Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: bhagavat purana book

Smile bhagavat purana book

I want to know is there any bhagavat puran except that of iskcon ?

Iskcon has changed the meaning of many verses . They are trying to teach gaudiya vaishnwas philosophy in bhagavatam and hiding actual philosophy written in bhagavatam . If we read accurate translated bhagavata verses, we get what advaita says.

So anybody have original bhagavat puran ebook ?

Hari Krishna ...
    Last edited by hinduism♥krishna; 29 January 2014 at 10:55 AM.

Re: bhagavat purana book

praNAm

There is Bhagvat PurAN in 2 volumes only, including Mahatmya, pArAyaN details and Bhagvat Arati by

Gita Press, GorakhpUr.

It is definitely available in Hindi and Marathi,
    and perhaps Gujrathi plus other languages.

It does not have purports or sanskrit break-up (translitration), just translations, but they would be just perfect for you is what i feel.

I have the set in Marathi. It is good. You will like it.

The authors say it is more than translation - it is bhAvArtha, but i find it consistent. Also, it is enough for those with an Indian language as mother-tongue and familiar with some Sanskrit, to map the shloka to the translation and check for themselves.

My neighbour has another one in 16 volumes - in continuous story form with verse transliteration in appendix. However, they are not as balanced as Gita Press. The panel of authors have induced their own bias into the narration, and in addition, have translated Bramhan as BramhA sometimes !

(My last post on the "Shrimad Bhagvat says..." thread has English translations of the Gita Press translation. Hence highlighting key words in red.)

_/\_

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya
    Last edited by smaranam; 25 June 2013 at 01:11 AM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thumbs Up Re: bhagavat purana book

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    praNAm

There is Bhagvat PurAN in 2 volumes only, including Mahatmya, pArAyaN details and Bhagvat Arati by

Gita Press, GorakhpUr.

It is definitely available in Hindi and Marathi,
    and perhaps Gujrathi plus other languages.

It does not have purports or sanskrit break-up (translitration), just translations, but they would be just perfect for you is what i feel.

I have the set in Marathi. It is good. You will like it.

The authors say it is more than translation - it is bhAvArtha, but i find it consistent. Also, it is enough for those with an Indian language as mother-tongue and familiar with some Sanskrit, to map the shloka to the translation and check for themselves.

My neighbour has another one in 16 volumes - in continuous story form with verse transliteration in appendix. However, they are not as balanced as Gita Press. The panel of authors have induced their own bias into the narration, and in addition, have translated Bramhan as BramhA sometimes !

(My last post on the "Shrimad Bhagvat says..." thread has English translations of the Gita Press translation. Hence highlighting key words in red.)

_/\_

thanks for giving info.

Namste.shri hari
    If you don't mind can you send me that ebook ? My mothertounge is marathi.So i want bhavat purana in hindi or marathi with accurate translation.

Or help me where to download bhagavat ebook from gitapress ?

I hope u will help me.

Jai shri hari govinda !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hinduism♥krishna View Post
    thanks for giving info.

Namste.shri hari
    If you don't mind can you send me that ebook ? My mothertounge is marathi.So i want bhavat purana in hindi or marathi with accurate translation.

I hope u will help me.

Hari Govind! Certainly.

Here is the Gita Press Bhagvat in e-book form http://www.4shared.com/office/JFSr6N...ridged_-_.html
    It is also available on scribd http://www.scribd.com/doc/35909233/B...Puran-In-Hindi. but NO SANSKRIT SHLOKA.
    Please also see this HDF thread in this subforum (puranas) by Omkar. He has compiled a huge library of all shAstra (scriptures).

I have the hard copy - the 2-volume set of Sanskrit Shloka and Marathi translation-bhAvArtha. I looked up the Gita Press Website
    and they are selling the hard copy (pl. see 3rd book in list), but they don't have an e-book for bhagvat on the site itself.

Anyhow, following is a compilation of hyperlinks to various PDF downloads of Gita, purans, Ved, itihas by other publishers. (Most of these will not have the original shlokas in sanskrit).

Before going to the numerous links, i recommend buying the hard copy considering the price.
    * It is just 2 volumes, portable, and easy for study as well as pArAyaN.
    * It costs Rs. 400 on the Gita Press site and Rs. 300 as of today at Nerlekar's Book Store opposite Dagdusheth Halwai Ganapati Mandir, Appa Balwant Chauk, Pune (if you ever happen to be there). I am sure dharmic book stores in your area will do the same. The price was Rs. 250 two yrs ago, and will go up and up so grab it.
    Compare with multi-volume Bhagvat grantha costing thousands of rupees.

OK here is our list of PDFs by other (unknown) authors/publications - may include Gita Press:

All Ved, Puran, itihas, Gita (Hindi):
    http://vedpuran.net/download-all-ved...df-hindi-free/

Bhagvat audio in Hindi (and others) : http://shivrudrabhishek.com/Music-Bh...uran-Hindi.php

Multiple puran, itihas and other jewels (Vidur niti, Chanakya niti, Manu smriti, books by Ramsukhdas ji, Gita Press books, PrabhupAd's books, Nitaiveda and vedabase links )
    http://singhal.50webs.com/books.htm

_/\_ at your service.

