toronto has about 200 000 fairly recent Sri Lankans, and many were refugees from the war.

I like our multiculturalism. It's had some failures, but on the whole, I like it. There certainly wouldn't be 6 Hindu temples in my city without it. We have maybe 60 varieties of ethnic restaurants to go to. Walking in a nearby mall, I can hear maybe 10 different languages, 9 of which I can't understand a word of, but still I like the sound. To date, most people have been able to leave their wars and troubles behind, and have integrated into Canadian society, providing us with many doctors, amongst other professionals, and contributing well to Canadian society.

A recent unfortunate incident in Quebec highlighted some of the veiled racism towards immigrants. The provincial soccer organisation banned turbans because they were supposedly dangerous, then that provincial organisation was cast out of the Canadian soccer Federation. Finally, amidst lots of protests, and a ruling by FIFA that they wouldn't bar turbans, the local group relented, hence allowing dozens of Punjabi youngsters in Quebec to once again play.

We have a few enclaves like the Hassidic Jew enclave in Montreal, but for the most part, our immigrants remain spread out, and often don't settle into large pockets as has happened in some cases in Europe.

Our government continues to keep it's veiled racism alive. Canada has 1.5 million temporary workers with few rights of citizens. Companies hire, pay low wages and give brutal working conditions, then send them back home, not unlike Dubai. The escuxe is they can't find local people to do 8 buck an hour jobs, but in reality its just corporate greed.

Just last week, our notion of universal health care was taken away from all refugee claimants. So if a refugee gets ill, there is no care. Not surprisingly, doctors, and others who can see beyond the ends of their white noses protested as the long term cost will far outweigh the short term savings.

But our government continues to discourage immigration. One of our priests, after having lived here harmoniously for some 8 years, was almost deported. The reason - he didn't quite pass the English exam, despite being capable enough for communicating at his job, which is a temple priest. He simply didn't need the English level that they have for all.

So if these trends continue, immigration to Canada will stop entirely. Fortunately, many predict this government to be on the way out soon.

Aum Namasivaya

delete
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 17 January 2014 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

The narrative paints a very unfortunate situation in Australia.

Those are your real problem. For some reason they think the people living in the country should have no rights and the boat people should have all the rights. What twisted minds!

You probably meant the other way around. (the excuse of error being due to typing at 3:00 AM works only once ).

Pranam.
    Namaste.

Yeah, unfortunately I cannot get anybody to proof-read my posts before I post them.

I meant it the other way around, of course (I would make a terrible politician or writer due to my dysphasia).

Aum Namah Shivaya.

Namaste,

Unregulated, illegal immigration, specially by people belonging to one group who hope to convert everyone to their faith is the reason for the failure of the experiment in multiculturalism. If there is a labor shortage and people able to assimilate are taken in, there would be no problem. Of course, in many cases priority is given, as it should be, to refugees running away from turmoil in their surroundings, but it all has to be controlled and legal. Tons of boats showing up on the shores of Spain/Italy/Greece from North Africa, or on the shores of Australia by way of Indonesia, full of troublemakers must be checked.

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

Unregulated, illegal immigration, specially by people belonging to one group who hope to convert everyone to their faith is the reason for the failure of the experiment in multiculturalism. If there is a labor shortage and people able to assimilate are taken in, there would be no problem. Of course, in many cases priority is given, as it should be, to refugees running away from turmoil in their surroundings, but it all has to be controlled and legal. Tons of boats showing up on the shores of Spain/Italy/Greece from North Africa, or on the shores of Australia by way of Indonesia, full of troublemakers must be checked.

Pranam.
    Vannakkam: I think there should be a big sign at the entrance. "These are our laws, and Sharia law will not be tolerated here." Surely there can be a longer safer process that would lead to better screening. I do understand there are huge problems, and some are just getting started.

But it's the generalisation to all immigrants that makes it a mess for the rest. The soccer turban controversy in Quebec was a joke.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    I think there should be a big sign at the entrance. "These are our laws, and Sharia law will not be tolerated here."
    I wish it was that simple.

In UK, people in the muslim community have their disputes settled per the Sharia Law and then they go to the court to have the judge stamp and sign on what the parties have already agreed to. That is just a face saving arrangement for the English judiciary which has basically acquiesced to sharia law for a segment of the population. To get into the door, they will agree to any T&C's put down on paper, but later the reality will be lot different. That is just the nature of the beast. Certain Governments want to be seen as politically correct and refuse to acknowledge what is already visible even to the blind.

Pranam.

Thread Information