Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canines of Interest

Re: Canines of Interest

Namaste,
    Reading these posts bewilders me of my ignorance to the consumption of meat. I cant think of any reason to do it but 1 reason. In a God-like manor, many taking Moksha... A persons soul into gods body becoming one spiritually, creating a "universal" being of everything. Well, as a human, my only method of similar universal oneness is this way by devouring the soul. I'll think about that next time I am enjoying another order of
    Bheja Fry

Swas Tik Hai,
    Jigar
    Last edited by Zardozi; 25 March 2007 at 09:45 PM.

Saidevo,

It is true that the protein found in flesh is not easily found in any ONE other food except soy. However, the same protein intake can be accomplished by consuming a variety of many different vegetables.

This method also assures us of adequate intake of the many other nutrients found in vegetables, not just protein.

The presence of God is not limited to the human species, so we must also discern God in other-than-human life forms. These forms must be within the reach of our concern and compassion. Our understanding of God grows as we learn to recognize God's presence in them.
    ........Anatanand Rambachan, professor of religion

Namaste Mirabai.

Quote Originally Posted by mirabai View Post
    It is true that the protein found in flesh is not easily found in any ONE other food except soy. However, the same protein intake can be accomplished by consuming a variety of many different vegetables.

This method also assures us of adequate intake of the many other nutrients found in vegetables, not just protein.

The presence of God is not limited to the human species, so we must also discern God in other-than-human life forms. These forms must be within the reach of our concern and compassion. Our understanding of God grows as we learn to recognize God's presence in them.
    ........Anatanand Rambachan, professor of religion
    1. Yes, as you say, vegetables are the clue to nutrition. Plus the blessed rice. An article in Hinduism Today states this about the nutrition obtained from a rice meal:

"Dietetically, rice is cherished as a cholesterol-free, protein and calorie cornucopia. Most people in Asia obtain 60 to 80 percent of their calories from rice. Rice becomes a "complete protein" when eaten with beans or lentils because the enzymes in rice help to process the proteins in the lentil. As a result, rice is rarely served in India without some kind of lentil or dal."

For a detailed discussion on how Food decides what we are, check this thread in HDF:
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=572

2. The quote about finding God in lower forms of life is really nice and enlightening.

Jigar Guest

Namaste,
    I kill for survival

Swas Tik Hai,
    Jigar

Namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigar View Post
    I kill for survival
    Swas Tik Hai,
    My support for vegetarianism is only personal with absolutely no didactic element in it. Being a vegetarian or not is a personal decision. I am fully aware of the difficulty for non-veggies giving up meat, which perhaps is even more than for veggies taking to meat.

That said, for spiritual progress, our bodies should attain higher vibrational frequencies, for which vegetarian food assists much more than flesh-food. swastik hona hai tho swas (saas) tik hona chahiye; aur swas tik nahi hoga nonveg khana say. I can read and write Hindi in a very limited way. What I meant here was that Svastik (being the symbol of spiritual attainment) can be attained only if the Svas (breath) is 'tik' (right); with flesh-food the breath can't become right due to its grosser vibrations. This again, is a personal perception of mine, take it or leave it.

Jigar Guest

Namas Car,
    I entertain your attitude of perception with a bold statement.
    ** unless we were in a situation where it was either you or me that lives.
    Swas Tik Hai,
    Jigar
    Last edited by Jigar; 01 April 2007 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigar View Post
    Namas Car,
    I entertain your attitude of perception with a bold statement.
    ** unless we were in a situation where it was either you or me that lives.
    Swas Tik Hai,
    Jigar
    You have now shown that your canine teeth are really sharp and strong. Still, in the unlikely event of such a situation, it would be my karma versus yours and not my canine vs yours. We eat to live or live to eat? I think that depends on the liver!

Now, here is a bolder proposition for you: suppose it is you vs them? That is, you are in a situation where it was you versus several beasts, some of them wild?

Jigar Guest

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    You have now shown that your canine teeth are really sharp and strong. Still, in the unlikely event of such a situation, it would be my karma versus yours and not my canine vs yours. We eat to live or live to eat? I think that depends on the liver!

Now, here is a bolder proposition for you: suppose it is you vs them? That is, you are in a situation where it was you versus several beasts, some of them wild?
    In such of an event of our karma challenge, I would play 2/3 paper-rock-scissors or similar game. Care to gamble? I've won pro-life already twice.
    thats quite a simple solution. Its Me vs evil Beasts, I would kill them samurai style assuming I have a talwar of some sort) in killing protection of my survival like I said I would do.

Bhagawan Das,
    Jigar

Jigar Guest

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticalGypsi View Post
    Well, what if we made it fair, jigar. None of you can be armed. You can only use what you were given by nature as protection.

I have been reading about AND EXPERIENCING the results of ayurveda lately. I am convinced that nutrition and health in the united states is largely politically driven either directly or indirectly, through organizations funding their own studies. The beef industry just hates hearing how bad meat is for the body.
    oddly enough, I'm still going to try and kill it or let it kill me if its ferocious. i have never heard of meatig eating as malnutritous asides from some rare bovine diseaes. But here in the US, I expect USDA Grade A prime meat. I've also been hearing on the daily show of bovine cloning which is happening now. Masses of mutated cows are being slaughtered.

Maste Nam,
    Jigar

Jigar Guest

Re: Canines of Interest-very interesting!

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalGypsi View Post

P.S.-Jigar, you have a third alternative...to try and tame them.

Edited note: I could not find it, because I was spelling it wrong! Sorry about that. guggula
    There is no 3rd alternative because you put forth a challenge with "vs", not a situation of me and beasts. In that event, I might just make a bonfire roast, but it depend on the beast, it may be of burden.

Swas Tik hai,
    Jigar
    Last edited by Jigar; 03 April 2007 at 05:28 PM.

Thread Information