Last edited by smaranam; 26 June 2013 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    Hari Govind! Certainly.

Here is the Gita Press Bhagvat in e-book form http://www.4shared.com/office/JFSr6N...ridged_-_.html
    It is also available on scribd http://www.scribd.com/doc/35909233/B...Puran-In-Hindi. but NO SANSKRIT SHLOKA.
    Please also see this HDF thread in this subforum (puranas) by Omkar. He has compiled a huge library of all shAstra (scriptures).

I have the hard copy - the 2-volume set of Sanskrit Shloka and Marathi translation-bhAvArtha. I looked up the Gita Press Website
    and they are selling the hard copy for Rs. 200 per volume (pl. see 3rd book in list), but they don't have an e-book for bhagvat on the site itself.

Anyhow, following is a compilation of hyperlinks to various free PDF downloads of Gita, purans, Ved, itihas by other publishers. (Most of these will not have the original shlokas in sanskrit).

Before going to the numerous links, i recommend buying the hard copy considering the price.
    * It is just 2 volumes, portable, and easy for study as well as pArAyaN.
    * It costs Rs. 400 on the Gita Press site and Rs. 300 as of today at Nerlekar's Book Store opposite Dagdusheth Halwai Ganapati Mandir, Appa Balwant Chauk, Pune (if you ever happen to be there). I am sure dharmic book stores in your area will do the same. The price was Rs. 250 two yrs ago, and will go up and up so grab it.
    Compare with multi-volume Bhagvat grantha costing tens of thousands of rupees.

OK here is our list of PDFs by other (unknown) authors/publications - may include Gita Press:

http://vedpuran.net/download-all-ved...df-hindi-free/

Bhagvat audio in Hindi (and others) : http://shivrudrabhishek.com/Music-Bh...uran-Hindi.php

http://www.rajkot4g.com/2012/07/down...pdf-hindi.html

Multiple puran, itihas and other jewels (Vidur niti, Chanakya niti, Manu smriti, books by Ramsukhdas ji, Gita Press books, PrabhupAd's books, Nitaiveda and vedabase links )
    http://singhal.50webs.com/books.htm

_/\_ at your service.

thank you sooooo much for giving me such useful info

jai shri hari govinda
    Hari On!

Quote Originally Posted by hinduism♥krishna View Post
    thanks for giving info.

Namste.shri hari

I hope u will help me.

Namaste,

Have you tried Shri Dongre Maharaj's Bhagavat. I do not know if online copy. Better have a hard copy.

Ask in R R Sheth, they may have it.

Mumbai branch no:
    022-2201 3441
    022-2205 8293

Ahmedabad branch no:
    079-2550 6573
    Fax: 079-2550 1732

Ask for full bhagavat and not concise or bhagavat sara

If you want it to be written by an advaitin, I saw a copy of Bhagavatam in English by Shri S. N. Shastri in Central Chinmaya mission, Powai

022-2857 2367

If you want in Hindi try

Karam Singh Amar Singh, Haridwar,

01334-225619
    01334-313200

Note: Though nothing much has been said about haridwar, keeping mind mind current situation in Uttarakhand, enquire about books and may be later on buy them after things are back to normal.

Another one is a commentary written by Shri Sreedhar Swami

Gita Press do have Bhagavat in Marathi. I have a list in which Marathi Version is mentioned, but is not clarified that it is only marathi or Sanskrit - Marathi.

Good Luck

Aum

Smaranam ji Jai Shri Krishna
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Jai Shri KRshNa, Amrutji.

Dongre Maharaj's BhAgvat did cross my mind. It is exceptionally popular in Maharashtra and Gujarath. Most people i know have it in continous story form.

Yes, the Gita Press one is Sanskrit-Marathi of course, otherwise i wouldn't buy it.

Shreedhar Swami's commentary was popular at Chaitanya Mahaprabhu's time and He supported it when someone opposed it.

_/\_

Namaste

True original Srimad Bhagawatham Sanskrit text was translated faithfully into classical English matching the original classical Sanskrit by Swami Tapasyananda of the Sri Ramakrishna Mission, the then Vice-President of the Sri Ramakrishna Order. There are 4 volumes (yellow colour cover way back in the 1980s) costing Rs 100 each. Guaranteed wonderful original reading in English.

Regards
    Ra K Sankar

shri hari govinda ! thank youso much all of you .
    Last edited by hinduism♥krishna; 29 January 2014 at 11:01 AM.
    Hari On!

Red Face Re: bhagavat purana book

Bhagavatam would be much better if it has accurate translation of sanskrit texts without commentry rather than interpreting according to sectarian believes . I read iskcons bhagavatam .But I am not satisfied with it. In that bhagavatam even if original sanskrit verse wants to say shri krishna is atma of all jivas , Iskcon translates it as shri krishna is paramatma situated with jiva. They don't consider unity of Atma and Bramhan which is indeed the essence of all shastras.

They give more importance to differ between atma and paramatma. Besides it has extra words in many verses. In short, most verses of Iskcon's Bhagavata are biased and misinterpreted.

So I want pure bhagavata as it should be.

Thank you !
    Last edited by hinduism♥krishna; 29 January 2014 at 11:00 AM.
    Hari On!

Thread Information