Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: bhagavat purana book

Re: bhagavat purana book

Namaste,

Another one is a book store at Sri Ramakrishna Ashram, Khar (West) mumbai.

They also sell books very cheep e.g. Gita, Madhusudhan's commentary is 1000 page costing Rs. 195.00

There may be some issues with Translation of some verses

OM
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Thank you , sudas and amrit.
    I have decided to go to gita press store tomorrow.
    Hari om.
    Last edited by hinduism♥krishna; 15 September 2013 at 09:10 PM.

Namaste

Quote Originally Posted by Indiaspirituality Amrut View Post
    There is a way to express ourselves in public forum

Bold means giving special importance
    Typing in Red colour means you are angry
    Typing in CAPITAL letters means you are shouting

Hari OM
    Thanks for this protocol.

I don't use bold, italics, underline and capitol letters because I am angry or shouting, but for the same reasons that publishers or mothers would use them.

I thought mother puts nutritious aromatic food on the table in bold italics underlined and capitol letters, so that the children too engrossed in play will get diverted. Lunch time. This is not to say that people who read my posts are children, oh no, but using this analogy for indrIya-mana-buddhi (senses-mind-intellect) impersonally, as a general group, mine included. Many times the bolding is for me. I had a habit of reading books with highlighter in hand (personal copies of course).

Now I see why and how someone thought I was 'very angry' when I was simply stating facts, and why the feedback came as a surprise

No more wordprocessing features for me. Noteapad ki jay.

* Never make the forums your playground. What you toss as a soft beach ball, may be received as a hard rock.

_/\_

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ~
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    Namaste

Thanks for this protocol.

I don't use bold, italics, underline and capitol letters because I am angry or shouting, but for the same reasons that publishers or mothers would use them.

I thought mother puts nutritious aromatic food on the table in bold italics underlined and capitol letters, so that the children too engrossed in play will get diverted. Lunch time. This is not to say that people who read my posts are children, oh no, but using this analogy for indrIya-mana-buddhi (senses-mind-intellect) impersonally, as a general group, mine included. Many times the bolding is for me. I had a habit of reading books with highlighter in hand (personal copies of course).

Now I see why and how someone thought I was 'very angry' when I was simply stating facts, and why the feedback came as a surprise

No more wordprocessing features for me. Noteapad ki jay.

* Never make the forums your playground. What you toss as a soft beach ball, may be received as a hard rock.

_/\_

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ~
    Namaste,

That was not for you, it was for HLK, regarding post #24. In general we use them sparingly. HLK uses them quite often. You use them differently. I do not think that they should offend anyone. Atleast I didnt find them offending or shouting, etc

General Info:

Web designers call them attributes, they are written between <a> and <\a>, while forums uses BB code for some reason and uses sq. brackets [ ]

robots, crawlers identity them them give them importance.

e.g. if It type smaranam and you type and give bold attribute smaranam, your webpage will get priority and will be displayed higher than mine

using blue does not mean to shout or to get angry, it's only with blood red

Same with head tags, H1, H2, H3, H4 --> these are headers, used to give title to a para, chapter or a Section

Jai Shri Krishna.
    Last edited by Amrut; 16 September 2013 at 02:36 AM.
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

I know it was [good advice] for HLK. I happened to use all those for different reason (red only for GaNesh - His favourite colour), so this protocol is important for me. Who knows, people may think I am shouting

Therefore, notepad ki jay.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thread Information