Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canines of Interest

Jigar Guest

Re: Canines of Interest

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticalGypsi View Post
    LOL How sweet. I can picture you and the beasts warming yourselves by the bonfire, sharing some tea and cookies. Peace on earth.

What is "Swas Tik hai"?
    MG,
    Swas Tik hai is my take from the word Swastik or Swastika, you know the symbol associated with Hitler. I'm saying the "breath is worth it" broken into syllablles.

Now...back to interests,
    I wanted to mention chickens as well. India has 2 breeds, Desi annd farmed. Either is skimpy meat. Now back in the states, we have ultimate plump fat Purdue chickens. Once again we have a better "unreal" species to curb our appetites.
    Many food borne diseases are instituted by the lack of sufficient cooking. people dont realize that chicken has to be cooked to 165 degrees, pork to 185, beef at 175 to kill food borne bactria. Many under temperatuure an inadequate kitchen sanitation reasons are the root cause of illnessess, not the animals.

Bhagawan Das,
    Jigar
    Last edited by Jigar; 04 April 2007 at 10:22 AM.

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigar View Post
    the word Swastik or Swastika, you know the symbol associated with Hitler.
    How up-side down... Svastika - is a sign of auspiciousness. the one that Hitler used was inversed. The conversation is one of left facing or right facing. THe Nazi's took someting that was wholesome, and made it demonic. They ( the Nazi's) are truly the poster-boys for Kali Yuga.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste Yajvan,
    Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    The conversation is one of left facing or right facing.
    This is what I was told too ... but it turns out, Hindus use both right facing (more common) and left facing Swastikas (less common). Neither has any negative connotation though. Both represent svasti (auspiciousness or well-being). Here's something from Wikipedia:
    In Hinduism, the two symbols represent the two forms of the creator God, Brahmā: facing right it represents the evolution of the universe (Pravritti), facing left it represents the involution of the universe (Nivritti). It is also seen as pointing in all four directions (North, East, South and West) and thus signifies stability and groundedness. Its use as a sun symbol can first be seen in its representation of the god, Surya. The swastika is considered extremely holy and auspicious by all Hindus, and is regularly used to decorate all sorts of items to do with Hindu culture. It is used in all Hindu yantras and religious designs. Throughout the subcontinent of India it can be seen on the sides of temples, written on religious scriptures, on gift items, and on letterhead. The Hindu god Ganesh is often shown as sitting on a lotus flower on a bed of swastikas.

The swastika is found all over Hindu temples, signs, altars, pictures and iconography where it is sacred. It is used in all Hindu weddings, festivals, ceremonies, houses and doorways, clothing and jewelry, motor transport and even decorations on food items like cakes and pastries. Amongst the Hindus of Bengal, it is common to see the name "swastika" (Bengali: স্বস্তিক sbastik) applied to a slightly different symbol, which has the same significance as the common swastika, and both symbols are used as auspicious signs. This symbol looks something like a stick figure of a human being.[14] "Swastika" (স্বস্তিক Sbastik) is a common given name amongst Bengalis[15] and a prominent literary magazine in Kolkata (Calcutta) is called the Swastika.

The Aum symbol is also sacred in Hinduism. While Aum is representative of a single primordial tone of creation, the Swastika is a pure geometrical mark and has no syllabic tone associated with it. The Swastika is one of the 108 symbols of Lord Vishnu and represents the sun's rays without which there would be no life.
    OM Shanti,
    A.

Jigar Guest

Namaste,
    The Swastik that Hitler used was counter-clockwise as well as one of the which is also tilted 45 degrees so it does not stand flat. Anyone know which one stands on a turned degree? Why is it angled if it is Hindu Swastik?

Swas Tik hai,
    Jigar

Jigar Guest

Namaste,
    i would like to further puport my ideas about non vegetarian cuisine. But to my own perspective of culinary taste, i find that in comparison of non vegetarian regional cooking, Indian meat dishes are most authentic marintated and boiled dishes derived from the juices from the meat. major cuisines:
    The chinese lack pronounced sauces in their dishes
    the French Sauces are rich in fatty acids
    Italian sauces are known to be derived from vegetable
    American - well hot dogs and pizza lack sauces unless you count dip.
    Eurocentric sauces are just ecsentric

Omkara,
    Jigar

On Hitler...up side down swastika or not...
    since he was a christian, he is in heaven with the father o mighty singing his praises (hopefully) for eternity. Hopefully he hasn't murdered God the father and his son...
    satay

Jigar Guest

Namaste,
    does anyone besides me think of pig or pork as a rodent meat? I think they are really rodents from land of the giants. So Like Allah suggests, i stay away from pork with an exceptional slice of bacon.

Maste nam,
    jigar

I never had the fortune of trying rodent meat in this life. Now that I have given up meat eating ~ will never know. I never liked pork btw, the very few time it was offered to me, i disliked it almost to the point of puking.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigar View Post
    does anyone besides me think of pig or pork as a rodent meat? I think they are really rodents from land of the giants.
    Hi Jigar. Care to explain how and why pigs are rodents?

A.

Jigar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Agnideva View Post
    Hi Jigar. Care to explain how and why pigs are rodents?

A.
    Namaste agni,
    if you must know...I had a dream. In this dream i was scrolling Yahoo! images. I came upon a page where this mysterious 50ft woman( who is a ravenous angel in other few dreams) began stimulating herself on top of from standing on one of the third identical picture of the empire state blding where I live in NY. I had a picture that I drew but it is lost.
    Anyways... this leads me to believing that there is a land of the giants. And I was just thinkng that pigs would be really large rodents in their land. It may not be a rodent but an equallant.

maste nam,
    jigar

Thread Information