Thread: Murtis/puja place in student rooms

Murtis/puja place in student rooms

Namaste all.
    I will need to spend the next year or two living in a dorm and am wondering if it would be possible to have a small puja altar in it. I would like to keep murtis of Lord Shiva and Mata Parvati as they are my ishta deva and devi, one of Lord Ganesha, and perhaps one of Mata Saraswati as well.

But I have always heard it is disrespectful or inauspicious to have the Lord's murtis in a bedroom (I am not sure exactly where I heard this from so if anyone can confirm it as true or correct it if false, I would appreciate it.) So in that case would it be disrespectful/inauspicious to sleep in the same room where I have placed the murtis?

Then again, I will also probably not be able to have a diya or offer dhupa due to university policy. So maybe with both these issues combined, would it be better for me to take the Lord's darshan at a mandir instead rather than risk performing puja and placing murtis improperly?
    "Faith is to believe what you do not see. Faith's reward is to see what you believed." -Swami Chinmayananda

Re: Murtis/puja place in student rooms

In Hinduism Puja are performed for different purposes whether it is puja for family protection, puja for happiness, puja for health. It is believed that performing puja to associated deities would be lead into fulfilled wishes.
    Chakra Healing with RRST!!!

Thread Information