Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extreme lethargy - can jyotish explain it?

1. Re: Extreme lethargy - can jyotish explain it?

Namaste,

Just my two cents worth. Her Lagna seems to be strongly influenced by Venus and Jupiter. She has a prominent Venus (placed in own sign) in the first house and Jupiter placed in the 5th house is aspecting Venus in 1st. Based on Jupiter's placement in Pisces in the Navamsa chart, it appears that Jupiter's influence is also quite strong. So there is a double whammy here! Both these planets are Kapha causing planets and their strong influence on the Lagna seems to suggest she has a severe Kapha imbalance which is causing her to be lethargic.

I find that people with a strong Venus or a Jupiter usually want to take it "easy" in life, to the extent of being quite lazy. They don't like to exert too much effort and want to just sail through life, if they can get away with that kind of attitude.

Smile Re: Extreme lethargy - can jyotish explain it?

Apologies for bringing up older threads which are probably defunct now, but this one hit home in more ways than one.

If Viraja, the original poster is still on the forum, I too am born in the same Lagna Nakshatra.. and yes, was blessed with pretty looks - that is thanks to Rohini Nakshatra with lagna lord being strong swakshetra there.. they have been spoilt in the last few years as well so any tips on bringing back the lustre from other jyotishi )

I am not too lethargic though I have time periods of lethargy. Would be interested to know if there are any remedies that jyotishi know for afflictions of tamas/inertia to a nativity? I found that chanting shlokas always helped me feel more energetic at the time. Would be interested to know if there are other specific things.

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Namaste Krishnaji,

I'll check with her again regarding birth time.

But she is a very pretty woman (although right now she doesn't reflect the beauty of her young age after lots of mishaps in life) and I thought it is due to her Malavya yoga.

I know only 1 factor does not determine anything, especially something as sensitive as birth time.

But if anyone is interested, I can PM a list of things unique in her life (like marriage at age 17...).

Thanks.

Re: Extreme lethargy - can jyotish explain it?

Namaste Laalu,

I'm curious to find ways that can cure lethargy, too.

I believe there might be some remedies procured via taking invigorating Ayurvedic supplements and practice of Yogasana and such...

But I have no knowledge of Ayurveda, perhaps more knowledgeable could help...

Regards,

Viraja
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Vannakkam: If CFS is involved, there is a lot of on-line information for browsing, like this (advertising?) site I found on a simple search.

http://www.naturalhealth365.com/0974...syndrome.html/

Aum Namasivaya

Thanks for the link on CFS, EM ji. Good link, however what I am talking to (for myself and for the nativity described in the OP) is pure, plain lethargy.

(The nativity described in the OP might be suffering from complications related to mental health which make her lethargic, combined with side-effects from medicine, but I am not sure).

Thanks.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

For me, ( and my views on this matter) I would look to the offerings of āyurveda and a specific rasāyana . Look for one that uplifts the total system.

See post # 6 here :
    http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?14232-Air-head-v%C4%81ta-do%E1%B9%A3a

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Light Re: Extreme lethargy - can jyotish explain it?

Hi

You already know my chart details from earlier posts. Strong influence on Venus and Sun in lagna etc etc. So I had good health till I was bereaved a few years ago. The feelings of grief, anxiety, and worry.. which I hadn't faced till then led to a massive imbalance of vata and secondarily pitta in my own body and gave me a serious ailment out of the blue. That's also when I saw the lethargy that I spoke of earlier.

Astrologers like to say it was transit Shani in 6th house, sade sati, what have you. But an ayurvaidya pointed this out to me - such feelings can also trigger imbalances in the body, if something is dormant.

If the fatigue or lethargy is chronic, then Ayurvedic lifestyle changes will help you tremendously. If it is temporal like mine was , then hopefully there is something to help one through the time.. I had learnt the Rudram at the time and would chant it for strength and support. Many other shlokas and stotras are out there, each with their own power and resonance to different individuals.
    Forcing yourself to exercise also does wonders. The little lifestyle changes that vaidyas will give you really help! It's all about understanding when x feelings or x dosha grip you and dealing with them accordingly. Ayurveda helped me tremendously. Hope it helps her, and anyone else, too.

Thanks to yajvan ji for elucidating the tenets of ayurveda so beautifully as always. Pranaams.

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

For me, ( and my views on this matter) I would look to the offerings of āyurveda and a specific rasāyana . Look for one that uplifts the total system.

See post # 6 here :
    http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?14232-Air-head-v%C4%81ta-do%E1%B9%A3a

iti śivaṁ
    Last edited by yajvan; 08 April 2017 at 07:17 PM.

Hello. Am new to this forum and find the articles and discussions here fascinating. This particular discussion especially struck close to home as I have a similar problem. I am also Taurus Lagna (Rohini Nakshatra) and Venus is in 10th, Jupiter however is in 7th directly aspecting the lagna. Maybe that is why I have always been a little overweight, even though about 3 - 4 times in my life, I have lost a tremendous amount of weight due to diet and exercise and been the envy of all. I have been also hailed as very good looking, though now due to intense laziness and lethargy I've let that slide by not taking care of myself even in the least. I was employed and making a good amount of money, but now find myself too lazy to even search online for a job and just while my time away. This in spite of the fact that people call me very intelligent and brainy. I was the topper in school when young (when I was forced to study by my parents), but as I grew up and their hold on me lightened, I became very lethargic and just coasted my way through. But,luck favoured me through out and I scored very good marks in school and college with the least possible effort and came out with a distinction in my Master's degree. Later, again with the least effort, I was called and offered job after job, everything with better and better pay until I was earning a few lakhs a year (this is before 16 years)... then, I moved abroad and this is when the axe fell. I became too comfortable and settled in an upper middle class life and used to spend my whole day watchingTV or on the Internet. Suddenly, in the evening, I would get a burst of energy and finish all the household chores within 2 - 3 hrs including cooking. Then again back to the couch. To this day, I've never had a maid and do everything myself. I am also known by friends and acquaintances to have a very clean, tidy and tasteful house. They keep asking me how I do it without help. They seem to think thatI must working round the clock to maintain the house this way. Nobody knows thatI work very fast and can accomplish what others do in half the time and much better than anybody else. I've realised now that this drive and energy comes only when I'm pushed to the edge.as longan I have a choice I would be lazy and lethargic, but when I HAVE to do something, when threes no other go, then I do it. SImilar was my employment history too. My bosses respected me a lot because I could deliver perfect results under pressure, but they were also surprised that during normal times, my output was so-so only.

Am writing all this down here, since the other 2 people in this thread who have been mentioned as Taurus lagna too, might be having the same problem. For this relative of Viraja's, no other treatment except removing her from her comfort zone is needed I think. Maybe we all suffer from an abusive mindset which tries to milk the situation as much as we can. Don't know which planet is causing this type of attitude (my Shanti is also Neecha in Aries). I also tend to postpone everything and have perfected procrastination to a fine art. Even thinking or forming new ideas are postponed to a later date. But,when I am pushed, the creativity suddenly flows and brilliant ideas and solutions pop up in my mind. For this reason, a few close relatives always think of me as the go to person for solutions or advise to their problems. My physical health however seems well and I have no ailments, which is a contrast to the person being discussed here.

Malefics cause subjective discomfort, usually of a deep kind. This individual seems to be not suffering all that much, although is obviously making others in her milieu unhappy, worried and perplexed!

Malefic and benefic is a binary dichotomy utilized in many forms of classical-traditional astrological interpretations stemming from what was conceived and interpreted in simpler times in past!

May not have much relevance in modern societal reality and times! :-)

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Thread Information