Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme lethargy - can jyotish explain it?

Extreme lethargy - can jyotish explain it?

Namaste,

I have a relative (female - 43 yrs of age) who is extremely lethargic. Although she works fulltime as a teacher, I know her to be an extremely lethargic person as I know her very well and since her young age at that. At her young age, she never used to help out with any household work, even very little help, and had food served to her at her place. She would take a big nap every day after returning from school or college. She grew up like that, and became a family woman. She has her parent living with her, who takes care of running the family for her including cooking. Being a mother of a 23 yr old and then a 19 yr old, there is not even a day she cooked or washed the vessels or folded the clothes out of laundry or ran errands at the shop. Sometimes, she is so very lethargic that when the servant maid washes the clothes (she is in India, a middle-class woman) and has it piled up and has left for some reason, even if it took a week, the wet clothes would lay just there piled up and this lady would not have picked it up and let it hang in the racks for drying!

Can jyotish explain this type of lethargy? What would be the cure, the remedy, is there a prayer to rectify this behaviour?

Thanks.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: Extreme lethargy - can jyotish explain it?

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namaste

Tamasic graha-s can be one conclusion a joyotisa comes to . The quality of tamas is that of heaviness, lethargy, dullness, darkness and the like. Then we would look to the excessive influence of tamasic graha-s that falls on the 1st house (and in my opinion 2nd house of food, therefore the D-2 divisional chart).

Who are the tamasic graha-s? saturn, mars, rāhu , ketu. Saturn or śanaiscara is the slow moving one... this slowness when excessive brings heaviness and lethargy. More can be said about rāhu , ketu but will hold-off . Let alone when it comes to mars it is more difficult to explain lethargy from a graha that is prone to energy.

So where am I going with this. IMHO lethargy is better seen (and corrected) via āyurveda and the various doṣa-s that may arise
    ( no doubt influenced by the graha-s). Excessive lethargy is the affliction of kapha imbalance ( or blemish , doṣa).

If you put your attention here, on the kapha imbalance one will have better success then trying to sort out & correct the influences from the graha-s. Visiting a capable vaidya (āyurvedic doctor) will go a long way to finding a healthy solution.

iti śivaṁ
    • āyurveda - contains eight departments:
      • śalya or (removal of) any substance which has entered the body
      • śālākya or cure of diseases of the eye or ear by śalākās or sharp instruments ;
      • kāya-cikitsā or cure of diseases affecting the whole body ;
      • bhūtavidyā or treatment of mental diseases supposed to be produced by demoniacal influence ;
      • kaumāra-bhṛtya or treatment of children ;
      • agada-tantra or doctrine of antidotes ;
      • rāsāyana-tantra or doctrine of elixirs ;
      • vājīkaraṇa tantra or doctrine of aphrodisiacs

• doṣa - detrimental effect ; blemish; rooted ( √ ) in duṣ meaning fault , vice , deficiency , want , inconvenience , disadvantage
    Last edited by yajvan; 09 May 2017 at 04:52 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thank you, Yajvan ji. I did think that this type of lazyness will be due to the influence of malefic planets on the lagna. This lady only has a benefic Venus sitting in lagna giving malavya mahapurush yoga, but her Saturn (9th and 10th lord) is debilitated 12 to lagna - maybe this Saturn has an influence on the lagna? It may even be that the birth time is incorrect and this Saturn actually sits on her lagna.. don't know. Thanks again for the reply.

Recently this lady discussed with me regarding her multitude of health problems and I took her chart so that I can ask some astrologers I know about her health and welfare.

If anyone is interested in seeing her chart, please let me know, I can PM her details.

hariḥ o
    ~~~~~~
    namast

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    but her Saturn (9th and 10th lord) is debilitated 12 to lagna - maybe this Saturn has an influence on the lagna?
    We learn from ṛṣi jaimini (who was the student of veda vyāsa) in his most noted work the upadeśa-sūtra-s (sūtra 1.1.4 ) that graha-s or signs intervene ( or have argala) that are 2nd, 4th or 11th from a sign or from a graha.
    So in your post you mention śanaiscara (saturn) is in the 12th. Then the ascendant (lagna) is the second from the 12th and therefore has argala on the 1st house. There is the influence by Saturn.

iti śivaṁ

1. argala is defined as a wooden bolt or pin for fastening a door or the cover of a vessel ; in jyotish we are taught this means ~intervention~ ... the sign or graha intervenes in the houses or graha's that are 2nd , 4th or 11th from it. This intervention can be positive or negative
    causing an obstruction by fair or foul means.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Thanks a million for your nice astrological expositions...

Namaste Yajvanji

Your scientific postings on astrology and logical applications of aphorisms and deductions of conclusions are very much persuasive. Very soothing is your suggestive approach to astrological expositions...I am very delighted, enriched and conforted inwardly, to read your postings on astrology.

Your posts are keeping alive my aspirations to learn astrology very well. Some years later, I may well become an exponent in astrology , after grounding myself in Sanskrit grammar (Panini's Ashtadhyayi and Vaiyakarana Siddhanta Kaumudhi).

Thanks a million...Please keep up these postings...

Regards
    Ra K Sankar

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ o
    ~~~~~~
    namast

We learn from ṛṣi jaimini (who was the student of veda vyāsa) in his most noted work the upadeśa-sūtra-s (sūtra 1.1.4 ) that graha-s or signs intervene ( or have argala) that are 2nd, 4th or 11th from a sign or from a graha.
    So in your post you mention śanaiscara (saturn) is in the 12th. Then the ascendant (lagna) is the second from the 12th and therefore has argala on the 1st house. There is the influence by Saturn.

iti śivaṁ
    That's it! Yajvan ji, now I understand how this Saturn in neech-avastha in her chart (being a troubled malefic) is thus troubling her lagna! Thank you so much for this!

I have a doubt - in her lagna, Venus lord of 1 and 6 is sitting in own house (Taurus). Should this Venus be considered a functional malefic troubling her lagna? (since malefic Saturn is also impacting the lagna by the argala).

Thank you.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~
    namast

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    That's it! Yajvan ji, now I understand how this Saturn in neech-avastha in her chart (being a troubled malefic) is thus troubling her lagna! Thank you so much for this!

I have a doubt - in her lagna, Venus lord of 1 and 6 is sitting in own house (Taurus). Should this Venus be considered a functional malefic troubling her lagna? (since malefic Saturn is also impacting the lagna by the argala).

Thank you.
    Best for me to view the chart...

Also look to the hora of the day of when this native was born. This may answer a small question on a time period of deep fatigue. This would be influenced by the hora of the sun in the daśā periods of the sun.

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Namaste Yajvan ji, (also anyone else if interested)

The data of the lady is: July 18, 1969
    2:50 AM
    Chennai, Tamil Nadu, INDIA.

She seems to have been born in Saturn hora during the dasa of Ketu/Jupiter.

Om tat sat the chart generated based on the above data doesn't indicate lethargic attitude. The lagnathipathi is in lagna in moons star. The moon is aspected is well placed in 4th house with no aspects. The lagna is aspected by mars and guru. Ideally the person should be active in nature. I guess the birth data may not be accurate. Thanks krishna

Namaste Krishnaji,

I'll check with her again regarding birth time.

But she is a very pretty woman (although right now she doesn't reflect the beauty of her young age after lots of mishaps in life) and I thought it is due to her Malavya yoga.

I know only 1 factor does not determine anything, especially something as sensitive as birth time.

But if anyone is interested, I can PM a list of things unique in her life (like marriage at age 17...).

Thanks.

Thread Information